Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Default Re: My Saturday Writeup: What the fuck is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Selecter were really fun.. I had actually forgotten how many good songs they have! Pauline looked and sounded amazing. So glad they were here.

One of the highlights of the day was Violent Femmes. They played the entire first album, in order, front to back, then added "I Held Her In My Arms" and "American Music" and were done. The roar that went up with "Blister In the Sun" was really energizing. Also Gordon was wearing my hat, which just shows how cool he is. The crowd (bigger than I thought it would be) was loving it and singing along and shit. So great. Except the part where jen captncrazy punched me in the arm.

I was gonna go see the Make-Up but I had dinner instead. Fortunately it went down better than Friday's.
    Wait Violent Femmes played their first album in its entirety?! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sucks you missed the Make-Up but I'm sure you saw them in the 90s! Excited for the Selector as well

ps Cheer up Tom! There will always be bros and annoying teenagers at Coachella. Glad you didn't get arrested
    Last edited by Spooks; 04-15-2013 at 05:53 AM.

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I'm sorry I didn't see you this weekend Tom, or maybe not. I agree, it must have been that burger.

There was one douchebag moment when I was at the rail, and some guy came barreling forward and pointed to the security guy to help him get over the rail. The people behind him told him to move, and before the security guy could help him over, the douche slammed another guy to the ground, taking out a woman on the way down. Then he cowardly scamped back through the crowd so security couldn't get him. Everyone was like WTF was that? I guess he was a one-man moshpit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I'm about as fussy as it gets when dealing with crowds and people, and I thought this year was really douchelight. Sure there were douchebags, but I thought it was nowhere near as bad as it has been in the last few years.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Douchelite. I believe you just coined a new term.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Tom you are one stupid ass old man if you think the two things I said are related to your crying about all the "douchey bros impeding my access to the fucking beer garden". My issue was with SECURITY.

Fuck you're dense.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

A ten person chain. Three people cut through the chain, and the chain gets upset, flipping them off and saying fuck you for not going around. Stupid is the new cool, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm about as fussy as it gets when dealing with crowds and people, and I thought this year was really douchelight. Sure there were douchebags, but I thought it was nowhere near as bad as it has been in the last few years.
    You were probably watching all the good shows, or keeping to the back of the crowds. I found that a lot of great shows this year had tiny crowds, as some shitty pop alternative/ edm bullshit had the kids distracted. It was actually a pretty good weekend, if you don't mind being more than forty feet from the band. My people were at the packed out Postal Service show, which I stayed at until the Decendents came on. Walked over to the Outdoor, and there was small cool crowd with a little mosh pit going on. Pretty awesome. New Order had a relatively small audience too. For those of us who want to see important bands while they're still around, and not the ones who jump five feet in the air every time some stupid song you know comes on. Jesus Christ, I love your energy to pieces, but you've got to be about as dumb as a shoe.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 04-15-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    Tom you are one stupid ass old man if you think the two things I said are related to your crying about all the "douchey bros impeding my access to the fucking beer garden". My issue was with SECURITY.

Fuck you're dense.
    fwiw, the point he was making was that the douchey bros in your situation are the ones that jumped the kid, further solidifying his point that there is something wrong with people at the festival... dense you say??

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    fwiw, the point he was making was that the douchey bros in your situation are the ones that jumped the kid, further solidifying his point that there is something wrong with people at the festival... dense you say??
    Oh, so you're TomAZ's mouthpiece now? Jesus Christ, The Champions of the Coachella Message Board have assembled yet again to put me in my place!

by the way, these "douchey bros" were somewhere between my (40) and TomAZ's (high 100's) age. Which is why I referred to them as "meatheads". reading - it's fundamental!

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Here is Tom happy on Saturday before the encounter with the fuck wads:

I can't be sure, but it this what a bro or a douchebag looks like at the half century mark in life?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Seriously though Tom, if you are letting the negativity overcome the enjoyment you get out of the sets, then you are probably right; you and Coachella have diverged. And you know that trend is not reversing. I don't understand the mind- set of seeing the most incredible set of acts over a few days, but instead focussing on people you could easily choose to ignore. There are people here having fun, having the best days of their year. We see idiots, we see rudeness, we see unfortunate situations, but it is what it is. If you choose to let it get to you, that's your problem.
    QFT... You have to wonder when someone bitches about people as much as Tom does, who is it that has the real issues?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post

QFT... You have to wonder when someone bitches about people as much as Tom does, who is it that has the real issues?

QFMFT!!!!

stcee, tell us more about your obsession with Tom. Why exactly does he give you such a rage boner?

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    stcee, tell us more about your obsession with Tom. Why exactly does he give you such a rage boner?
    I guess for the same reason you get a smug boner by asking me such questions?

I don't care much for the old guard of dickheads on this message board. Hope that helps.

Oh, so you're TomAZ's mouthpiece now? Jesus Christ, The Champions of the Coachella Message Board have assembled yet again to put me in my place!

by the way, these "douchey bros" were somewhere between my (40) and TomAZ's (high 100's) age. Which is why I referred to them as "meatheads". reading - it's fundamental!
    Either punch someone, or shut the fuck up already. Thanks =)

Please don't tell me what I can or can't say, Zafo. TIA!

I guess for the same reason you get a smug boner by asking me such questions?

I don't care much for the old guard of dickheads on this message board. Hope that helps.
    A revolutionary, nice. We don't get that often enough.

It's interesting how some people take my reporting on my Saturday so.. personally. Just because I faced a disproportionate share of douchebaggery on one day, and said as much, is no reason for anyone to feel threatened.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The 2 Chainz crowd represented humanity at its worst.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Just voicing my opinion, gramps. Or does one need 10k posts under their belt before they can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    A revolutionary, nice. We don't get that often enough.
    I know, right! "We".

Please don't tell me what I can or can't say, Zafo. TIA!
    I gave you options, at least. I could have just shut you the fuck up by locking you in a closet and setting it ablaze Val Kilmer Morrison style, but instead I gave you an option. Your modesty is quite astounding...

Fuck you're dense.
    Opinions. Now with 90% more personal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Champions of The Coachella Message Board, assemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I gave you options, at least. I could have just shut you the fuck up by locking you in a closet and setting it ablaze Val Kilmer Morrison style, but instead I gave you an option. Your modesty is quite astounding...
    Yes yes, you could have done that. And I could have poked you with AIDZ NEEDLEZ

The internet: where everyone is The Last Action Hero!

Someone's on a crusade.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Opinions. Now with 90% more personal attacks.
    You saw the polls. Coachella is now over for more than 50% of the regular boardies. Which means hate is back in season for another eleven and a half+ months. Goody!

Someone certainly is, gramps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    You saw the polls. Coachella is now over for more than 50% of the regular boardies. Which means hate is back in season for another eleven and a half+ months. Goody!

Hate? You mean like people going through a persons' photobucket because they got their feelings hurt on a fucking message board?

Glad to help you sort out your issues.

Glad to make you feel important, paw paw.

Yes yes, you could have done that. And I could have poked you with AIDZ NEEDLEZ

The internet: where everyone is The Last Action Hero!
    Hey now, I'm on your side here. Don't give AIDS NEEDLEZ to the only champion of your online work.

By the way:

You're fired.

Now can you two please shut the fuck, or go back to bitching about things that aren't each other? Or fuck. Fucking is okay too.

Well I'm trying to write my report but people keep interrupting me, making me continue my crusade!