Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock the Bells X 2013

Default Re: Rock the Bells X 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    Saw this post on their Facebook. Luckily we have an abundance of extra RTB and Paid Dues tickets at my work otherwise there's no way I would pay for this rehash of hip-hop. However if you didn't go to Coachella or OSL or Paid Dues then I guess it's pretty good.
    Why no FB friend request then!? lol

Any chance you're in a sharing mood with all those "extra RTB tickets" you mentioned??
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

The line-up is pretty mediocre if you've been attending RTB the past few years. I'm excited to see who they might add later though...

According to the pre-show announcement, there are at least “fifteen more artists announced before the show,” some being announced on June 24th in New York City.
    ps Mos Def is playing in Central Park for free on 6/24 so maybe he'll join Talib for Black Star?

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

garbage

The hologram thing should have started and ended with 2pac.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

-___-

I just want a solo Jurassic 5 and Kid Cudi show. Not paying $200 for this. Not even paying the $100 I know it will be come the 2 weeks before like last year
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Not paying $200 for this. Not even paying the $100 I know it will be come the 2 weeks before like last year
    Thats largely my beef. We know these prices have been increasing each year, significantly, and I'm not interested in paying even more to see the same acts. If prices are reasonable, I'd have less of an issue. I'm a fan of MOST of the lineup, but as Spooks said, its mediocre if you've been going the past few years.

Even as a big hip hop fan, OSL excites me much more than this.

Was there last night at the HOB, good vibe, met some of the artist. not a big Bone Thungs fan but they sounded good live. As for the Hologram thing i'm glad i was there weekend 1 Coachella last year. It will have a diiferent vibe cause Dr Dre & Company didn't mention it and when it was done EVERYONE there was like Oh Damn! Wow! (coachella moment) so to know what will happen is kind of a let down. Who doesn't like surprises?
    [B]Darthlaker

I wonder if the holograms are for one song, or an entire set. I'm also very interested in the production quality of said visuals, because they definitely don't have Dre money.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I wonder if the holograms are for one song, or an entire set. I'm also very interested in the production quality of said visuals, because they definitely don't have Dre money.
    Boy you aren't kidding.

Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine to give $70 million to USC for new academy

After 14 hours the SB date is now n sale (in 11 minutes....hopefully) and people are UPSET that they bought Bay Area tickets and no J5 on the lineup

So I guess they lowered the price...kinda

Now you can buy SB prices for $168, $183, $208

I guess $208 is the pit, $183 would be middle, $168 is lawn

That better be for both days
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    After 14 hours the SB date is now n sale (in 11 minutes....hopefully) and people are UPSET that they bought Bay Area tickets and no J5 on the lineup
    Where are you seeing a breakdown of artists/cities. I know some acts are only in certain cities, but haven't seen a breakdown anywhere. While it is possible that J5 does play the Mountain View show, we aren't going to see them "officially" announced for the Mountain View show until after Aug 11 (Outside Lands), RIGHT?! I'm hoping another Coachella/festival vet can confirm this is how it usually works.

Who else remembers a couple years ago when they DID NOT include Lauryn in the bay area date and Snoop in the LA date when the city breakdowns came out? Sure enough, both already had concerts announced in each market, and RTB could not officially promote them at RTB until each had performed their original concert. Both were eventually officially added to Bay and LA shows.

Similar situation last year with Erykah Badu. She was announced for RTB, but had also been announced for OSL. She was NEVER included or announced for the bay date, but most overlooked that and complained when she did not perform at the RTB in the bay. She performed in LA for RTB and SF for OSL only.

I DO NOT remember paying that much for lawn tickets last year, but could be mistaken. One ticket is good for both days.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    Similar situation last year with Erykah Badu. She was announced for RTB, but had also been announced for OSL. She was NEVER included or announced for the bay date, but most overlooked that and complained when she did not perform at the RTB in the bay. She performed in LA for RTB and SF for OSL only.
    did Badu play after Jack White in the woods last year? because I certainly don't remember her on the OSL lineup.

and to to the retards saying they take Coachella or OSL over this...what the fuck. no shit. this is a hip-hop ONLY fest, (aside from a couple acts this year), do you guys post in the EDC thread about how you take other fests over it???

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

oh and I know it's not the first time but fuck GU for having a fucking "festival" at an amphitheatre.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

At these prices & with such little talent, you can bet they will be giving away tickets through promotions like crazy, and they will have Groupon and every other half-price company selling their tickets. Even at that price, it's still too expensive (unless you win free ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

ODB's widow apparently sent a cease and desist letter to RTB. She owns his "likeness" and was never approached by anyone asking permission.

