Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Worst Perfomance?

Default Re: Worst Perfomance?

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    That being said, the worst for me was the Dum Dum Girls.
    Was it that see thru top?

Sorry GPS, Pharrell was horrible and I loooove the gays
    Then again he was quite the queen weekend 1 wasn't he?
    Papi Piratón!

Pharrell is known mostly for his writing and producing. His singing career is rather recent. He's a gorgeous looking 41-year-old man who is a musical genius. His voice is no worse than Jeff Magnum or that dude who is the lead singer for Radio Headz.
    THom YOrke has a far better voice than Pharrell.

Thom Yorke's farts sound better than Pharrell.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Thom Yorke's farts sound better than Pharrell.
    Thom Yorke could wear Pharrell's overrated hat better than Pharrell himself.

I thought Blood Orange was great, cuz I like me some bisexual singers, too. Gaychella FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I thought Blood Orange was great, cuz I like me some bisexual singers, too. Gaychella FTW!
    Than you must like Kate Nash.

And he was one of the best for me. That's the difference between you straight people and us gays. I needed me some Gwen Stephanie, Nelly, Usher, and Jay Z.

I can honestly say I didn't see one terrible set this year. That being said, the worst for me was the Dum Dum Girls.
    Yeah, I was hoping for something special here. It never happened.

Dum Dum Girls had technical difficulties, it was sweltering and I got bored and bolted for Title Fight, which was the right call because it was a hard rocking, high energy set.

Awaiting the "Hey, her boobies were on the big screen a lot!" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post

Dum Dum Girls had technical difficulties, it was sweltering and I got bored and bolted for Title Fight, which was the right call because it was a hard rocking, high energy set.

i only saw the first 3 tracks of Title Fight but they sounded amazing. Left to see A$AP Ferg which I regret. that was probably the worst set I watched all the way through.

Weekend 2:

I didn't see anything terrible this year. I think my biggest disappointment was CHVRCHES because they were one of the acts I was most excited for and I thought they sounded a little lackluster, I still enjoyed them though.

Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Weekend 2:

I didn't see anything terrible this year. I think my biggest disappointment was CHVRCHES because they were one of the acts I was most excited for and I thought they sounded a little lackluster, I still enjoyed them though.
    My friend had an all access pass, and when she asked the lead singer of CHVRCHES to take a picture with her, she said no.

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    My friend had an all access pass, and when she asked the lead singer of CHVRCHES to take a picture with her, she said no.
    I hate when I hear stuff like this : /

Weekend 2:

Coming from someone who's seen CHVRCHES twice at their own show and had a blast both times, they were a total letdown Weekend 2. They started way late and cut out some of their best songs (I saw their setlist), and they were also given a crappy set time to begin with. Late evening in the Mojave would've been perfect, but without their light show and being in 90-degree heat, they were far less exciting to watch than usual.

DDGs got a lot better after you left. It was almost as if they said, whew, that asshole's gone, let's turn on the other amps and really get going here.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The only one that left me shaking my head was Bryan Ferry. His singing sounded just decrepit, and wasn't digging the setlist. We left and heard he started playing the good songs right afterwards. Oh well...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    help me understand what I was hearing as I walked by then Bob. I'm not even talking about his musical style or anything, I'm just talking about the actual physical act of singing. When I say it sounded like some guy singing in the shower badly, i mean that literally. It sounded off-key, strained, as if he were unable to find or carry a melody. what the fuck was that?
    Wknd. 1 he blamed the dust, only to bomb again wknd 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Chance the Rapper sounded horrendous.

Like I-cant-enjoy-my-beer-break-at-the-main-stage-garden-because-of-this-noise-pollution horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Richa2ak View Post
    Chance the Rapper sounded horrendous.

Like I-cant-enjoy-my-beer-break-at-the-main-stage-garden-because-of-this-noise-pollution horrendous.
    He got too sick to perform on week 2.

I hate when I hear stuff like this : /
    If some random people came up to you all the time and asked you to take a picture of them with you, would you really say yes every time? More power to the lady from CHVRCHES that she can actually tell people no.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I wouldn't say I saw anything on a level of Uffie-bad, or even just not good, so I guess I was pretty lucky this year. The only thing I really wasn't feeling was Banks, but I think I just more that I wasn't digging the music than the performance itself.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    At least she said no. One year I saw Zooey Deschanel talking to friends backstage. I stood and waited politely for a few minutes and not interrupt the conversation. As soon as they were done talking I started asking for a photo and Zooey literally ran to her tour bus. Another time I tried to ask for a photo with Pelle of The Hives he just completely ignored me and walked away.
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

I enjoyed about 90% of what I saw this year, so I don't have much to complain about.

I really wasn't into Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Maybe because I had heard such good things about them live, they were just, meh.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

I don't think it's reasonable to expect celebrities to be 100% present for their fans 100% of the time. Sometimes you just don't want to take a picture with a complete stranger. In general, CHVRCHES seems to be pretty good at reaching out to their fans, I think a lot better than most bands.

I didn't go to Coachella this year, but watched the Pharrell broadcast on AXS TV and quite enjoyed it. Though I do agree that his voice pretty much never sounds good live.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    The only one that left me shaking my head was Bryan Ferry. His singing sounded just decrepit, and wasn't digging the setlist. We left and heard he started playing the good songs right afterwards. Oh well...
    We sprinted over after the last note of the Replacements' set and caught the last 4 and a half songs.

No complaints about the singing or song selection to close out the show(weekend one) but the sound seemed altogether muddy (vs Replacements on the Outdoor) minutes earlier.

We sprinted over after the last note of the Replacements' set and caught the last 4 and a half songs.

No complaints about the singing or song selection to close out the show(weekend one) but the sound seemed altogether muddy (vs Replacements on the Outdoor) minutes earlier.
    I did the same thing and thought the last 4 songs of Bryan Ferry were incredible, one of my favorite moments of the fest.

I wouldn't say they were terrible, but I thought the Dum Dum Girls set was pretty disappointing. The sound was muddy and they lacked energy, it was also hot as fuck outside.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Dum Dum Girls isn't really that good of a live band, but it did get better as the set progressed. For whatever reason, some bands just can't fully harness their recorded sound in a live setting.

Julian Casablancas was fucking horrendous. What was that shit? I left after the first song with a look on my face directed towards the people that were staying for the next song that was a mixture of amusement, horror, and pure confusion.
    Last edited by purplecow; 04-23-2014 at 07:32 PM.

8/28 Bear in Heaven, 8/31 Little Dragon, 9/11 Delta Spirit, 9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/2 Beck, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Pharrell was the worst for me. Left after the first 3 songs. On my way out, people were looking at me like i was out of my mind or something. I thought the guy was suppose to perform. Not just stand around moving his mouth to his own songs.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Flosstradamus. But even then I had fun it just got too craptastic and predictable in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Has to be Julian's set - met up a genuinely nice person at his set who, 10 minutes in, was cursing his name and begging to leave. I kind of dug it in a "what's gonna happen next" kind of way.

For everyone hating on DDG, they got the short end of the stick with playing on the Outdoor at 2:30 - Lost Boys and Girls Club still sounded good.

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Julian Casablancas was fucking horrendous. What was that shit? I left after the first song with a look on my face directed towards the people that were staying for the next song that was a mixture of amusement, horror, and pure confusion.
    I think that was his goal. He's trying to be rebellious now. I actually did like his set because I'm one of the few people who's listened to and actually likes the new stuff. And I think the fact that he didn't play Daft Punk when he said he would is kind of hilarious.