Maybe these things have been posted elsewhere, but I just have to get these off my mind in case Paul T. is reading this board
Worse than last year:
1. Total lack of security in the lines to get through security check. People crashed lines, rushing from back of lines to the front. After waiting 45 minutes in the hot sun and not making it very far toward the entrance, the people wouldn't even let the mounted police through. I saw only 2 blue shirted people (not security guards) helping with the multiple lines. Then to everyone's delight, people started chanting and running right through the security check. Security just stepped aside and didn't try stopping people until several hundred (including myself) had run through. What avoidable chaos! They were not prepared for the immense crowds. I'm not sure if it was planned to ease the crush of people, or if it was simply out of control.
2. It sure felt like it was way oversold. It was hard to walk around without bumping into everyone. The Sahara was so overcrowded, I didn't even try getting close.
3. The grass was already brown in many areas. What's up with that?
4. It was way dustier than I ever remember for Day 1. Lots of folks coughing on the bus home.
5. The people at the help stations were total turds. I asked them questions, like where is this and where is that, and they just said look in the booklet. There was one booth where a guy was in obvious pain and laying on the ground just 3 feet from the booth. I told the the guy in the booth that it looked like the guy needed help, and he just shrugged his shoulders.
Better than last year:
1. Men's vs ladies bathrooms. I suggested this last year after I saw it work very well at Rock the Bells. Several ladies didn't seem to mind being rude and walked right into the men's section anyways.
2. The giant snail. LOVE IT! The energy factory was fun.
3. Suprefan's camera lens has enlarged.
The same as last year:
1. Shuttles were good. Mine got lost on the way there. After 15 minutes, I noticed we were back at the Saguaro, where we started from. So I went to the front of the bus and gave him directions - we were back on track.
2. The dinosaur that didn't move last year, barely moved this year. They should trash it.
3. The attendees are nice.
It's too early to judge the music. My favorites were not Friday.