Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Default Re: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

^^^

I saw you or a person exactly like you. The security guy's face was hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lots of fucking complainers in this thread. Yeah it was packed but there are what, 70,000 fucking people that attend? Stop being old and grouchy and just enjoy yourselves.

I got there no later than 12pm each day and didn't wait more than 30min in line and had the fucking time of my life (again). Oh, and before any of you idiots go "there", no I wasn't in the Sahara, do lab or any other whomp whomp area.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    I didn’t like the question offered from a few vendors: “Would you like to put a dollar in my tip jar?”. “No, but I’d like to put one in your pussy”. Buying a fucking bottled water for christs sake. At least the beer people need to concentrate*.

*they always topped it off properly. Kudos to them.
    Sorry to double post but I also found this extremely annoying. No I'm not gonna tip your dumb ass when I'm paying $5 for a fucking Gatorade.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

definitely way more packed than last year. sold more tickets for sure this year, IMO. not that im complaining or anything, it is to be expected at a festival for sure. chilling at the beer garden where you can see all 3 tents, you can really see just how packed it was. in between sets it was basically a sea of bobbing heads

"def sold way more tickets". Um, no. The capacity has been the same for the last couple of years. The same amount of tickets were sold.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    It was no clusterfuckchella. Not even close. Anyone who thinks it was has a bad memory or was not there in 2010.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    I didn’t like the question offered from a few vendors: “Would you like to put a dollar in my tip jar?”. “No, but I’d like to put one in your pussy”. Buying a fucking bottled water for christs sake.
    this has been happening more and more the past few years and often times made water lines take much longer than they should due to all the begging and flirting. and weekend 2 they started with the "we're donating 50% of our tips to charity" thing which got pretty annoying as well

i dont think they should take the tip jars away but the panhandling has to stop. you're volunteering/getting paid to be at one of the greatest music festivals in the world for free. you are not entitled to a tip for handing me a bottle of water, regardless of its temperature.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    ^^ I had my junk padded and ass cupped that Friday!!! in front of my 2yr old son ....Fuck yellow jackets seriously!...HARD!
    They did the same ridiculous pat downs in 2012 going through the first check into the camp grounds from the shuttle. Are people complaining (rightfully so!) about the pat downs this year coming from camp to festival? I don't remember them touching me at that check point in 2012.

My GF was getting seriously felt up by one of the dyke security guards, then when she was finished she claimed that she had to give her another search because she was suspicious. I yelled for the supervisor and I proceeded to give both of them some verbal abuse. Ended up with thorough apologies and the number to their superiors along with the woman's name to report.
    It is not in their code of conduct to search that way and if they do its a violation and they can get fined. They aren't the police, they are security. They can only touch you in places a bathing suit can't cover.

I thought it was weird that on Sunday they didn’t separate the lines for security by male and female. I’m fine with a girl patting me down as long as they don’t get too handsy but I felt bad for the girls getting patted down by a guy. Most of them looked very uncomfortable with it.

Girls aren't forced to be patted down by a guy; all they have to do is go into a line where there is a female security guard, or ask for one to come over and pat them down instead.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Solid point.

I had one yellow tap my balls and go through every compartment in my wallet before going in the the camping area from the shuttle, and then when i got the main gate the yellow there said "I ain't tripping go on it" with out so much as a single touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    "def sold way more tickets". Um, no. The capacity has been the same for the last couple of years. The same amount of tickets were sold.
    How do you know how many tickets were sold this year? Don't they only release those numbers a while after the fest? Definitely felt way more crowded than last year to me, but obviously that's subjective.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

My only real problem was security. It took an hour and a half to get through Saturday. They found something on one girl and instead of pulling her aside, they kept her there and the line stopped for about 15 minutes. The dust kind of sucked too, but overall it was great.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    How do you know how many tickets were sold this year? Don't they only release those numbers a while after the fest? Definitely felt way more crowded than last year to me, but obviously that's subjective.
    They was a 3,000 difference between tickets sold for W1 and W2 in 2012 according to Billboard. Both weekends were truly "sold out". W1 must have much greater media requests.

I'm not an elitist board member or a Coachella veteran. Cons: At first they didn't know where to direct us to ADA. We went in a circle once. They then put us in a primo place, a quick 3 minute walk to either entrance. They took my fucking steel hammer. I said I thought rubber ones were the only one's not allowed. Quick search, and we were in camping in about 20 minutes from start to finish. Later when I opened my truck, I found my "extra camping" bag with two fucking hammers, both kinds, and without exaggerating, a bag of 50+ METAL stakes. The first time we tried to take in water, 4 bottles, into the venue, the yellow shirts gave us shit. We went to a blue shirt. He said that was bs and if they hassled us again, call for a GV rep. We did, and the GV rep, said take your water in. He was a bit perplexed also though. Some cops gave us a ride around camping, the blue shirts set our chairs up each time and gave us ice cold water some times. They were the best of all the LEO. Hats off to the military. What a great bunch of guys. We talked to the red shirts and they also work the Roo. They commented how clean and different the crowd was between the two. We said we would meetup with them at the Roo. .......... "Our poor grass." Ask someone from other fests about grass and they will act like you are crazy. Red Rocks, one of the best outdoor venues in the world has no fucking grass. Weird pat downs? Guess we were too old to experience that. Crowds, yikes I forgot it was a concert. This wasn't just for me. Tip thing is annoying. If we wanted to, and PLANNED, we could have got rail for almost any show I think. A lot of people deferred to us I guess, but that all comes with attrition young bunch. People wonder why I call Coachella the Disneyland of outdoor shows. If GV fucks up enough, doesn't listen some, Coachella will go the way of Vegoose, else, if you don't like how things are run, don't fucking go and you don't have to bitch about how things sucked so badly for you. Peace ..... cr****

Edit: The dust storm. We weren't there but the same storm closed the interstate we were coming in on. Fuck when will GV be able to control the weather.......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    I had one yellow tap my balls and go through every compartment in my wallet before going in the the camping area from the shuttle, and then when i got the main gate the yellow there said "I ain't tripping go on it" with out so much as a single touch.
    all the security for me were like the second guy. was awesome.

Does anyone understand what the fuck Ron was saying about Coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    TheE capacity for the venue is the same as last year. Both years sold out. Wouldn't it stand to reason that the same number of tickets were sold?

I thought someone had posted some data to the effect that there was an increase in how many people got in this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Does anyone understand what the fuck Ron was saying about Coachella?
    I was saying, not perfect, but quit bitching unless you expect perfection.... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine