Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Default Re: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    Nicely said...If I really felt like it I would have spent (wasted) 5 min writing on how this guy is a fuckin dumbass, but I won't.
    Oh, no. Please do go on.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Things are bound to go wrong when you can sellout a festival without even knowing who's playing, I believe this is when shit started going downhill.
    My opinion is that it started going downhill when GV stopped offering single day passes. I went in 2006 and 2008 when single day passes were still available, and the crowds were much different then than they were in 2010 and 2012 (the other two years I went). I think that when GV no longer let people buy passes for the day they wanted to go, and instead only offered the 3 day passes so that people could get the entire experience, casual fans figured that if they were forced to buy passes for all three days, they might as well show up all three days, even if they only really had interest in one days worth of bands. I think that this has helped to cause the extreme increase in people talking during sets, crowding tents, etc. They don't really care about most of the acts that are going on, but if they paid for a three day event, they're going to show up all three days and hang out in the tents to stay cool and talk to their friends while bands they have no interest in are on stage.

Maybe the first step in easing out of the festival is to start skipping Saturdays while you go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

^ LOL. I can just see him, wrinkly, more crotchedy than he is now, rocking in a squeaky ass chair bemoaning how life passed him by. In a gravelly, old fart's sour-milk-smelling voice: "Back in my day, music was so much better. It had heart. It had soul. Kids these days have no idea what good music really is. Youth today really frightens me."
    Last edited by kvnty; 01-10-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

You sound like Brokendoll.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

A dephibrilator filled with Carbon Airways to revive him
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You sound like Brokendoll.
    I take that as the highest form of compliment you could ever bestow me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    A dephibrilator filled with Carbon Airways to revive him
    LOL. As long as I can administer it. And maybe a long needle of adrenalin right into his mother-fucking black heart.
    Last edited by kvnty; 01-10-2014 at 09:44 AM.

You and I have never met in person, I don't believe. And yet you are fantasizing about what my breath smells like. Think this through.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You and I have never met in person, I don't believe. And yet you are fantasizing about what my breath smells like. Think this through.
    oh, baby, you bet your sweet ass you'd remember me if we met in person.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Cute. Make fun of a lady dying of brain cancer. Real cute, you hooker-loving creep.
    the insanity of this post in the context with which it was posted is some of the saddest shit i've ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You are a caricature, hardly even a novelty. You are as forgettable as the rehashed schlock you abysmally try to pass off as comedy.

HCB, why do people like you here? I always thought you sucked, but just kinda let it go since other people seem to like you and you were never downright horrible. You were always just Icey level annoying, but ever since the lineup dropped you have been reaching Vigo levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Thread bump was worth it for "sense of aww."
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    You are a caricature, hardly even a novelty. You are as forgettable as the rehashed schlock you abysmally try to pass off as comedy.

HCB, why do people like you here? I always thought you sucked, but just kinda let it go since other people seem to like you and you were never downright horrible. You were always just Icey level annoying, but ever since the lineup dropped you have been reaching Vigo levels.
    You aborted fetus.

You are so hideously deformed your own grandmother wanted to smother you in your crib. Any lame ass criticisms by someone as vile and grotesque as you is laughable. Knee-slapping comedy at its finest, really.

Were you really born with XXY chromosomes? A hermaphrodite babe with both clit and penis? Did your unfortunate parents have to choose your gender path? Well, they fucked that up, too. Male? Really? Again, they were off by a full chromosome.

You look like a sick, disgusting, chubby woman who tried to become a man but gave up halfway through hormone replacement therapy. Imagine that, you failed at your gender reassignment attempt, too. (Yet still kept those man titties … huh.) I almost feel sorry for your sorry ass. What a god-damned pathetic waste of life you are.
    Last edited by kvnty; 01-12-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Your insults remind me of this kid I knew back when I was 17. He dropped out, got his GED, so that he could go work at the Renaissance Festival. He was somewhat entertaining when I was that age. I don't remember his name or much else about him.

You are how old though? In your 30s, and still view this as a pinnacle of comedy? I can't wait to see your ugly mug come to the photo meet up this year, and desperately seek any sort of attention you can get. I can't wait to see that face that most certainly looks like a cross between Bruce Vilanch and Rocky Dennis, so that we can all joke about it the rest of the year. It will bring a whole new level of insult to the term cuntface.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Your insults remind me of this kid I knew back when I was 17. He dropped out, got his GED, so that he could go work at the Renaissance Festival. He was somewhat entertaining when I was that age. I don't remember his name or much else about him.

You are how old though? In your 30s, and still view this as a pinnacle of comedy? I can't wait to see your ugly mug come to the photo meet up this year, and desperately seek any sort of attention you can get. I can't wait to see that face that most certainly looks like a cross between Bruce Vilanch and Rocky Dennis, so that we can all joke about it the rest of the year. It will bring a whole new level of insult to the term cuntface.
    little pussy gonna go cry now?

It's as if I am conversing with a chair.

I'm teaching at an elementary school and this is how the kids taunt each other.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Those poor kids. Do they run away in horror when they see your big bug eyes behind those coke-bottle glasses?

This is the most pathetic thing to see someone say to someone else they've never met.

Quote Originally Posted by missedout View Post
    This is the most pathetic thing to see someone say to someone else they've never met.
    go shove your fist up your ass and see if it fits. bet it does.

