Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Default Re: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Quote Originally Posted by prettyawfulperson View Post
    Nothing?

Haha! Well played, sir or madam.
    Last edited by stcee; 04-15-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: porgot the quote

If you want to avoid lines getting in, GO EARLY. I arrived at 10:30 all three days and was inside within 5 minutes of gates opening.

The day parking lots were moving targets. Day 1: No signs indicating where to park. Parked in Lot 14 after circling twice and stopping to ask the blue shirt where day parking was. He motioned me into the lot. Day 2: Returned to Lot 14 and was told it wouldn't be open until noon and to go to Lot 2. Day 3: Went back to Lot 14 and parked there. Again, no signs to help find the lot, but knew where to go by then.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    It wasn't any more crowded this year than last I year, and in no way does it compare to the 2010 nightmare. We came in the main entrance every day and probably waited in line a total of five minutes. I didn't see any real security issues. This was probably the most pleasant experience I've had since 2008.

Same here..I was with a newbie to Coachella, and she also never complained about the crowds/lines etc.

That's because she didn't have a basis for comparison.

You don't really need to when you're getting through security lines in 5 minutes..

I'm sure if 2012 was my first coachella I would have thought the crowds were "fine" as well.

This was my fourth Coachella, and I would say that the crowds were "fine" if not "much better than years' past". Some of you are just too fucking entitled.

i know this aint really the place, but do the gardens seriously only serve heineken?

No! that's ludicrous!

They serve Heineken Light too

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    i know this aint really the place, but do the gardens seriously only serve heineken?

For reals, that's all they serve. But they also serve the light variety, and they come in two different sizes!

Fuck all that. That's why I car camp - walk back to the campsite, drink the delicious beers I brought myself, save mad loot in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    For reals, that's all they serve. But they also serve the light variety, and they come in two different sizes!

Fuck all that. That's why I car camp - walk back to the campsite, drink the delicious beers I brought myself, save mad loot in the process.
    heineken sucks so bad, this cant be true. wtf.

heineken sucks so bad, this cant be true. wtf.

hey, you're saving yourself $9 each time you want a beer. you could go to the full bar and get a $13 shot though!

smuggled vodka frozen lemonades it is then! whats this i hear about margaritas? $15 probably.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Terrible margaritas. $11

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    gps, are those pictures right after a set ended? that context is significant.
    Those pictures of the Mojave are during or leading up to the 2 chains show which was by far one of the most packed mojave sets of the weekend.

The beer garden lines are a joke. Slow security and tiny choke points exasperate the problem.

The yuma is cool but also impossible to get into if there's a popular set coming on. It was too pretty outside saturday and friday evening anyway.

Fuck dust.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Obviously the 40+ group has become elite now also... We didn't even know about it... BUT, we did get the opportunity in meeting up with GPS in the terrace area prior to the start of last night's blowjob, so there!
    It was brightly advertized in the social group, which I believe you are a member of, Bev.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I thought there was supposed to be Newcastle, too, this year. No? Not that it's great, but it's better than Heineken...

VIP gets a variety. There's a full bar at the main stage beer garden. I go to the beer garden between main and outdoor for the newcastle and bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    I thought there was supposed to be Newcastle, too, this year. No? Not that it's great, but it's better than Heineken...
    Yes, there is Newcastle too.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Did anyone really watch the entire RHCP set? With that dust storm on full throttle, I'm surprised they didn't cancel. Speakers and screens were blowing in the wind, and you couldn't see forty feet in front of you. It reminded me of what music festivals must have been like in the 60's, when people still enjoyed things like snorting dust, burning eyes, sleeping in total dirt, etc.

Primitives.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfmYminD View Post
    VIP gets a variety. There's a full bar at the main stage beer garden. I go to the beer garden between main and outdoor for the newcastle and bathrooms.
    you just saved my life.

Wow so Newcastle is that much of a viable alternative to Heiny that you'd pay for a VIP pass to get it?

