Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    Hate? You mean like people going through a persons' photobucket because they got their feelings hurt on a fucking message board?
    My image has circulated as well. Do you have a problem with that? If so: KEEP YOUR IMAGES OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET, SNOBBISH NOOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    My image has circulated as well. Do you have a problem with that? If so: KEEP YOUR IMAGES OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET, SNOBBISH NOOB.

Lesson learned, compadre. It's not so much I care about my image (I'm a handsome devil), it's the fact that I pissed people off so much just by giving them their shit right back that they felt the need to go after me personally.

So please excuse me if the attitudes of certain people here tend to wet my powder. As B-Real once said, "I'm not a bad guy, but I'm the phunky feel"

Zafocaine, stop talking to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    IceyHotshot= What years of a big brother playing the "stop hitting yourself" game will do to a person.

I didn't experience too much of that, definitely not enough to ruin my Saturday. Though it is annoying how the bros will just rush the front despite having absolutely no available room.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

I have to say it was a douche-lite experience for me too. In fact I was saying to a friend how especially cool people are in general this year. I encountered more "douche-ettes' than bags. Huge bitches that wouldn't let me out of Grimes. That's more room for them if I leave, am-I-rite? Again at the xx,but not toward me. A fairly tall guy was just , politely trying to find a spot so he wouldn't block anyone. He was courteous about it. Then these short, huge douche-ettes started giving him the business. I felt sorry for him. He was kinda hot too:-) Hope he found some space to watch.

I was everywhere too, not just the 'important bands', the Do-lab, Yuma (for about 5 seconds), Sahara, near a couple of mosh pits: people were just cool.

Oh and to the person bitching about Tom AZ. I've met him twice. He is cool. Maybe he was just having a bad Saturday.
    Always wear a helmut

You forgot to tell them how handsome I am.

Classic broment Of 2013: everyone cheering when Rodriguez came out and then turning around to chat and take gang sign photos 15 seconds into the first song.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

kids these days are completely dumb jackasses that deserved to be punched in the face. enough said.

Plenty of jerks at the festival. More than the past years I thought. Lots of pushing and a lack of courtesy on many fronts. Luckily I am with 20 or so of my friends and family, who are all cool and thoughtful people. It is easier for me to ignore everybody with this kind of group.

Having said that, I did meet a few very nice people on the field. My girlfriend was accidentally kneed in the face and was bleeding pretty bad during New Order. A bunch of people around us were very concerned and offered assistance. We were very appreciative.

I even met TomAZ on Saturday just outside of the Gobi tent. I don't post very much so I don't think he recognized my name, but we shook hands and he seemed like a cool fellow.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Seriously though Tom, if you are letting the negativity overcome the enjoyment you get out of the sets, then you are probably right; you and Coachella have diverged. And you know that trend is not reversing. I don't understand the mind- set of seeing the most incredible set of acts over a few days, but instead focussing on people you could easily choose to ignore. There are people here having fun, having the best days of their year. We see idiots, we see rudeness, we see unfortunate situations, but it is what it is. If you choose to let it get to you, that's your problem.
    BOOM

Wow. Couldn't have said it better myself. My brother and I were having this exact same conversation an hour ago. If you can't learn to enjoy Coachella despite all the fucking douchebags (and trust me, I hate them too and there were many points this weekend where I wanted to punch someone in the face) then I don't know what else to say. I saw some of the most amazing sets I've ever seen on the fields with my best friends on the planet and there's nothing else I can say. Does Goldenvoice have some work to do to make Coachella the "perfect" festival? Sure. But you have to hope that the trend in this year's lineup, which is easily the most stacked it's ever been, will continue and bookings will continue to impress and occasionally surprise.

Just fix the dust.

And Tom, I don't mean to attack or hijack your thread. I understand your qualms. Buttttt this is why I never go into beer gardens. That's where the douchebags live, Tom. That's where they live and breed.
    Last edited by ods..; 04-15-2013 at 06:36 PM.

tom is pissed at douche bags...
    stcee is trying to become the NEW dickhead message board guard...
    everyone else is spouting obscenities...

what a bore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    tom is pissed at douche bags...
    stcee is trying to become the NEW dickhead message board guard...
    everyone else is spouting obscenities...

what a bore.

i actually would like to spread love and positivity throughout these message boards, but thanks for typing my name out

