View Poll Results: Which Coachella was the most fun?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coachella 99

17 6.39%
  • Coachella 01

11 4.14%
  • Coachella 02

10 3.76%
  • Coachella 03

12 4.51%
  • Coachella 04

104 39.10%
  • Coachella 05

27 10.15%
  • Coachella 06

85 31.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Coachella (polls)

Cool Best Coachella (polls)

Um, how do we do polls? I see the "post a poll" function at the bottom, and I clicked it, but nothings' happening. And I had the most fun at Coachella 2006 I think.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 12-06-2006 at 11:22 AM. Reason: nevermind, when you click the poll option, it brings you to the poll stuff after you submit new thread

Default Re: Best Coachella (polls)

I really like the way these polls work. They seem more democratic.

I have only been to 05 and 06. Besides going to NYC this year, Coachella was the most excitement I had in 06.

Also, I enabled to poll to SHOW who voted so this way we can avoid the alias fiascoes we had with the festival contest. You can either enable to disable the poll to show users.

like nikki ive only been to 05 and 06 but i suppose i was more excited for 06?

Only been to 05 and 06...so had to choose 06. As much fun as Wilco, NIN, Bauhaus, and New Order were....nothing beat seeing the Rakes, She Wants Revenge, Audiobullys, and.........who am I missing?

having it show who voted is neat.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Cool Re: Best Coachella (polls)

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Only been to 05 and 06...so had to choose 06. As much fun as Wilco, NIN, Bauhaus, and New Order were....nothing beat seeing the Rakes, She Wants Revenge, Audiobullys, and.........who am I missing?
    You're on a sarcasm ROLL today, Erik. And hey, I like She Wants Revenge. I was mildly disappointed that I had to miss them to see Daft Punk (wouldn't change that though).

04 was my favorite because I saw tons of bands I liked, plus Air played my favorite Coachella set. And because the heat was so miserable I will always have exciting stories to share.

I regret missing Air.

Arrow Re: Best Coachella (polls)

in 04, I remember buying cold water just to pour over my head! It was funny watching people play "Twister" with the shade from the tents just to get cool.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

2005 was more pleasant (great camping buddies, Dresden Dolls signing, perfect weather, not overcrowded, lots of free booze and pot, VIP, I ran into a lot of people I knew so I wasn't too lonely), but the absolute worst scheduling (half the good bands were playing at exactly the same time as the others, so lots of downtime)

2006 had the most solid lineup (never a dull moment), but had miserable conditions (more overcrowded than ever, the Iron Curtain incident on Sunday, late divas ruining everyone's plans, inconsiderate fans of one-act-only)

I'm going to go with 2004. Sure, it was the hottest year ever, and I was only able to attend the first day because of stupid midterms, but Radiohead + Pixies = priceless, and there's no time like the first time. And Camp Atease was really great.

2004: my first coachella. Plus you can't beat The Cure and Radiohead on the same bill. oh yeah and Muse.
    Last edited by microcuts; 01-10-2007 at 09:23 PM.

I think I would've voted for 2004 if it wasn't so hot, and if I went both days.

What was the Iron Curtain incident?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

love the polls here!!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

06 was the most fun for me because I had tons of friends there. i enjoyed 04 more musically and 05 was great, but 06 was just more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    What was the Iron Curtain incident?
    On Sunday, half the grounds were roped off because Madonna was soundchecking or whatever. So, no entry to the Mojave tent, Sahara tent, AT&T myspace tent, or that beer garden until after noon. I was actually planning on checking out the Sahara tent from noon-1pm, too. Oops. I wonder when the acts that were supposed to go on at noon actually played. I was so hot frying under the sun at high noon that I just chilled in the AT&T tent, where it was nice and dark and cool.

Man this is tough... Most fun year? Well they were all fun, best line up was 04 but a lot of fun was had in 06 for me.. I am torn..

2004 was my fav....Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, Air, Pixies, !!!, and it being my first Coachella experience puts it over the top...

i've never partied harder than 2006 though...my brain's still recovering

I'm with you bartelby...

2004 was a dream lineup for me. My favorite 2 bands are radiohead and flaming lips... to have them both at the same festival was INSANE. And the Pixies are probably in my top 5 favorite bands as well... and Air probably top 10... and it was my first time seeing the Lips play live (I've seen them 5 times since then)

To be honest, I probably had more "fun" last year though (2006) because I was with a bunch of good friends, we stayed at an awesome party house, etc.

But I gotta go with 04. I have a hard time believing anything will ever top it
    Read my Coachella articles: http://www.coachella.ehow.com/

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

Smile Re: Best Coachella (polls)

I've been going since '02; and, '04 and '06 are actually tied, for different reasons. '04 had awesome headliners and a lot on the undercard that I loved - Pixies reunion...says it all! But, 2006 was the first time I did not camp and stayed in a killer hotel in Palm Springs (due to being surrounded by a bunch of frat/military type asssholes who wanted to start a fight with everyone or be ridiculuously loud until 5 in the morning in '05). Also, I researched bands I've only heard of or only listened to on a limited basis, and it made for a great time and listening experience - though it was hard to schedule. '03 was alright, but I did ask my wife (fiance at the time) to marry me about an hour before The White Stripes went on.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

I've only been to '04 and '06. I went with '04 also. Highlights were getting to see the Pixies again, discovering the Black Keys, and the Air sunset performance. I loved the line-up for '06, and was able to plan my time better because I had experienced Coachella before (not to mention the fact that I had familiarized myself with more of the bands), but damn that first time was amazing...

very cool.

I have been to every one. 1999 tops the list, well, because you never forget your first - plus there was under 20,000 people per day, talk about your comfortable surroundings (although GV lost money on Coachella that year)
    1999 also had a KILLER lineup, Morrissey, Rage, Beck, Tool, Underworld, Chemicals, DJ Shadow, Lamb, Pavement, Moby, Spiritualized, etc...

I'd give 03 and 04 the next spots, although 04 was too freakin hot and too freakin crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    06 was the most fun for me because I had tons of friends there. i enjoyed 04 more musically and 05 was great, but 06 was just more fun.
    my thoughts exactly! i didn't go with friends last year, but my onsite campmates became great friends.
    the lineup of 04 may never be topped.
    my 05 experience was subpar. arcade fire saved it from being a complete disaster.

2004 was just epic. It was wicked hot, but we drank plenty of water, and bathed in sunscreen, so no worries. That lineup was sick, from top to bottom. I saw so many great bands, and missed so many others!
    I've enjoyed every one, but I would have to say 2006 was my least fave (but it was still a blast).

if i'd been at '04, i prolly would have voted that way...alas, i had to go with the first one (thank goodness unprofitibility ... is that a proper word? ... didn't turn off the promoters
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

There have been moments of sublimeness at every event I've been to, but the sun going down, the air becoming a tiny bit cooler while lounging on the grass listening to Air and Belle and Sebastian were among the best "it" moments.

Banned

I cant Believe nobody mentioned Daft Punk along with their support for 06. I been 04, 05, 06, because I live in drunken walking distance of the venue. In my opinion 04 and 05 were more relaxed and chillen. 06 was the year to go all out. Me being an EDM fan, had a fucking blast. To name my favorites of last year would be in order. Daft Punk, Damien Marley, Depech Mode, Coldcut, the list goes on.

Daft Punk was AMAZING! So were Dresden Dolls, actually.

Lurker

04 was my first festival adventure, and between the AIR set, Wayne Coyne's unveiling of his plastic ball for the first time, and meeting a really cute girl on the plane ride home I kind of changed forever. I guess that makes it my favorite.