Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Default Re: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

I hope weekend two will be a little better.

What a difference a day makes....

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

I guess everyone slept in the second day.

But wait......by afternoon, check out the sardine can inside the polo grounds on Saturday...these people in the background aren't standing, they are walking....

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Holy fucking shit.

Try navigating that in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I can't believe that. Holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Wow that seems much more crowded than previous years...

Definitely way more people there yesterday. Really packed in tight. So many tent shows overflowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I'm must be coming in at the right time, seeing the right type of shows and not letting others bother me because i haven't noticed many of these things.. I think the crowds have been split up rather well amongst shows actually..

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    I'm must be coming in at the right time, seeing the right type of shows and not letting others bother me because i haven't noticed many of these things.. I think the crowds have been split up rather well amongst shows actually..
    I agree. If you are out seeking crowds (like after a Sahara exodus) you will find the evidence you need to be negative nancy. If you want to stroll through open grass fields to see how far you can walk with your eyes closed, maybe a park is the what you need. If you came for music and great live performances, these two days have been great.

And, yeah...i ended up getting great spots with no issues for the shows i wanted to see.

Wild Nothing, Bat For Lashes, El-P, Portugal The Man, Grizzly Bear,The Postal Service, Two Door Cinema, SMD,Janelle Monae, New Order..

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

gps, are those pictures right after a set ended? that context is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    but god damn there are a lot of douchebags attending this year. It's very much like 2010 in that regard. it's making me not want to come back.
    Yeah, this is the main reason why I decided not to attend. The crowds seem to get worse every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

looks like 2010.

i need to stop reading these fucking boards.

but i cant. hope we2 is more sparsely populated.

The lines going into the polo grounds in 2010 is something I still have nightmares about, you'd think they'd have figured that shit out by now. Last year wasn't awful...

At least the Sahara is there to soak up all the douchebags on the inside. Hopefully it clears out for Kalkbrenner.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

just got back home (we had to leave early).

this is my 4th year at Coachella and I think there were a lot of improvements over previous years. to me the worst part of the festival was the asshole security. me and my friend watched 5 meatheads rush a skinny little Asian kid and start beating on him right in front of the merch tables, at the far right side right before the ATMs. security broke it up AND STARTED LAUGHING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH THE MEATHEADS. I don't know if that was some new school Punk'd action we witnessed but to me it just looked like bullies sucking off other bullies. that left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post

this is my 4th year at Coachella and I think there were a lot of improvements over previous years. to me the worst part of the festival was the asshole security. me and my friend watched 5 meatheads rush a skinny little Asian kid and start beating on him right in front of the merch tables, at the far right side right before the ATMs. security broke it up AND STARTED LAUGHING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH THE MEATHEADS. I don't know if that was some new school Punk'd action we witnessed but to me it just looked like bullies sucking off other bullies. that left a really bad taste in my mouth.
    Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Thanks, thread, for making me feel better about not being able to go this year. 2010 made me never want to attend again, and it sounds like I'm missing a winner.
    2010 convinced me to "move on" from coachella and no longer attend. So I skipped on 2011, but heard good things. So I attended 2012, while it was a good time and not as bad as 2010, I thought "I am content with no longer attending".

While threads like this make me sad for the event and those that attend, it makes me feel even better about my decision.

Also, can someone PLEASE explain to me the logic some of you have saying weekend 2 will be better? IT SOLD OUT JUST LIKE WEEKEND 1 SOLD OUT. Did they put a lower cap on weekend 2 tickets or something?
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 04-15-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Also, can someone PLEASE explain to me the logic some of you have saying weekend 2 will be better? IT SOLD OUT JUST LIKE WEEKEND 1 SOLD OUT. Did they put a lower cap on weekend 2 tickets or something?
    People that can't go are having a lot of trouble moving weekend 2 tickets, and prices have been under face for a while now. There are still ~2000 tickets on stubhub. The thought is not that they sold fewer tickets, but that more people and scalpers will be sitting on tickets that don't get used.

Quote Originally Posted by ehiunno View Post
    People that can't go are having a lot of trouble moving weekend 2 tickets, and prices have been under face for a while now. There are still ~2000 tickets on stubhub. The thought is not that they sold fewer tickets, but that more people and scalpers will be sitting on tickets that don't get used.
    That does make sense. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    That does make sense. Thank you.
    LOGIC, how does it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

It wasn't any more crowded this year than last year, and in no way does it compare to the 2010 nightmare. We came in the main entrance every day and probably waited in line a total of five minutes. I didn't see any real security issues. This was probably the most pleasant experience I've had since 2008.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Weekend two should be better:

1 - No Daft Punk. Confirmed.
    2 - Less people and possibly even less douchebags.
    3 - Hotter, with less wind. (I like that).

Also, the fact that Daft Punk didn't do a surprise show will definitely make it harder to sell tickets.

