Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Default Re: Coachella 2013 has some aspects of Clusterfuckchella

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    lot 4 was absolutely fucking atrocious. it's been day parking for years which is why the grass was barely...grass. you'd think they'd at least re-sod the fucking field if people are going to be LIVING ON IT for four days. we almost lost an air mattress because those stickers/burrs were poking up through the tent. and forget about walking without shoes, i couldn't even go the four steps from my tent to the car without stepping on one. it really felt like they forgot people were even in that lot. when i walked into camp around 2:30pm on thursday, they were alternating filling Lot 4 and Lot 8; why? you're punishing the early birds by sticking them in the fucking farthest corner (aside from tent camping) with the shittiest grass and an inadequate bathrooms (and no showers). just fucking awful. i will flat REFUSE to go to Lot 4 next year if they try.
    I was the lead car of our 15 cars and I was waiting for the attendant to stop traffic and let our group in. instead of allowing us to merge, the guy said "don't you want to go this way?" and I just pointed to the right and leaned out my window to talk to him but he didn't really want to listen to me and just told me to get moving.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    The only thing I had an issue with was my balls on Saturday evening.
    For some reason they became extremely tender yet there seemed to be little or no inflammation.
    Walking became almost unbearable which also meant that I was an angry, pissed off motherfucker.
    Your balls seemed fine when I saw you Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Overall, I had a great time, but for the sake of Weekend Two-ers, I hope that they smooth out some of the weird kinks in the system. I'm sure the possibly smaller crowd will help.

Among the weirder security decisions: splitting the old VIP lot into half GA parking & then using one entrance for both Artist & VIP parking created backups as attendants lined cars up for their shot at the sorting hat and invited lots of unnecessary confrontations as people with GA wristbands tried to fight/trick their way onto the VIP entrance path. Obviously, this was not the end of the world and this is an admittedly an entitled category of complaint, but it's just an example of one of several logistical decisions that seemed to be confusingly worse this year.

For some reason they became extremely tender yet there seemed to be little or no inflammation.
    Walking became almost unbearable which also meant that I was an angry, pissed off motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Your balls seemed fine when I saw you Sunday.
    That's because the wonderful woman he married, powdered them...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

When I think of Clusterfuckchella, I think of large quantities of people stopped all around me and not being able to get to/into stage or tents.

Wu-Tang was Clusterfuckchella.

Exiting out of the polo fields on Saturday night was Clusterfuckchella.

The line to get into Four Tet was long but the area around me outside and inside the tent was not Clusterfuckchella.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Overall I thought the weekend was great, but there were some clusterfuckchella moments here and there.

Getting in Friday morning was atrocious, everybody missed the first act they wanted to see. Only one entrance/exit into El Dorado was terrible compared to last year when there were at least 3 or 4. Sahara backed up to the beer gardens for Benassi, which was the only Sahara act I saw (outside of Prydz, whose crowd was marvelous) and even then it was only 20 minutes so I don't know if that was par for the course for the rest of the weekend, although I assume so. 2 Chainz in the Mojave was a terrible idea.

Other than that, the crowds were fantastic and I was able to get a good spot for everything I wanted to see, that I showed up on time for.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Overall I thought the weekend was great, but there were some clusterfuckchella moments here and there.

Getting in Friday morning was atrocious, everybody missed the first act they wanted to see. Only one entrance/exit into El Dorado was terrible compared to last year when there were at least 3 or 4. Sahara backed up to the beer gardens for Benassi, which was the only Sahara act I saw (outside of Prydz, whose crowd was marvelous) and even then it was only 20 minutes so I don't know if that was par for the course for the rest of the weekend, although I assume so. 2 Chainz in the Mojave was a terrible idea.

Other than that, the crowds were fantastic and I was able to get a good spot for everything I wanted to see, that I showed up on time for.
    What time did you arrive? I need to leave Friday morning and I'm trying to time it to get there between 8-9am. I have a companion parking pass for car camping. You think that'll get me in quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by juddyboyo8o View Post
    What time did you arrive? I need to leave Friday morning and I'm trying to time it to get there between 8-9am. I have a companion parking pass for car camping. You think that'll get me in quickly?
    Lol.. it took 4 hours to get through security on Thursday afternoon and the Friday morning security for getting into the festival (not campgrounds, but the festival) were fucking atrocious. Arriving at 9am will probably put you in the festival around 1pm assuming you don't spend any time setting up your campsite.

