Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So How About that Moby dj set?

Default Re: So How About that Moby dj set?

It was better than what I expected

Quote Originally Posted by chipzdelux View Post
    he definitely did throw down. although i left early to wait for richie hawtin's no show. though from what i did see, he played a lot of stuff that was familiar. still rocked for my first moby experience.
    I too left early to see the no show Hawtin, but Cassy threw down regardless. Kind of upset I missed the rest of Moby, it wasn't that different than other Sahara artists in "style", but song choice was better than the norm.

He didn't play anything remarkable, but for whatever reason it was the best time I had at the whole festival. The vibes in the tent were huge, everyone just getting down the whole time. Something about the selection, his antics, and the visuals just clicked with the crowd and it was super fun.

Meh
    anything could happen

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    It was funky, the visuals were outstanding, Moby did stupid grandstanding that somehow felt appropriate, and he ended his set with "Thousand".

Fine if that doesn't appeal for you, but don't shit on those of us who loved it.
    You sound like somone who walked into the sahara tent once in his life, and then claimed it was the best set ever. 100% of the sahara lineup sucked ass. Smd, disclosure, james blake all were put in smaller tents and every other solid edm act was in the yuma. If you wanted to hear good funky dance music i suggest you look outside of 1998.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    You sound like somone who walked into the sahara tent once in his life, and then claimed it was the best set ever. 100% of the sahara lineup sucked ass. Smd, disclosure, james blake all were put in smaller tents and every other solid edm act was in the yuma. If you wanted to hear good funky dance music i suggest you look outside of 1998.
    (a) Moby's set really sounded nothing at all like the other acts I saw in the Sahara (Prydz, Nicky Romero, Fedde Le Grand, Mord Fustang, Danny Avila).

(b) I don't think you can reasonably say that Prydz's set sucked. It was fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    I'm going to ask this again with a little modification:

For all of you who loved Moby's DJ set (which I walked by and didn't stay because I had different acts to see), have you ever seen him DJ before? And if you have, was it in the last 5 years (since 2008, let's say)?

I've seen him DJ about 4 or 5 times at various fests/raves around the country...it's always been fun but nothing that unbelievable. The first time I saw the set I'd say it was really mind-blowing, but this was in 2008 when I had mediocre taste in edm; if I saw the same set today I doubt I'd find it special.

Oh and every time I've seen him he's played Thousand and gotten on the table/speakers. Soooooo... good to know he's still doing that. 5 years later... It sounds like he's been doing it since 2000?!

Safe to say, I'm happy with decision in skipping Moby. The Sahara looked cool though.
    Fair, I'd never seen Moby before. That was part of the reasoning behind going to see him at all.

And to be honest, a part of what I liked about it was its throwback quality. I've come to enjoy modern electro- and dubstep- influenced stuff, but it was really nice to hear something that sounded like what I would have heard a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    (a) Moby's set really sounded nothing at all like the other acts I saw in the Sahara (Prydz, Nicky Romero, Fedde Le Grand, Mord Fustang, Danny Avila).

(b) I don't think you can reasonably say that Prydz's set sucked. It was fucking incredible.
    Prydz and Moby were the best sets I've seen in the Sahara for a few years at least.

You sound like a snobbish asshole. I was dancing my ass off at underground parties when you were still sucking your mothers dick.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA...hold on just one fucking minute...

You actually watched Danny Avila?

@ Zero23 I noticed that too. I just didn't want to be a dick.

But wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA...hold on just one fucking minute...

You actually watched Danny Avila?
    ROFL.

Yeah, my path was something like this:

* got up too late to see Robert Johnson, but it's ok, i'll catch him at Governor's Ball.

* went to see Mord Fustang. Was bored.

* went to cloud nothings. had a blast. danced my ass off. got my wristband caught in someone's backpack zipper.

* came out of cloud nothings, all wired and dancey, and ran over to danny avila because at least there i knew i'd be getting something equivalently high energy.

stcee: Loves Moby, and paying women for sex.