Way crowded. Was involved in, but did not provoke, a couple entryway bumrushes myself at the entrance and beer garden, so “sorry”. They did try to curb that later by adding some back-and-forth fences. Got this short yellow haired dyky Security lady entering first thing Sunday morning, with no one else in line, who gave me the most action I’d had all weekend. Almost came on her hand. And she still missed the drugs in my back rear pocket after having had taken all items out and thoroughly frisked top to bottom and inside out for what seemed like an eternity (haha to her). 2 Chainz was packed and he kept the crowd waiting. The wanker at Lee Perry holding up the inflatable man the whole time seeking out attention. The beach balls at Lee Perry. Not enough drink variants (don’t really care for vodka or margaritas so was stuck on Heinies the whole time).

But other than that…fucking awesome time!
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    After reading this, I think I will be attending wk 2 next year. I know it's not the cool thing to do but you know there's going to be a smaller crowd and problems solved that were an issue during wk 1. Hang in there, Zaf. I hope your wallet turns up, you piece of shit. Have fun!
    Fuck the sunglasses, and the money. My wallet turned up, and my Saturday was amazing. Some real lucky fucker got my best drugs, but at least they did me a solid by turning my paperwork in. This has been, by far, the most epic (for better, and for worse) Coachella I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post

If being pushed is still considered physical assault, then I was physically assaulted at the Grimes show yesterday by security. The "security guard" was clearly agitated, for some reason, and decided to take his frustration on the crowd out on me. He told me to move back and over, so I did. He told me to move more, so I did. He came at me (bro) and said, "If you don't move, I'll move you." There were no lines marking where the crowd was supposed to be, so I asked him exactly where he wanted me to move to. At which point, he proceeded to shove me farther into the crowd, where I almost stumbled into some other people. I pointed at him, told him you're not going to be touching anyone, took his picture, and his number, and here I am. I stood there for a few more songs, watching his reactions to people. Some were farther in than I was, and getting nothing from the guy, and some were obviously being hand selected for prodding. Security can push around attendees, but the moment I would have touched him it would have become a "racially motivated physical assault." If I had been such a problem, he would have called someone in for assistance.

Do I consult GV about this? Pro Staff has to be the least professional security company ever. Sure, there was a dust storm, but I think the security was using the anonymity of bandanas over their faces as masks more than anything. Conceal your identity, and go fuck with the attendees you don't like.

Another instance where I was going into the bathrooms, and a security member stopped me saying I had to stand in line. I told him that I didn't see any line. He said that's because I didn't make one.....

?????????

Another instance in which I left the tent camping parking to go home, get my passport, go to the bank and put a stop on my debit card, then hit the grocery store and come back through was foiled when security decided, and GV supported this, that there would be no re-entry for tent camping parking. Dozens of open spaces, but no re-entry. When I asked who I could talk to about this, the security just said, "This isn't our problem, this is your problem." An actual GV employee finally came up and told me cars will not be towed from GA DAY PARKING, which is really all the ProStaff idiots had to tell me in the first place. Great. $350+ to be treated like shit by people who hate their jobs and their lives? We should be getting paid for dealing with disgruntled employees.

It was pretty much like this all weekend, and I heard very similar accounts by literally everyone I talked to. It seems obvious to me that either the police had a little talk with ProStaff that left them upset, or ProStaff is just a racist white hating organization. Considering how few whites they employ, and how that pushy security guard was very cordial to the rasta guy by, but being an asshole to everyone else, I'd say it's anyone's guess. If I'm wrong, then let me be wrong.

The music was great. I couldn't believe how good each act was on Saturday. Killer lineup. Goldenvoice, stop hiring hoodlums to run your security. It's turning into Altamont out there. Oh wait, Altamont was a FREE concert, which would explain having shit security. You'd think paying top dollar would be incentive enough to make the place comfortable for attendees. I guess that thought would be wrong.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 04-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Fuck lot 1.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    We missed you at the 40+ meetup Bob.
    Obviously the 40+ group has become elite now also... We didn't even know about it... BUT, we did get the opportunity in meeting up with GPS in the terrace area prior to the start of last night's blowjob, so there!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Not enough drink variants (don’t really care for vodka or margaritas so was stuck on Heinies the whole time).
    Were there not any full bars this year outside of VIP?

wait....i know heineken sponsors the shit...but is hat the only beer in the biergartens?

This was my 3rd and last year for sure unless they can get Morrissey and Marr. It doesn't matter who GV books, just get some DJs and the kids will turn up. There's just too much of an excessive amount of BS to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    I thought it looked insanely packed from the webcast and am not surprised to hear it compared to 2010. I skipped 2011 because of that shit show. Last year was fun, but I already planned for this year to be my last, unless they miraculously book the Talking Heads or Bowie in the future. Hope Weekend 2 is better as far as crowds and security go.