Quote Originally Posted by ww_crimson View Post
    Lol.. it took 4 hours to get through security on Thursday afternoon and the Friday morning security for getting into the festival (not campgrounds, but the festival) were fucking atrocious. Arriving at 9am will probably put you in the festival around 1pm assuming you don't spend any time setting up your campsite.
    I arrived a little after 9am and got in by 10am. It didn't take me 4 hours to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by juddyboyo8o View Post
    Hey man, I got into camping Thursday afternoon and had zero issues/wait getting in, but to be fair I was in El Dorado and we had our own separate entrance. To get into the actual festival itself, we tried to get in at around 1:00 through the festival gates and it took me 45+ minutes to get in. Some friends got into the festival grounds early when the gates open and had no issues. By Saturday morning, hell even by Friday evening after we went back to our campsite for a beer, we never waited more than five minutes to get into the festival itself.

I didn’t like the question offered from a few vendors: “Would you like to put a dollar in my tip jar?”. “No, but I’d like to put one in your pussy”. Buying a fucking bottled water for christs sake. At least the beer people need to concentrate*.

*they always topped it off properly. Kudos to them.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

It was no clusterfuckchella. Not even close. Anyone who thinks it was has a bad memory or was not there in 2010.

Quick, any non-camper here wait in a car line for four hours on Friday to get in? No? Didn't think so.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I don't see too many complaints about driving in or day parking. We usually drive in Washington to Avenue 52. Should I expect any issues this weekend?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Aside from the Sahara there really wasn't any aspect of clusterfuckchella.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    Again, if you're such a fucking internet badass, say hi to me sometime:

Here I am, assholes.
    Notice he posted this they day after Coachella. I guess banging all those hookers must have drained your ball sac.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    It was no clusterfuckchella. Not even close. Anyone who thinks it was has a bad memory or was not there in 2010.
    We tried to see Of Monsters and Men on the outdoor and it was so incredibly fucking packed it reminded me of Phoenix on the outdoor in 2010. I'll admit that was one of the worst crowds I experienced this weekend though as opposed to 2010 when it was like that the entire time, so maybe I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, but damn that shit sucked.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    We tried to see Of Monsters and Men on the outdoor and it was so incredibly fucking packed it reminded me of Phoenix on the outdoor in 2010. I'll admit that was one of the worst crowds I experienced this weekend though as opposed to 2010 when it was like that the entire time, so maybe I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, but damn that shit sucked.
    The crowd between Passion Pit and Of Monsters and Men was huge, but it was nothing like MGMT or Phoenix or AFP in 2010.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I had two major sources of Clusterfuckchella deja vu:

1) a lot of repeat artists from Clusterfuckchella.

2) the douchiest crowd mulling about -- especially at night -- since Clusterfuckchella. Totally anecdotal, but there seemed to be a lot of poorly behaved bros and sorority girls this year.

It also reminded me of Clusterfuckchella in that there were comparatively weak headliners, which probably caused a lot of people to spend their time wandering from stage to stage at night time instead of just staying put at the Main.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I arrived a little after 9am and got in by 10am. It didn't take me 4 hours to get in.
    Do you have trouble reading? We know how you early birds caught the worm. He said Thursday AFTERNOON. I got in around 11:00 pm, and didn't get to the spot until around 3:00 am. Yeah, Amyzzz, looking before leaping only applies to everyone but you and your easily manipulated children (who must have been looking around at the Stone Roses crowd wondering why mommy wasn't forcing them to be at a group that people actually wanted to catch. Hmmmmm)

Ask yourself where your wench was Thursday afternoon/ night. Do you really wonder why your balls are sore, or are you just trying to put your bitch on blast for giving you the clap again? Dr. Zafo strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by stcee View Post
    Zafo & Brokendoll, please let me buy you two an overpriced beer someday
    Together, or separate? Level of interest would be higher together, though I think Brokendoll is trying to act like she hates me right now ='(
    A real tear jerker, this message board.

Lol @ paying for pussy being a bad thing. I think we've all been engaged at least once. Sometimes paid pussy is the best pussy. You heard it straight from Dr. Zafo. Sometimes you want to fuck a ten without dealing with the "ten" drama/ stupidity/ attention that comes with it. Sometimes you want to devalue women in general by paying women individually. Sometimes... well, sometimes there's a man who just doesn't quite give a third of a shit about what any of you think, and goes on to live a life free of the typical guilt that the moral majority live with. Can you blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    That was a real downer and brought the whole day down. I spent the next few hours dreading that this was gonna be 2010 all over again, especially after the Modest Mouse debacle. Thankfully the back to back BH's at the Outdoor plus a perfect Saturday brought me back.