Would post the link but I'm at work on my phone. I think it was on CoS or Pitchfork.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...ock-the-bells/

Says she wants to talk to Wu-Tang first about ODB "returning to the stage". Probably just needs to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...ock-the-bells/

Says she wants to talk to Wu-Tang first about ODB "returning to the stage". Probably just needs to get paid.
    Most definitely, but part of me wishes they would just cut the holograms out and put some original acts on the bill.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    did Badu play after Jack White in the woods last year? because I certainly don't remember her on the OSL lineup.
    My bad, it was 2011, but same situation Billed for LA's RTB and OSL in SF, but most presumed she'd be in Mountain View for RTB. Makes it even more confusing that it was the same year as the Snoop/Lauryn deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    At these prices & with such little talent, you can bet they will be giving away tickets through promotions like crazy, and they will have Groupon and every other half-price company selling their tickets. Even at that price, it's still too expensive (unless you win free ones).
    This probably won't happen sadly. Hiphop heads in LA area will be loyal to RTB for wu-Tang, and J5. It sucks too, because RTB was a must for so many years for me(07-10)

2ND ANNUAL NEW YORK LAUNCH PARTY
    MONDAY, JUNE 24 @ HIGHLINE BALLROOM, NYC
    $25 LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE

ANNOUNCING ARTIST ADDITIONS TO FESTIVAL LINE-UP
    + SURPRISE LIVE PERFORMANCES

So they are having an additional launch party to announce additional adds to RTB. Thats cool I guess.

Possibly related, possibly not; Kings of the Mic tour (LL Cool J w/ Z-Trip, Ice Cube, Public Enemy, De la Soul) hits NY 6/20 and 6/22. Question is, do any (or all) of those guys get announced as being added to RTB? I thought I also heard Yasiin Bey performs in NY the day before (or really close) and is "expected" to also perform at this. Nas IG'd a pic in LA same day as the first launch party and he was nowhere on that announcement, so we'll see.

Any guesses for tomorrows announcement?

Nas helps run GU, that's why he posted the IG pic.

My guess is everyone on the Kings of the Mic Tour, Big Sean, Action Bronson, Maybe ASAP.

I hope we get a curveball like Jay Electronica. Also wouldn't be surprised if French Montana is added lol.
    Last edited by WhyTheLongFace; 06-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Via their FB...

5:55 PST...Just Added to #RockTheBells 2013: Action Bronson, Big Daddy Kane, Deltron 3030 (OFFICIAL), Freeway, Girl Talk, J. Cole, KRS-One

5:58 PST...Just Added to #RockTheBells 2013: Pretty Lights, Pusha T, Rapsody & 9th Wonder, Riff Raff Mad Decent, Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh, Sean P., Smoke Dza, Wale, YG

Rock Meh bells

20+ artists on the LA line up from either RTB 2012 or Paid Dues 2013...

pshh no Deltron in NYC...

ROCK THE BELLS HOSTS SECOND ANNUAL NEW YORK PRESS CONFERENCE AND LAUNCH PARTY AT HIGHLINE BALLROOM
    ARTIST ADDITIONS TO 2013 LINEUP INCLUDE ACTION BRONSON, BIG DADDY KANE, DELTRON 3030, FREDDIE GIBBS, FREEWAY, GIRL TALK, J.COLE, KRS-ONE, PRETTY LIGHTS, PUSHA T, RAPSODY & 9TH WONDER, RIFF RAFF, SLICK RICK & DOUG E. FRESH, SEAN P, SMOKE DZA, WALE, and YG

NEW ALBUMS FROM OVER 20 ROCK THE BELLS ARTISTS INCLUDING EARL SWEATSHIRT, JUICY J, SCHOOLBOY Q, TECH N9NE, WU-TANG CLAN, AND MANY MORE
    The ROCK THE BELLS HIP HOP FESTIVAL SERIES – presented by Boost Mobile in association with Guerilla Union (Paid Dues Independent Hip Hop Festival, Cypress Hill’s SmokeOut) – has announced another round of artist additions to the 2013 lineup. ACTION BRONSON | BIG DADDY KANE | DELTRON 3030 | FREDDIE GIBBS | FREEWAY | GIRL TALK | J. COLE | KRS-ONE | PRETTY LIGHTS | RAPSODY & 9TH WONDER | RIFF RAFF | SLICK RICK & DOUG E. FRESH | SEAN P | SMOKE DZA | WALE AND YG will join previously announced performers on this year’s Rock The Bells Festival Series lineup.

