Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So How About that Moby dj set?

Default Re: So How About that Moby dj set?

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post

Pretty sure that people who jizzed all over moby in the sahara havnt seen a proper edm set in their life.
    Son, I've seen shit that would have turned you white, had you been old enough to experience it at the time.
    Moby was great. You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Because if I had seen a "proper edm set" I would know better?

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you again? Oh, just another person that listens to music. Great.

People on this board never cease to amaze me.
    I somewhat wonder what his definition of 'proper edm set' is.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Son, I've seen shit that would have turned you white, had you been old enough to experience it at the time.
    Tahts RACIZT!!1

Quote Originally Posted by |\| | |/| View Post
    ended on maybe the most memorable set closing of Coachella I can think of since My Bloody Valentines 12 minute wall-of-noise. Him standing on the desk like Techno Jesus while the whole Sahara strobed like a near death experience... Awesome!!!
    God... I am so happy I didn't see this set. I liked this the first three times I saw it; if I saw him get up on the decks again... ugh. Obviously he has fun doing it but it gets old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Jesus Chris oh lord. My mind has never been fucked so hard by music. Definitely not what anyone expected I'm sure.

The best DJ set I've seen in my life weekend 2 coulda stayed raving to that forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Moby was great. You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
    Thank you!! Anyone who calls it EDM is too young to really know little punk. Muthafucking house music kid, Moby's been massive since before you were a scratch in your Daddy's pant.

Because he played epic old skool tunes that most of you guys have never heard formt he early 90's and mixed it with perfection with big room house and coz he is a legend in his time.

Kate has spoken. Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    For all of you who loved Moby's DJ set (which I walked by and didn't stay because I had different acts to see), have you ever seen him DJ before? And if you have, was it in the last 5 years (since 2008, let's say)?

I've seen him DJ about 4 or 5 times at various fests/raves around the country...it's always been fun but nothing that unbelievable. The first time I saw the set I'd say it was really mind-blowing, but this was in 2008 when I had mediocre taste in edm; if I saw the same set today I doubt I'd find it special.

Oh and every time I've seen him he's played Thousand and gotten on the table/speakers. Soooooo... good to know he's still doing that. 5 years later... It sounds like he's been doing it since 2000?!

Safe to say, I'm happy with decision in skipping Moby. The Sahara looked cool though.
    God... I am so happy I didn't see this set. I liked this the first three times I saw it; if I saw him get up on the decks again... ugh. Obviously he has fun doing it but it gets old fast.
    Cool Bro. Do you wanna tell us how much you've seen him and how much you hate seeing it over and over. I'd love to here you say it again.

TOP 3 for me.......... bassnectar, social d, than this moby fellar.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz86 View Post
    Cool Bro. Do you wanna tell us how much you've seen him and how much you hate seeing it over and over. I'd love to here you say it again.
    no doubt...... its retards like this that make me not wanna go back. Ummmmm and the hipsters and the line-ups and GV and the snooty fucks and the "COACHELLLLLLAHHHHHH!" I aint going back, unless a few bands sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by theStank View Post
    and the "COACHELLLLLLAHHHHHH!"
    What was wrong with this?

It's cool bros, just get out more. I'm sure you'll see Moby DJ again. No worries

I've always been a rock/guitar kind of guy, but I had some of the most fun ever at Moby's set. I can see why you guys who have been around the house scene for awhile would find it lackluster, but for people like me who find electronic music fascinating while not being too familiar with it, the set was epic. I walked by out of curiosity and ended up dancing my ass off

Grannock has always been too elitist for this forum.

I can't decide which I dislike more: teeny bopper edm cheese heads, or jaded vets who shit on everyone who hasn't seen Moby a million times. Either way the Moby set was excellent.

So yeah, as I said, "Moby might give Prydz a run for his money..." Both were absolutely amazing for their own reasons...hi-five to all those lucky people that thought moby was all "play"ed out :-)
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

Overall Moby Weekend One set was entertaining. Better than I hoped for actually.

I'm going to ask this again with a little modification:

For all of you who loved Moby's DJ set (which I walked by and didn't stay because I had different acts to see), have you ever seen him DJ before? And if you have, was it in the last 5 years (since 2008, let's say)?

I've seen him DJ about 4 or 5 times at various fests/raves around the country...it's always been fun but nothing that unbelievable. The first time I saw the set I'd say it was really mind-blowing, but this was in 2008 when I had mediocre taste in edm; if I saw the same set today I doubt I'd find it special.

Oh and every time I've seen him he's played Thousand and gotten on the table/speakers. Soooooo... good to know he's still doing that. 5 years later... It sounds like he's been doing it since 2000?!

Safe to say, I'm happy with decision in skipping Moby. The Sahara looked cool though.

It's cool bros, just get out more. I'm sure you'll see Moby DJ again. No worries

So what exactly are you trying to say here? That you love Moby within two shows of seeing him but not after three shows? Or you're just hoping that he is going to do something new at his shows so you desperately go to his shows expecting something new and when he doesn't, while still performing an amazing show, you still flame him even though he gave you that amazing performance once again.
    Either way, fuck you.

If you play the same DJ set from 2008 until 2013 at every festival/rave that will book you, you're a stale fucking booking. That's what I'm saying.

FYI: MOBY is DJing on New Years eve in San Francisco!

Quote Originally Posted by natemezmer View Post
    FYI: MOBY is DJing on New Years eve in San Francisco!
    Going to be hype
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Word. Half of yall crazy. His set was absolutely ridiculous!!! Loved that sh from begining to end!!!