We got to the car camping entrance around 11pm or so on Thursday and had to wait 5 fucking hours before we got in. Apparently, some of the GV staff left and a skeleton crew took it upon themselves to deal with the rest of the cars.

By the time I hit the hay it was like 4am and I only got 3 hours of sleep. Needless to say, Friday was a daze.

Unreal.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    We got to the car camping entrance around 11pm or so on Thursday and had to wait 5 fucking hours before we got in. Apparently, some of the GV staff left and a skeleton crew took it upon themselves to deal with the rest of the cars.

By the time I hit the hay it was like 4am and I only got 3 hours of sleep. Needless to say, Friday was a daze.

Unreal.
    Yeah, Friday was a sort of shit day. Musically good, but the lack of sleep thing could attribute to losing my bag and all the other difficulties of the day. Saturday was sort of similar, but I had nothing to lose, so the day became great. Sunday was the only day I woke up fully rested, and the dust storm kind of said, "fuck you" to that, though it was beautiful all day, and I loved that breeze. Seriously one of the most memorable years in the past five for me.

It definitely didn't feel like Clusterfuckchella to me. Was it crowded? Yes. Would I like to see less people? Absolutely. But overall, it was good enough to get me to commit to next year.

The only issues I had this year were with Yuma and that damn line, the set times, and GV's continued lame handling of artists dropping off the bill (not saying anything and/or not replacing them). Other than that, it went very smoothly.
    For your health

W1D1, it took security and GV a full damn hour just to figure out where we were supposed to enter the damn fairground. I swear a group of us walked at least 5 miles at the direction of uninformed security guards, just to find the entrance.

There was no problem at all for me with crowds the whole weekend.

Much less douchey than any year I can remember.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I'm just seeing this thread, so time to add my complaints. These are from Weekend 1.

We arrived around 1-1:30 Friday morning (couldn't get there any earlier). We then waited for over 6 hours as they had 1 security guard searching cars on each side of the fence. This is while we had 3 at the back of the line shooting the shit with us and eying girlies. Then as 5:30-6 AM rolled around they told us they were stopping the car checks until 9 AM, which would have been totally understandable, as it's in the rules, except for the fact that they would have been done no later than 2:30 AM if they had their shit together and didn't cut every security guard except two. After this announcement, about 50 people went up to the giant douche of a security manager(?), voicing their opinions, with some almost ready to fight this guy. Then as 6:30 rolls around, miraculously, out of fucking nowhere, there's enough security staff and goldenvoice staff, to search and scan all the cars in a matter of 20 minutes. Some major bullshit on that end.

Once we got in and set up, it was 7:30 Friday morning and we planned on crashing for at least a few hours before the heat became unbearable...nope. Some douchebag from the lyft company decided he was going to be a "DJ" at 8:30 in the morning, yelling shit like "Coafuckingchellaaaa" while playing the greatest Avicii and LMFAO songs man has ever heard. Fuck that guy and fuck that company and their stupid fucking pink furry mustache.

Finally, security to get in was terrible. I've been to enough shows to know the difference between a pat down and being groped. I definitely did not pay extra this year for the creepy old man at security to pat my dick and grab my buddy's, or for the girl at security to cup and hold my ass. I've never had that happen to me at previous Coachellas, and it was a bit off-putting.

Something definitely has to be done about security because they were horrendous this year. Also, I don't know if it was just me, but some of those people walking around picking up trash and stuff in the campgrounds, especially late at night, put off some weird vibes. Other than that, I had a great Coachella, there are just some things that need vast improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Finally, security to get in was terrible. I've been to enough shows to know the difference between a pat down and being groped. I definitely did not pay extra this year for the creepy old man at security to pat my dick and grab my buddy's, or for the girl at security to cup and hold my ass. I've never had that happen to me at previous Coachellas, and it was a bit off-putting.

Something definitely has to be done about security because they were horrendous this year. Also, I don't know if it was just me, but some of those people walking around picking up trash and stuff in the campgrounds, especially late at night, put off some weird vibes. Other than that, I had a great Coachella, there are just some things that need vast improvement.
    ^^ I had my junk padded and ass cupped that Friday!!! in front of my 2yr old son ....Fuck yellow jackets seriously!...HARD!
    Papi Piratσn!

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    ^^ I had my junk padded and ass cupped that Friday!!! in front of my 2yr old son ....Fuck yellow jackets seriously!...HARD!
    When the security did the pat down on me, I laughed like the Pillsbury Doughboy. It caught them off-guard every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1