Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Examples of Douche-Chella

Default Examples of Douche-Chella

Don't mean to sound like grumpy old guy, because I had a total blast (again), but...

1. Plowing forward with your boyfriend and your backpack into the front of a crowded set and banging said backpack on the people (i.e., me) in front of you. If you want to get up front, get there early people. If you're gonna plow through, it better be to go mosh with Social D.
    2. Texting your buddies to come find you, only the texting is done with hands over-head, which is followed by holding said phone up so that said buddies could find you.
    3. Swaying and dancing to good music (ok, good so far) and then throwing your frizzy hair into the faces of those (i.e., me) behind you.
    4. Talking and talking (and talking some more) during ALL of Modest Mouse. If the music is quiet enough to carry on a conversation, it probably means that said conversation will detract from others' enjoyment of the show.
    5. Holding up those big face signs at just the proper level to block out as many people as possible. (The first 3-4 were mildly funny, but the 50th one I saw suggested a lack of originality).

Bottom line is jump around, twirl, spin, dance, shout, sing all you want but just respect others' space.
    Last edited by grichsgang; 04-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Default Re: Examples of Douche-Chella

I agree with these things but Modest Mouse had some very serious technical difficulties. I don't think most of the speakers on the main were working at all because I couldn't hear shit and I was fairly close.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    2. Texting your buddies to come find you, only the texting is done with hands over-head, which is followed by holding said phone up so that said buddies could find you.
    I wouldn't text over my head, but I'd send a text saying that I'll hold my phone up and then hold my phone up for a few seconds so that my friend(s) can find me. I don't see very much wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

I see too much whining ITT, and not enough raging. Stop being so fucking whiny, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    I see too much whining ITT, and not enough raging. Stop being so fucking whiny, OP.
    Are you ever polite to people on the internet? Legitimate question as it seems like you just try and make everyone else feel bad.

Don't mean to sound like grumpy old guy, because I had a total blast (again), but...

1. Plowing forward with your boyfriend and your backpack into the front of a crowded set and banging said backpack on the people (i.e., me) in front of you.
    and may I add only to stand/sit and wait for the next set, not to actually pay attention to Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds or anybody great

Quote Originally Posted by werner12123 View Post
    Are you ever polite to people on the internet? Legitimate question as it seems like you just try and make everyone else feel bad.
    Well dude, I'd honestly be nicer if some people would stop bitching about non-issues and move on. If someone is talking during modest mouse, you can either a) ask them to stop talking, or b) move away. Coming to the interwebz to bitch about it does nothing.

With that being said, I'm sorry for being an asshole. I will stop that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    Well dude, I'd honestly be nicer if some people would stop bitching about non-issues and move on. If someone is talking during modest mouse, you can either a) ask them to stop talking, or b) move away. Coming to the interwebz to bitch about it does nothing.
    and the people who are the offenders are probably not going to read the thread you posted.

1. Plowing forward with your boyfriend and your backpack into the front of a crowded set and banging said backpack on the people (i.e., me) in front of you. If you want to get up front, get there early people. If you're gonna plow through, it better be to go mosh with Social D.
    3. Swaying and dancing to good music (ok, good so far) and then throwing your frizzy hair into the faces of those (i.e., me) behind you.
    4. Talking and talking (and talking some more) during ALL of Modest Mouse. If the music is quiet enough to carry on a conversation, it probably means that said conversation will detract from others' enjoyment of the show.
    5. Holding up those big face signs at just the proper level to block out as many people as possible. (The first 3-4 were mildly funny, but the 50th one I saw suggested a lack of originality).

Bottom line is jump around, twirl, spin, dance, shout, sing all you want but just respect others' space.
    This basically happens at every single show I go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

I only had douchy dude-bro encounters during Tame Impala. some really tall VIP assholoes decided that it was the perfect set to have loud conversations and try and make phone calls to find their trashy girlfriends.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

What's up with the flags this year...

THIS AINT FUCKING GLASTONBURY
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    I wouldn't text over my head, but I'd send a text saying that I'll hold my phone up and then hold my phone up for a few seconds so that my friend(s) can find me. I don't see very much wrong with that.
    I'm OK with the latter, too. I just don't need to see you struggling with your spell check 2 feet in front of my face.

My weekend was relatively douche free.

Same.

The" Personality of a Brick "award goes to......

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    What's up with the flags this year...

THIS AINT FUCKING GLASTONBURY
    Agreed. I think this was the first year what I'm calling the Douche Totem (long pole/stick with something ridiculous on it) was in full effect.

Also, its pretty much the Rule number one of Coachella thermodynamics, no matter where you go in a stage, there will always be some guy directly in front of you with a backpack.