This year being my 10th Coachella and Pete's 14th, we've watched this festival grow from the one day event to the two weekend event, and no year has ever been the same... but, it keeps growing. And while it's hard to argue that 2010 wasn't a clusterfuck, I'd stand up for Goldenvoice for the job they've done trying to keep up and avoid any issues they may learn about and encounter from previous years. It's a part of the festival's growing pains, and I truly believe that they have done a fabulous job of adjusting as best as they could to alleviate many of the problems each year. (They must have, because it continues to grow.)

Unfortunately, some of you here with that sense of entitlement, just can't grasp and accept change, therefore creating part of the clusterfuck you bitch about. I can't count how many times during the rest of the year, someone new has a question to ask on this message board about how things are done, or what to expect, only to be answered with a, "Fuck you and die," or some other smartass remark pointing out stupidity or lack of knowledge by someone who does know. Guess what? You've helped to create part of that clusterfuck... just because of your need to feel superior. Why not try being nice and helpful to those who are still learning, or who have decided to go for their first time? Pete and i met quite a few first timers, and instead of looking at them like they were douchebags and telling them to go fuck themselves, we offered as much advice and help as we could. You get what you give... and that seems to be working for Goldenvoice, doesn't it?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

That was an excellent post. Brokendoll, you seem like good people.

DUMB
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

That was an excellent post. Brokendoll, you seem like good people.
    Thank you, stcee. I try to be good, but I stay far away from superior... it just doesn't suit me well...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Wow so Newcastle is that much of a viable alternative to Heiny that you'd pay for a VIP pass to get it?
    hu? the BG between main and outdoor isnt vip according to the map..
    but if im paying $9 a beer, it BETTEr not be a fucking heineken and NC is one of my favorites.

so...yes?

There is Newcastle at the beer garden by the outdoor.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

hu? the BG between main and outdoor isnt vip according to the map..
    but if im paying $9 a beer, it BETTEr not be a fucking heineken and NC is one of my favorites.

so...yes?
    that's fair enough - I find Heineken and Newcastle about the same tier of crapiness (I'll drink both of 'em but neither are my favorite), but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    This year being my 10th Coachella and Pete's 14th, we've watched this festival grow from the one day event to the two weekend event, and no year has ever been the same... but, it keeps growing. And while it's hard to argue that 2010 wasn't a clusterfuck, I'd stand up for Goldenvoice for the job they've done trying to keep up and avoid any issues they may learn about and encounter from previous years. It's a part of the festival's growing pains, and I truly believe that they have done a fabulous job of adjusting as best as they could to alleviate many of the problems each year. (They must have, because it continues to grow.)

Unfortunately, some of you here with that sense of entitlement, just can't grasp and accept change, therefore creating part of the clusterfuck you bitch about. I can't count how many times during the rest of the year, someone new has a question to ask on this message board about how things are done, or what to expect, only to be answered with a, "Fuck you and die," or some other smartass remark pointing out stupidity or lack of knowledge by someone who does know. Guess what? You've helped to create part of that clusterfuck... just because of your need to feel superior. Why not try being nice and helpful to those who are still learning, or who have decided to go for their first time? Pete and i met quite a few first timers, and instead of looking at them like they were douchebags and telling them to go fuck themselves, we offered as much advice and help as we could. You get what you give... and that seems to be working for Goldenvoice, doesn't it?
    Tell that to the boardies who keep Tom around. There's an epic e-struggle between the elitist boardies and the people who actually appreciate Coachella. As long as the neutrals keep making gifs of Tom being a total dumb ass like it's worthy of time in the first place, he's going to feel worthy of time, and keep coming back to piss on our parades. I do some pissing of my own, sure, but I can still use the excuse that I'm young, and vital. Take a look at Tom. Nothing young or vital about him. Do you wonder why he wards people off? Really? You sorry sack of shit elitist boardies are the only ones keeping him alive. You should be proud, and ashamed. You're doing a good thing for him, but you're not keeping him in check, which causes all sorts of shit. This is your responsibility now.

As far as critiquing the lineup, the staff, and anything in between, I think it's critical to allow it, and take it all into consideration. Just like Tom, if you keep patting the dog on its head when it's been bad, it's going to expect praise every time it shits in your shoe. Think about it. Plenty of little things end up filling a suitcase quickly, and uncomfortably, in most cases.