Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Worst Perfomance?

Default Re: Worst Perfomance?

Though this is all subjective/objective , I thought New Order just seem to be phoning it in nowadays. Maybe they're just bored with having to keep playing their greatest hits over and over ad nauseum. And whoring out the Joy Division tracks must have Ian Curtis rolling in his grave.Maybe they need to beg Peter Hook to come back..."all is forgiven".....

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupmandy View Post
    Ian from Stone Roses sounded horrible and he shouted "fuck you" to the audience a coue of times. It was embarrassing!
    thank you, he kept saying thank you

Did you see them Weekend 1? I thought their sound was terrible as well. But I couldn't tell if I was in a weird sound pocket or not. The wind was doing crazy things with a few sets throughout the weekend. I finally figured it out at Portugal the Man and just moved back behind the speakers and they sounded great.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    The sound was AWFUL for Metric. And it's sad all they care about is their last two shit-tastic albums now.

I can't say worst, but saddest was Rodriguez. The sound level was criminally low. My buddy started almost crying because he was certain it was the last time he'd ever get to see him play.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

your buddy sounds like a wimp

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieGoesToHollywood View Post
    thank you, he kept saying thank you
    ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Arrow Re: Worst Perfomance?

Ugh. So many.
    - Modest Mouse was dissapointing and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention how he fucked up the verses on a few of their songs.
    - RHCP's audio was terrible. The ronchy white guys who are in charge of audio should've been doing their job before the set instead of trying to sweet talk myself and some other girls before the Wu Tang set.
    - Johnny Marr was ehh for me. I was expecting something else
    - Grimes :/

**On a positive note, Jake Bugg, Cafe Tacvba, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Pretty Lights were great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IamTheWalrusVPz View Post
    Ugh. So many.
    - Modest Mouse was dissapointing and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention how he fucked up the verses on a few of their songs.
    - RHCP's audio was terrible. The ronchy white guys who are in charge of audio should've been doing their job before the set instead of trying to sweet talk myself and some other girls before the Wu Tang set.

**On a positive note, Jake Bugg, Cafe Tacvba, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Pretty Lights were great!!!
    Really? I thought Marr was an obvious talent and it seemed to me that the crowd enjoyed it. Grimes was good. She didn't mess up any of her sample triggers or synth parts and she was great vocally.

Pretty Lights messed up 3-4 times within a span of like 15 minutes, where he botched the audio and messed up the flow.

Youth Lagoon was the only band that I saw that didn't do it for me. They had a few good tracks that I got into but the energy in the room just wasn't there.

I suggest doing your research and getting a good spot in the tents to fully enjoy the audio at its fullest.

Lee Perry's set was a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Lee Perry's set was a tragedy.
    I dunno, I feel better that I've eaten his shit and drank his piss.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

the only set i saw that really dissapointed me was Jaime XX. Not sure what I was expecting but that wasnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinclair View Post
    the only set i saw that really dissapointed me was Jaime XX. Not sure what I was expecting but that wasnt it.
    Is that like the mexican Jamie XX?
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Hands down Vampire Weekend.

pretty lights being forced to hit play 3 times after accidentally pausing his set twice.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by mazzystareyes View Post
    Hands down Vampire Weekend.
    Vampire Weekend wasn't bad at all. Are you sure you were awake at the time? There were some bros in the crowd though that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IamTheWalrusVPz View Post
    Ugh. So many.

Modest Mouse Week 2 was just as good as their Pomona show.

RHCP set was awesome, at least from near the board.

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Is that like the mexican Jamie XX?
    How do you mean? He didn't mug me or weigh down the public services system by partaking in its benefits without paying in to its funding.

Kidding. Sorry guess I spelled it wrong. Set still blew

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I can't say worst, but saddest was Rodriguez. The sound level was criminally low. My buddy started almost crying because he was certain it was the last time he'd ever get to see him play.
    Yeah, it seemed like he was playing well, but it was sound was way too low sadly... Really wished they would've turn it up a lot more for him.

grimes voice audio was way too low
    i thought tame impalas voice audio was a little off too. (still loved their set though)
    Hardwell was awful, not that that should be surprising.
    HtDA was quite bad i thought.
    also major lazer

I wanted to see what the hype was about concerning Earl Sweatshirt and his OF buddies. My assumption was true he sucks live, Tyler the creator came out for a song with him and said to the crowd "I hate fucking all of you" so turned around and left to finish Blurs set which I should have never left.
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    pretty lights being forced to hit play 3 times after accidentally pausing his set twice.
    We were walking by the Outdoor and Pretty Lights started Nirvana Nevermind - the actual song not even a remix or anything different - and then he basically just faded out that song and started playing a completely different song for 30 seconds and his set just ended? What was that.

Rodriguez weekend 1 sucked, let's just all say it. The sound sucked, his performance sucked, his band mates sucked. Not what I was hoping for at all.

paul kalkbrenner shouldn't have been in the sahara. The sound in there is really bad in there for his kind of music. A smaller tent or Yuma would have been far better.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    Did you see them Weekend 1? I thought their sound was terrible as well. But I couldn't tell if I was in a weird sound pocket or not. The wind was doing crazy things with a few sets throughout the weekend. I finally figured it out at Portugal the Man and just moved back behind the speakers and they sounded great.
    Yeah, it was Wknd 1 and it probably was the wind because the sound would keep almost shifting or cutting in and out. But I was in a similar spot for other acts on main stage and didn't have that issue.
    Last edited by microcuts; 04-22-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    We were walking by the Outdoor and Pretty Lights started Nirvana Nevermind - the actual song not even a remix or anything different - and then he basically just faded out that song and started playing a completely different song for 30 seconds and his set just ended? What was that.
    Which Nirvana song?
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Disappointed by La Roux and the Faint. Not sure if their sound was off or what. I've seen the faint live a few times and I was pretty close to the front, but it just didn't do anything for me. So glad disclosure saved my Sunday night and ended it right.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I feel the need to step in here. The Shouting Matches earlier in the day spent almost a half hour sound checking their equipment, and then proceeded to play a full set. This screwed up the Gobi for the rest of the day. The fact that Japandroids only started 10 minutes late is a miracle. Brian King is notoriously picky about the sound of his guitar, so it was actually an extremely fast sound check for the band. They were supposed to have 25 minutes for a soundcheck, and went onstage 20 minutes after James McCartney ended. So if you want to blame anyone, blame that cunt Justin Vernon.
    Well excuse them for trying to get their sound right.

Modest Mouse was very disappointing Weekend 2. It sucked because I had to deal with the clusterfuck at the end...I almost had a panic attack lol. What happened to Dramamine?

Quote Originally Posted by tim time View Post
    HtDA was quite bad i thought.
    That's crazy talk. We're you there for the whole set?

modest mouse fucking killed it weekend 2 i really dont know what some people on this forum are smoking