The hype surrounding Daft Punk on these boards is a bit peculiar. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of theirs and have been since the 90's, but the annual desperation for them at Coachella is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Compare them to their peers (Prodigy, Leftfield, Justice, Kraftwerk, Chemicals, Orbital, Way Out West, Etienne Du Crecy) and they're in no way the best musically. Prodigy, Kraftwerk & Chems are far, far greater and, Prodigy especially, easily as good live. I'd also go as far as to say Kraftwerk and Chems are better live than Daft Punk but that's just my opinion.

I wasn't there for Punk at Coachella though, so I've not witnessed what many on these boards have. When i came back to England and started waxing on about how fucking amazing the Tupac hologram was, they didn't disbelieve me that i thought it was amazing, but they weren't there, so no amount of my telling them and youtubing it could match actually being there and dry-humping the leggy Aussie bird like i was.

I'd personally love to see what all the fuss is about regarding Daft Punk. I've heard this incredible rumour that they're headlining Coachella 2014...