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Seeing all that unfold just made me laugh harder than I ever have while reading these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Larry Farnsworth: dipshit coattail rider trying hard to get in with The Champions of The Coachella Message Board

Sensuality: LOL, wasn't that shit funny? I got people riled up so badly they decided to get in my personal life.

Again though: any time any of you want to ask me about hookers or the times I slept with each of your mothers, come say hi! Don't be a pussy who only talks shit on the internet and won't speak face to face.

Now that guy is staying hydrated and rocking the fuck on. Two bottles of water in the pic and he's cheesin in them shorts!

Moby's set was excellent. Most of you are fucking retards. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

It was good, but was it AMAZING? If you say yes, then you're an idiot.

You sound like a snobbish asshole. I was dancing my ass off at underground parties when you were still sucking your mothers dick.
    He thinks he's some electronic music guru because he only likes techno lol claims everything else is beneath him really

First time I had ever seen Moby, and I had a great time. Really fun set.

UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

OK, I saw maybe 20 minutes of this set, but I'm listening to the full download. I don't understand the negative reactions at all. Nothing about this was mainstream or hits, and there isn't a single moment of dub or dubstep as someone else suggested. This set was gobs and gobs of delicious old school techno, which was a ballsy move for the Sahara.
    It's sad when people consider the old school flavor to be bland, because if it weren't for these sounds, EDM would be nothing today.

As far as someone saying he was jumping around too much like Steve Aoki, that is a ridiculous thing to say. Moby has been doing that better since the late 80s and Aoki practically owes his entire shtick to him.

LONG LIVE THE OLD SCHOOL!

If only you children had the chance to see him when he wasn't spending too much time with his Grandma.

You are admiting to seeing nicky romero. That invalidates all of your other musical opinion. You spend a lot of time at pacha dont you? There are fantastic djs destroying brooklyn every weekend and you went all the way to coachella to see nicky romero and fedde le grand?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

I like the cut of your jib.

Look, not all of us can be so fucking hep to know that he played nothing but {genre} {subgenre} {subsubgenre} throughout his set. All I know is that I got down with my old ass, loved the fucking visuals, and was enthralled to hear "Thousand" on such a huge soundsystem.

you said jib and hep; well done.

You are admiting to seeing nicky romero. That invalidates all of your other musical opinion. You spend a lot of time at pacha dont you? There are fantastic djs destroying brooklyn every weekend and you went all the way to coachella to see nicky romero and fedde le grand?
    My, you're an arrogant asshole.

No, i've never set foot in Pacha.

I went all the way to Coachella because I started going to Coachella when I lived in California, and because I've had a blast each of the seven times I've gone; I bought tickets in the presale, and IIRC I bought my plane tickets before the lineup was announced.

Moby's set was extremely refreshing and fun.

I had a blast. #2 set of the weekend behind the god eric prydz
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    OK, I saw maybe 20 minutes of this set, but I'm listening to the full download. I don't understand the negative reactions at all. Nothing about this was mainstream or hits, and there isn't a single moment of dub or dubstep as someone else suggested. This set was gobs and gobs of delicious old school techno, which was a ballsy move for the Sahara.
    It's sad when people consider the old school flavor to be bland, because if it weren't for these sounds, EDM would be nothing today.

As far as someone saying he was jumping around too much like Steve Aoki, that is a ridiculous thing to say. Moby has been doing that better since the late 80s and Aoki practically owes his entire shtick to him.

LONG LIVE THE OLD SCHOOL!
    Yeah pretty much everything this fucker said. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

It was good. I don't get the dropping jaw awe from the lovers. Crimescene is right on with his assessment. It was fun, hardy, old school techno. It's what he's been doing for YEARS. Maybe if you all would get your heads out of SHM and Skillless and the likes asses you wouldn't be so surprised (not that the is anything wrong with a good Coachella surprise). But it's like going to see Dizzy Gillespie and thinking wow he really plays that trumpet well. NO SHIT!