Guerilla Union CEO and founder Chang Weisberg revealed the list of recently-added performers at the second annual Rock The Bells New York Press Conference & Launch Party on June 24th at The Highline Ballroom, where he also let the public in on what new features to expect from this year’s festival. “We’re excited to add to Rock The Bells history by bringing the tour to two never-before-used venues on the east coast. The Infield Festival Grounds at Meadowlands Racetrack has a beautiful, massive grass infield and is just a quick train ride from the heart of Manhattan, making it a perfect location for our festival. Additionally, the Festival Grounds at RFK Stadium in D.C. have a prime, traditional layout with open floor General Admission and VIP standing room, which will make the event flow easy to navigate for our fans.”

Weisberg continues, “It’s also important to acknowledge the gap being bridged between hip hop and EDM. They’re no longer two solitary genres and we’re starting to see major overlap between both styles, especially in areas like LA, NYC, and DMV. Rock The Bells tenth year marks the perfect time to celebrate that influence with acts like Girl Talk, Pretty Lights, Chase & Status and Mimosa. Hip-hop is not one dimensional, it’s actually more diverse than it’s ever been, and I’m glad that we’re able to showcase and celebrate the many different sub-styles of the genre.”

In unprecedented hip-hop history, more than twenty artists on this year’s bill are releasing new albums this year including Curren$y (Pilot Talk III), Danny Brown (Old), Deltron 3030 (Event II), Dom Kennedy (Get Home Safely), Earl Sweatshirt (Doris), Hopsin (Knock Madness), Juicy J (Stay Trippy Mane), Schoolboy Q (Oxymoron), Tech N9ne (Something Else) and many more. Attendees can expect epic performances from Kid Cudi and Tyler the Creator who will both be coming in hot off the success of their recently released projects – Indicud and Wolf – as well as new material off the highly anticipated A Better Tomorrow, the ninth studio album from the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.

Tickets for the ROCK THE BELLS FESTIVAL SERIES are now available in all markets. Fans are encouraged to sign up for the mailing list to receive important announcements and up-to-date information regarding the festival.

ROCK THE BELLS 2013 HIP HOP FESTIVAL SERIES ARTISTS
    ACTION BRONSON* (NY, DC)
    BIG K.R.I.T.
    BLACK HIPPY
    BIG DADDY KANE* (DC)
    BODEGA BAMZ
    BONE THUGS-N-HARMONY
    BROTHER ALI
    CHASE & STATUS
    COMMON*
    CURREN$Y
    DANNY BROWN
    DELTRON 3030* (LA, SF)
    DILATED PEOPLES
    DIZZY WRIGHT
    DOM KENNEDY
    E40 AND TOO SHORT*
    EARL SWEATSHIRT
    FLATBUSH ZOMBIES
    FREDDIE GIBBS
    FREEWAY
    GIRL TALK
    HIT BOY
    HOPSIN
    IMMORTALTECHNIQUE
    J. COLE* (LA, NY, DC)
    JHENE AIKO
    JUICY J*
    JURASSIC 5*
    KID CUDI
    KRS-ONE
    LECRAE
    MIMOSA
    PRETTY LIGHTS* (NY)
    PROF
    PUSHA T
    RAKIM
    RAPSODY & 9TH WONDER* (LA, DC)
    RATKING
    RIFF RAFF
    SEAN P
    SLICK RICK & DOUG E. FRESH
    SNOW THA PRODUCT
    SMOKE DZA
    SUPERNATURAL
    TALIB KWELI*
    TECH N9NE
    TYLER THE CREATOR*
    WALE* (NY, DC)
    WU-TANG CLAN
    YG* (LA, SF)

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Want to go experience OSL over the same RTB experience at the Shoreline, but none of my festival buddies are feeling OSL. Some friends may go who've never gone, so it would be fun to party with them. Then I got to thinking. I'm seriously considering making a trip out to NY for this years RTB. I've been to NY once as a teenager. I'd be great to go back and experience a hip hop concert like RTB there.

I still have the same feelings about it being the same lineup I've seen for the past few years, but I know it'd be a totally different experience going to the NY show.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    Want to go experience OSL over the same RTB experience at the Shoreline, but none of my festival buddies are feeling OSL. Some friends may go who've never gone, so it would be fun to party with them. Then I got to thinking. I'm seriously considering making a trip out to NY for this years RTB. I've been to NY once as a teenager. I'd be great to go back and experience a hip hop concert like RTB there.

I still have the same feelings about it being the same lineup I've seen for the past few years, but I know it'd be a totally different experience going to the NY show.
    There's nothing better than seeing Wu Tang and Rakim playing for their hometown Make it happen!

I'm still waiting for this....

We have a major announcement next week after July 4th weekend!

New artists additions, ticket information, and more! Be on the look out. Make sure you follow us on twitter (@Rockthebells), Facebook (Facebook.com/RocktheBellsFestival) and we’ll be posting more info right here on our blog as well!
    http://www.rockthebells.net/rock-the...b_source=pubv1