And probably some form of sexually transmitted disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Do you think the concept of "waiting in line" doesn't apply to you? Do you think it's ok for your crew to go barelling through people, pushing people aside, shoving your way into the beer garden through the exit? I swear I must have told 3 or 4 people to go fuck themselves last night, and not in a funny ha ha board posting way either. One guy starts pushing past me in line to get into a beer garden and i moved over so he couldn't get past me and he's like "hey cool it mister" and started swearing at me. Because I wouldn't let him cut in front of me. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Is Coachella at the point where it is attracting crowds of young people (and it was all young people who were being assholes) who do not understand civilized behavior? Who do not understand that everything will work out fine if you just wait your fucking turn?
    It sure has fuck did not apply to me. Whether it was the heinkinken dome, Yuma tent, or the campground dome. Always cut to the front of the line. And I had a great weekend because of it.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    It sure has fuck did not apply to me. Whether it was the heinkinken dome, Yuma tent, or the campground dome. Always cut to the front of the line. And I had a great weekend because of it.
    Way to prove all the naysayers right.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    It sure has fuck, indeed.

Only bro moments I had were douchey little kids crowding in early for Pusha T during Spiritualized. Also, a guy on the shuttle bus Sunday night was freaking out and asked me to ask my friend to stop touching his head so much. I don't know what the fuck his problem was, perhaps a bad shroom trip. "How do you think that makes me feel?" he said. Told him to chill out and he left us alone.

None of it ruined my weekend and overall I thought it was an above average Coachella. You can't let shit like that get to you on the best weekend of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Way to prove all the naysayers right.
    Hm, wait an hour to see dj sneak, or less than 5 minutes?

Wait an hour to see Pete tong and probably miss his whole set, or cut and get in within a few minutes. Uhhhh. Yeah

Plus, my hat was so cool no one gave a fuck that I cut. They just said "nice hat" so who cares
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Maybe he thought he was tapping the back of his head so that he'd turn around, and then people would take his photo. What do you call that....

I didn't notice too many douchebags but things like that don't bother me much these days with the drugs i am on. Security hassled me a bit at Franz because my kids were hunched over resting against the sound board rail. Apparently someone complained to security that my kids were crying or something. it made me feel bad but i checked with my kids and they were fine, just tired, so i took them back to camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Maybe he thought he was tapping the back of his head so that he'd turn around, and then people would take his photo. What do you call that....
    Heh, my friend was actually rubbing his own head as he was a bit high, I should have made that clear. Don't know why that would bother someone else so much. I think he thought gay stuff was going on and he didn't approve.

I ate chicken fingers. Those were delicious.

Birdy Nam Nam
    Biffy Cliro
    Dropkick Murphys
    The 2 Bears
    The Selecter
    Violent Femmes
    Hot Chip
    Yeasayer
    Descendents
    Moby
    Franz Ferdinand
    Janelle Monae
    New Order
    Last edited by algunz; 04-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And probably some form of sexually transmitted disease.
    You've mistaken me for someone who's had lie down kisses with your mother. I assure you, I haven't.

Cute. Make fun of a lady dying of brain cancer. Real cute, you hooker-loving creep.

Me? A hooker loving creep? Prove it, shitbird.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Too bad she gave birth to such a piece of shit internet tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Damn there are a lot of fucking douchebag motherfuckers at Coachella this year. Do you think the concept of "waiting in line" doesn't apply to you? Do you think it's ok for your crew to go barelling through people, pushing people aside, shoving your way into the beer garden through the exit? I swear I must have told 3 or 4 people to go fuck themselves last night, and not in a funny ha ha board posting way either. One guy starts pushing past me in line to get into a beer garden and i moved over so he couldn't get past me and he's like "hey cool it mister" and started swearing at me. Because I wouldn't let him cut in front of me. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Is Coachella at the point where it is attracting crowds of young people (and it was all young people who were being assholes) who do not understand civilized behavior? Who do not understand that everything will work out fine if you just wait your fucking turn?
    the "i'm entitled to cut in line" thing happens to me every year and makes me rage more than just about anything. i dont understand the logic. i can only assume that somewhere in their un-evolved lizard brain they think it's ok because they'll never see you again so fuck you or...? when they get mad for you calling them out though, that shit is always funny

at the same time i think last year was far more douchey. i did have a few run ins with guys who think they are the epitome of alpha male which is to be expected i suppose. funny thing was most of them were very passive aggressive != not alpha at all
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by thom cobain View Post
    I even met TomAZ on Saturday just outside of the Gobi tent. I don't post very much so I don't think he recognized my name, but we shook hands and he seemed like a cool fellow.
    It took me a minute. Actually it took me more than a minute. I registered the name, we walked on, and about 50 yards after having met you I was like oh, I know who that is. Sorry I wasn't more lucent when we chatted. Anyway thank you for introducing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    at the same time i think last year was far more douchey.
    See this sort of comment is making me think I just had a run of bad luck Saturday night.