Those poor kids. Do they run away in horror when they see your big bug eyes behind those coke-bottle glasses?
    There are lots of things you could legitimately say about me physically, and you went for two things I don't have. Are you this relentlessly boring in real life?
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Seems like you're interested. But, sorry, buddy, I'd have to raise my rates for you, since I don't do charity work. This ain't no soup kitchen.
    Last edited by kvnty; 01-12-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Saturday had some really good music and other cool shit but may be my deciding factor as to whether I attend Coachella in the future. Too many people is one thing; too many fucking douchebags makes it a whole lot worse.

Anyway-- first, the music -- it was a very good day, music-wise.

got in early to see Reignwolf and he did not disappoint. Cool distorted bluesy rough guitar and vocals while he stomps on a foot pedal for a bass drum. he can play and he can sing. Loved the Fleetwood Mac cover.

then Guards who were pretty good but I am having a hard time remembering why.

Shovels & Rope were disappointing, or I just wasn't feeling it.

Board member group photo meetup which was fun, always good to see people.

The Evens were pretty dull too, but I got a nice relaxing nap in the Gobi shade.

But then it got real. Dropkick Murphys surprised me, their set was really great. Not a huge fan of theirs but the set made me think I should give them a second chance. and then HOLY FUCKING SHIT they brought out James Fearnly from the Pogues (THE FUCKING POGUES MOTHER FUCKERS) for a couple songs and that was really very awesome really.

The Selecter were really fun.. I had actually forgotten how many good songs they have! Pauline looked and sounded amazing. So glad they were here.

One of the highlights of the day was Violent Femmes. They played the entire first album, in order, front to back, then added "I Held Her In My Arms" and "American Music" and were done. The roar that went up with "Blister In the Sun" was really energizing. Also Gordon was wearing my hat, which just shows how cool he is. The crowd (bigger than I thought it would be) was loving it and singing along and shit. So great. Except the part where jen captncrazy punched me in the arm.

I was gonna go see the Make-Up but I had dinner instead. Fortunately it went down better than Friday's.

Went to Grizzly Bear in the Mojave, which was packed but not quite as bad as 2010.. they had these cool floating lights that sort of looked like glowing jellyfish. that may sound stupid but it really looked fucking cool. They (GB, not the jellyfish lights) sounded really good.

I left to check out Yeasayer but I dunno they seem to be turning into a different band than the one I knew.

Spiritualized were really really really great. god damn that was a fucking great set. I don't know how else to explain it. sorry. Soundbleed really sucked during the quiet parts though.. soundbleed from the god damned do lab as far as i can tell. that's just wrong.

Went to the beer garden and listened to Decendents who were in good form. But more soundbleed issues.. a punk band too quiet while the fucking Postal Service is 'blasting' (if that's what you can call tepid wimpy pop tunes played loud)? no. not right.

I had in a hole in my schedule after that, was gonna wait 2 hours for Sigur Ros, got worried about all this work I had to do this morning (spent 3 hours Sunday morning reviewing client deadline shit, ugh) so I left about 10:30. Sorry to miss Sigur Ros but ..

.. the atmosphere Saturday night was not good. Not at all. Here comes the GET OFF MY LAWN part of my post:

Damn there are a lot of fucking douchebag motherfuckers at Coachella this year. Do you think the concept of "waiting in line" doesn't apply to you? Do you think it's ok for your crew to go barelling through people, pushing people aside, shoving your way into the beer garden through the exit? I swear I must have told 3 or 4 people to go fuck themselves last night, and not in a funny ha ha board posting way either. One guy starts pushing past me in line to get into a beer garden and i moved over so he couldn't get past me and he's like "hey cool it mister" and started swearing at me. Because I wouldn't let him cut in front of me. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Is Coachella at the point where it is attracting crowds of young people (and it was all young people who were being assholes) who do not understand civilized behavior? Who do not understand that everything will work out fine if you just wait your fucking turn?

If I get arrested tonight, it's not my fault.

I was gonna meet Mr and Mrs Algunz in the beer garden for Descendents -- she texted me that they blew it off because "it was too hard to get in". Remember when Coachella wasn't like that?
    I honestly had a great time Saturday. I was tempted to see Reignwolf, but ended up seeing The Colourist instead. They were pretty chill and I agree with you Guards were great. They were throwing all this random stuff in the audience and the lead singer was kind of quirky but in a cool entertaining way. Violent Femmes were also amazing, but I bounced midway to catch Bat for Lashes who I also thought was terrific even though I was really far back.

I think your review is pretty generous of Yeasayer though. I was incredibly disappointed and bored out of my mind. I enjoyed their song "ONE", but would it kill them to have a little bit more personality on stage? I didn't catch the other acts you saw so I can't say.

Anyway, I'm sorry you were offended by how rude some people were. I personally didn't think Saturday was better or worse than any other day or any other contemporary concert, but I obviously didn't see the exact same people. I'm not sure there is very much Coachella can do about it though.

uh, Yeasayer was great. I was right behind the rail and everyone was completely entranced. Maybe you weren't close enough?

7/30 Tori Amos, 8/1 Ray LaMontagne, 8/5 Justin Timberlake, 8/14 Nine Inch Nails + Soundgarden, 8/22 Aerosmith + Slash, 8/24 Nickel Creek, 8/28 Bear in Heaven, 8/31 Little Dragon, 9/11 Delta Spirit, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/26 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Yeasayer played a great set. One of the highlights of the weekend. Different strokes...

Neither of those statements is germane to my original comment: "left to check out Yeasayer but I dunno they seem to be turning into a different band than the one I knew."

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    There are lots of things you could legitimately say about me physically
    Including, but not limited to: "Ugh," and "Yuck", and "Aiyeeeee!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

and lest we forget, "Sorry, I only date within my own species (i.e., the human race)."

Jesus fucking christ your whiney bullshit never stops does it.