Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So How About that Moby dj set?

Default Re: So How About that Moby dj set?

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    ROFL.

Yeah, my path was something like this:

* got up too late to see Robert Johnson, but it's ok, i'll catch him at Governor's Ball.

* went to see Mord Fustang. Was bored.

* went to cloud nothings. had a blast. danced my ass off. got my wristband caught in someone's backpack zipper.

* came out of cloud nothings, all wired and dancey, and ran over to danny avila because at least there i knew i'd be getting something equivalently high energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Does anyone have any footage from the webcast?

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    yeah. Robert DeLong brought out a hologram Robert Johnson, didn't you hear. :P

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Does anyone have any footage from the webcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

We're all entitled to our own opinions so this post isn't trying to prove anyone wrong.

I get what people are saying about it being generic or old, but for those of us who are old (me -- and not that old. I'm 30) this set was a total fucking master piece.

And DJing is not just about song selection. He NEVER stopped. It was relentless. It was thick. It sounded AMAZING. It blew my mother fucking mind.

I have seen a lot of live EDM shows in my day and this one just blew me away.

He brought energy I have rarely seen in a DJ. He was having a great time and you could feel his enthusiasm and love for the tent and the set and interaction we were all having. It was magic.

I guess it should be noted that I go into these shows with a completely open mind and have no expectations. I just let myself take it all in. If it moves me, I move. If doesn't, I move on.

This set was fucking awesome and I hope everyone who is going to weekend 2 goes and has their face fucked out of their skull and walks away dizzy, stammering, and blissed out like I did.

moby's set was amazing!!! (is what i would be saying if benny benassi didn't fuck everyone in the sahara before moby)

i've seen benny a few times now and has NEVER ever disapointed. benny is head and shoulders above any DJ i've seen (and i've seen many)

moby's show was really really good, i had never seen him before so i was excited to see what he would throw down. his music is very pretty, which is nice. and i was getting DOWN and DIRTY to some of his shit. visuals were great and the vibe was awsome. but all i kept thinking is, "i wish benny was still playing"

on a side note: prydz set was cool, but lazers were even better!!!
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    moby's set was amazing!!! (is what i would be saying if benny benassi didn't fuck everyone in the sahara before moby)

i've seen benny a few times now and has NEVER ever disapointed. benny is head and shoulders above any DJ i've seen (and i've seen many)

moby's show was really really good, i had never seen him before so i was excited to see what he would throw down. his music is very pretty, which is nice. and i was getting DOWN and DIRTY to some of his shit. visuals were great and the vibe was awsome. but all i kept thinking is, "i wish benny was still playing"

on a side note: prydz set was cool, but lazers were even better!!!
    lasers + dust storm FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    It was good. I don't get the dropping jaw awe from the lovers. Crimescene is right on with his assessment. It was fun, hardy, old school techno. It's what he's been doing for YEARS. Maybe if you all would get your heads out of SHM and Skillless and the likes asses you wouldn't be so surprised (not that the is anything wrong with a good Coachella surprise). But it's like going to see Dizzy Gillespie and thinking wow he really plays that trumpet well. NO SHIT!
    MOBY + LSD + Awesome visuals = Jaw Dropping awe
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    MOBY + LSD + Awesome visuals = Jaw Dropping awe
    He does know how to appeal to the drug user in all of us.

Sweet!! shout out to the person who uploaded his whole Coachella set on YouTube.

He was rockin the Black Flag shirt last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Last week too
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Moby's set was amazing. Definitely one of my favorites of the weekend.

Does anyone know what song is playing at the 21:00 mark in the video of his set above?

Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    Uhh... Obviously you haven't seen anyone good.

What the fuck is wrong with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Moby was one of the best sets I seen all weekend

One of my favorite sets from weekend 2. Was fortunate enough to get on the sound booth riser w/ Vello Virkhaus for the set:

moby_vello_coachella2013.jpg
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Despite the resolution, that's one of the coolest shots of the Sahara I've seen this year.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Despite the resolution, that's one of the coolest shots of the Sahara I've seen this year.

I agree, the ground on that platform was shaky as hell tho. This one I took of Hardwell at the Sahara was better resolution
    vello_hardwell_2013.jpg
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

The Moby one is better.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Without a doubt, Moby was the best time I had in the Sahara tent (I saw three sets in there over two weekends!) No matter how cheesy it was it was fucking unbelievable and to be there with some good friends was all I needed
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Not what I was expecting at all. But such a fucking good set. I really wish I would have stayed longer, but Saturday night at that time was one of my worst conflicts in ever. Moby vs Franz Ferdinand vs Two Door vs xx suuuuucked
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by JosefBachmeier View Post
    We're all entitled to our own opinions so this post isn't trying to prove anyone wrong.

I get what people are saying about it being generic or old, but for those of us who are old (me -- and not that old. I'm 30) this set was a total fucking master piece.

And DJing is not just about song selection. He NEVER stopped. It was relentless. It was thick. It sounded AMAZING. It blew my mother fucking mind.

I have seen a lot of live EDM shows in my day and this one just blew me away.

He brought energy I have rarely seen in a DJ. He was having a great time and you could feel his enthusiasm and love for the tent and the set and interaction we were all having. It was magic.

I guess it should be noted that I go into these shows with a completely open mind and have no expectations. I just let myself take it all in. If it moves me, I move. If doesn't, I move on.

This set was fucking awesome and I hope everyone who is going to weekend 2 goes and has their face fucked out of their skull and walks away dizzy, stammering, and blissed out like I did.
    Please list the last 5 dj acts you have seen that you are comparing to moby.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Uhh... Obviously you haven't seen anyone good.

What the fuck is wrong with you.
    since you are such an EDM guru....name a few "good" DJ's.
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Yes, everyone list their EDM resumes now.
    Jesus christ. Some of you twats just can't let other people enjoy things.

People can enjoy whatever they want. They arent saying "i enjoyed moby". They are saying "moby is amazing".

Pretty sure that people who jizzed all over moby in the sahara havnt seen a proper edm set in their life, and the only reason they walked into moby was because they were familiar with his name from 10 years ago. They were then blown away by dance music in a tent or possibly drugs. I want to know what other edm these reviewers go see to test my theory.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    People can enjoy whatever they want. They arent saying "i enjoyed moby". They are saying "moby is amazing".

Pretty sure that people who jizzed all over moby in the sahara havnt seen a proper edm set in their life, and the only reason they walked into moby was because they were familiar with his name from 10 years ago. They were then blown away by dance music in a tent or possibly drugs. I want to know what other edm these reviewers go see to test my theory.

Your assumptions really do miss the mark quite a bit. God damn you sound like such a fucking snob.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

I thought Moby was great, and obviously not what I was expecting. I thought the first half was ridiculously strong, lagged a lil in the middle, and ended on maybe the most memorable set closing of Coachella I can think of since My Bloody Valentines 12 minute wall-of-noise. Him standing on the desk like Techno Jesus while the whole Sahara strobed like a near death experience... Awesome!!!

I also understand that some people could have been turned off by "the old guy trying too hard to stay young", but it didn't really bother me. The dude put on a show!

Moby is amazing and I always enjoy him, but I understand your need to question those who were so AMAZED by that set. It was enjoyable and fun. I've been a Moby supporter since 1991 and have had the privilege to see him at his best. That was not his best.

Because if I had seen a "proper edm set" I would know better?

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you again? Oh, just another person that listens to music. Great.

People on this board never cease to amaze me.