Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something has to change with the cigarette smokers

Default Something has to change with the cigarette smokers

Really sick of standing in a security line with no place to escape and having to breathe a cloud of fucking nasty ass cigarette smoke. Or chilling in a great spot on the lawn when some dickwad smoker lights up and the breeze blows that nasty shit at me and I have to fucking move. Or hanging out in a tent and five idiots right around me are having a fucking smokathon and I fucking can't take a breath.

All you ciggy smokers can suck my cock. I hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: This does not apply to pot smokers -- please continue to blow that stuf my way.

Default Re: Something has to change with the cigarette smokers

Yeah, I sympathize with you. Cigarettes are nasty. People really shouldn't smoke cigarettes in the tents.

I guess that's the risk you take going to an open festival like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

I saw a lot of electronic cigs this year. I used mine all weekend and didn't smoke a single cigarette.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

i dont care for pot nor cigs but if i had to breath one in over the other I'd choose weed cause it's literally easier for me to breath in and doesnt smell as bad in my opinion either.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Tork View Post
    Really sick of standing in a security line with no place to escape and having to breathe a cloud of fucking nasty ass cigarette smoke. Or chilling in a great spot on the lawn when some dickwad smoker lights up and the breeze blows that nasty shit at me and I have to fucking move. Or hanging out in a tent and five idiots right around me are having a fucking smokathon and I fucking can't take a breath.

NOTE: This does not apply to pot smokers -- please continue to blow that stuf my way.
    I politely request that you stop attending the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. That or learn to think and behave like an adult.

Sincerely,
    A non-smoker who thinks your opinion fucking sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

We have a beer garden. How about a Smoking Garden? Policy should be Smoking is tolerated only allowed within the smoking gardens and at the purpose-built EDM stages like Sahara and Do-Lab
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Or how about you realize you're outside and you can deal with it?

People smoke on drugs at music fests. It will never change.

They told me not to smoke drugs but I couldn't listen, didn't think I'd get caught and wind up in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Shut up. I don't smoke weed (actually hate it) yet I will never complain about it. Stay home

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Tork View Post

As an ex smoker, you might want to try something like this.
    Grow some balls, get up off of your ass and ask the smokers to either move or to please put it out.
    The way you handle this as shows and your post clearly proves that you are spineless and lack the testicular fortitude to ask for even the simplest things in life. If it was between any smoker and me taking a breath, I garranfuckingtee you that I would not have to hold my breath.
    Please.....man up dude....you are an embarrassment.

There are bigger fish to fry.

I'd rather see efforts to implement some type of code of conduct.

There also should be some type of change in the trash policy. It's great that there are trash cans for specific types of waste but they are not big enough, people are not replacing the bags fast enough, and there are people that don't give a shit and drop stuff while walking.

This new trend of entertaining walking sticks are eventually going to become a problem as well. You just can't verbally communicate with one another like I've witness people do over the past 10 years?

Why are people having me empty my pockets and taking my glasses off at the main entrance while people in camping are bringing out blankets, stepping stools, and hula hoops?

How about a shush barometer on the sides of the stage? I'm tired of listening of who hooked with who and now so and so is pissed off while trying to listen to an artist's set.

The beer garden next to the Sahara is too small. It's full in between sets, but it turns into kaos after an artist completes their set.

There should be a night crew who's specific job it is to work with local police (if not hiring them outright) in coordinating exiting of the parking area. The guys waiving us in during the afternoon have no credibility at night.

As Pete said, a courteous request goes a long way. I watched this girl next to me tap a guy on the shoulder and asked him to take his hat off. Your not going to believe what he did. He took it off. You come at people with your 99% I hate America wearing beard and holding your gluten free burrito with an attitude of entitlement, then you might not get what you want. I'd try communicating before asking for more rules.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

As someone who has never smoked a single cigarette in his entire life:

Get over it, stop being a pussy.

It's about etiquette. Some people don't want to breathe that shit in. Just ask em if they can blow their smoke upwards. Some folks can tolerate that shit health wise or some people get drug tested at work. Just have some fckin etiquette you junkies and blow that smoke up over the crowd. Most junkies are cool if you remind them politely. If that doesn't work that apply violence if you're man enough or move away if you're the better person. Whatever is appropriate.

Solution: Stop being a whiny bitch.

Nothing has to change except to you to maybe stop going to outdoor concerts. My gf doesn't like cig smoke either but she puts up with me smoking all weekend (one of the few days of the year where I am a smoker) and my friends smoking and every other attendee who decides to light up. She understands she is at an outdoor festival and complaining about it would just make her seem like a twat. Much like yourself

Why do people light a cig take one drag off it and then let it slow burn to the filter while holding it right next to someone face? I hope they all get throat holes that constantly leaks puss in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Counter-solution: Start Smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post

How about a shush barometer on the sides of the stage? I'm tired of listening of who hooked with who and now so and so is pissed off while trying to listen to an artist's set.

There should be a night crew who's specific job it is to work with local police (if not hiring them outright) in coordinating exiting of the parking area. The guys waiving us in during the afternoon have no credibility at night.
    Yes and yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesg View Post
    Can you please stop talking about monklish?
    You've been a member since 2007 and have almost 18,000 posts, you should know better.

take a shower
    Everyones a Photographer.

yeah people smoking outside is just awful! my goodness.

I noticed there was barely anyone smoking anyways. When I needed a lighter I only ask people who were smoking and the few times I had to find someone it took forever.

I normally try to be super respectful with my cigs. I try to smoke at the back of tents if they aren't crowded, I hold it above everyone in crowds so that I don't burn anyone and I always blow my smoke upwards. I even put all of my butts in my back pocket. This year I brought my girlfriend for her first time and we shared cigs when possible to cut down on any of our neighbors discomfort.

But if any of you dickheads come up to me and ask me to put out my cigarette, be prepared to get an enormous cloud of smoke blown into your face!

It seemed to me that I saw much less cig smoking than in previous years.

Cigarette smoke makes my nose itch, my eyes water, I start coughing and eventually get nauseous. WIsh I didn't have such a strong reaction, but I can't really control it.

I don't mind moving to a new spot when sitting and listening to bands, but in a super crowded tent, it just seems rude when people light up - there's no where to go unless you push to a new location, which is also rude.

One awesome dude who noticed that I started coughing and put a hankerchief over my mouth, actually put out his cigarette.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fetuspiniata View Post
    I normally try to be super respectful with my cigs. I try to smoke at the back of tents if they aren't crowded, I hold it above everyone in crowds so that I don't burn anyone and I always blow my smoke upwards. I even put all of my butts in my back pocket. This year I brought my girlfriend for her first time and we shared cigs when possible to cut down on any of our neighbors discomfort.

But if any of you dickheads come up to me and ask me to put out my cigarette, be prepared to get an enormous cloud of smoke blown into your face!
    fetuspinata sounds like a very reasonable person.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm gonna bring a big bag of asbestos to Coachella next year. If you blow smoke in my face prepare for mesothelioma.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I like how everyone labors under the fiction that weed smoke is magical and non-carcinogenic, but fuck cigarettes.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I have asked people to blow their smoke upwards, instead of into my face. What's wrong with that? Fuck you, want to fight about it?!
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

They started giving out free e cigarettes this year which was AWESOME.I suggest you post a photo of yourself so all of us smokers will know who to stand away from.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

really? was there a specific booth or tent? i think that is a great idea and promotion. definitely been thinking about getting a e-cigg. not for coachella (exception Yuma) but for clubs and indoor venues etc.