The smoking in the tents/stages, especially before the sets started, was my #1 annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

You mean it wasn't us waking you up every night when we got back to the house?

Bitch poles were an annoyance, as always. But the biggest douche group I ran across were The Six Best Friends That Anyone Can Have during La Roux. One of them needs to die. The only reason he didn't was because one of the friends kept apologizing for him saying, "Everyone has one, sorry."
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

1. Plowing forward with your boyfriend and your backpack into the front of a crowded set and banging said backpack on the people (i.e., me) in front of you.

This is what did it for me

I would like to add the following: The group of 20-30 people who held hands and had one pinky raised in the air who pushed past me multiple times. I don't mind letting people in front of me but if there are 30 of you it might be a wiser choice to preplan and get up front early.

The people who don't know their drinking limits and get so drunk they can't walk, stand or speak. One girl was sitting next to me with her friends and was puking in the grass. She finally stopped and the group gets up and walks off leaving a big pile of puke. At least throw a little water down on that. Imagine if it's you who has to step in it. Another girl was walking around telling anyone who would listen that she was black out drunk. The mother in me wanted to follow her around for the rest of the day to make sure she didn't get gang raped.

If you have a good spot and don't want people to get in front of you, I completely understand. But sometimes there are people who are up front who need to leave. Sometimes that is because they are having a panic attack and need to GET THE FUCK AWAY. It is completely rude to keep them from leaving. Especially if they look like they are about to cry and are saying please excuse me, I just need to leave.

Also, people need to learn to throw their garbage away. I know they have people there who do this, but they also have garbage cans everywhere. Is it really that hard to pick that shit up and throw it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You mean it wasn't us waking you up every night when we got back to the house?
    No, except for Thursday night, that wasn't so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

backpack into the front of a crowded set ... If you're gonna plow through, it better be to go mosh

Bringing a backpack to a mosh pit is pretty annoying, too. During _Cloud Nothings_, the end of my wristband got snagged in the zipper of someone's backpack. Getting it disentangled *while we were still in the pit* was a pain in the ass.

6-7 foot tall guys who shove their way through the crowd to stand in the 2" between you and the person in front of you. Dude, there is a reason all the short people are standing together! You are kind of opaque! Some guy who had to be at least 7' tall came to try to stand in front of me during YYYs set, or should I say tried to stand on top of me cause there was no room. After being shoved back by many of us shorter people he finally moved on, plowing through the crowd. Seriously, if you are *really* tall, please decide where you are going to stand *before* the crowd has settled and the show has started. Geez!

First-prize for me goes to the gang of shirtless dudes who pissed in a bottle and threw it over the crowd before James Blake. People like that listen to James Blake? Or is that just who the festival draws now? It was pretty shocking to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Backpack people in general
    People who argue with security over stuff that's clearly not allowed slowing down the security line
    People who don't know what they want when it's their turn in the merch-line and then try on 15 different shirts
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Every single person you refer to was raised by people who taught them to behave that way. Or who think what they are doing is a matter of life and death. OTOH expectations of politeness kindness etc are pretty much the way to the fair. Which in my neck of the woods is Pomona.

Last year everyone I ran into was like a smiling blow up bobo. You could just touch them and they'd float away and then right themselves. I do not do many drugs but my guess was that every other person was on Molly and that made for a pleasant day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Backpack people in general
    People who argue with security over stuff that's clearly not allowed slowing down the security line
    People who don't know what they want when it's their turn in the merch-line and then try on 15 different shirts

Hey fuck the hate for backpacks. I wear mine all day, everyday. Not everyone with a bag is up on the front row or pushing through people with it. Frankly, I need my backpack. It's full of confetti & drugs & water & snacks & all the other shit I'm not going to waste time going to a locker for.

I'm with you on the merch line, though. Motherfuckers have been in line for 15 minutes and still can't figure out what shirt to get and need to see three or four. Eat.a.dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

I have stuff I need in my backpack. Like suntan lotion and water.

Hate people that keep hitting people's backpacks when there is plenty of room just because they hate backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDITWASSUMMER View Post
    Last year everyone I ran into was like a smiling blow up bobo. You could just touch them and they'd float away and then right themselves. I do not do many drugs but my guess was that every other person was on Molly and that made for a pleasant day for me.
    Just being at a music festival does that to me (makes me a smiling blow up bobo). I was stone cold sober the entire weekend except in the campgrounds thurs + fri nights; but sat people in the crowd for fedde le grand were commenting on how stoned i looked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    This. I was in the worst line at the Merch tent. People couldn't freaking decide even after being in line for 20 minutes. Ugh.