Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock the Bells X 2013

Default Re: Rock the Bells X 2013

Has anyone been to RTB VIP-style in the past? Thinking about grabbing some one-day VIP tickets just to get a close spot for the Wu. But I can't seem to get a clear answer if these VIP pits are actually up close or if they're one of those BS "to the side and way far back" VIP deals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Which venue are you thinking about going to?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew86 View Post
    Which venue are you thinking about going to?
    The NY (well, NJ) venue. Though I'd be curious to hear details about past VIP experiences at any venue!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfeathers View Post
    Has anyone been to RTB VIP-style in the past? Thinking about grabbing some one-day VIP tickets just to get a close spot for the Wu. But I can't seem to get a clear answer if these VIP pits are actually up close or if they're one of those BS "to the side and way far back" VIP deals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I had a VIP pass in 2011. This is the first time they're having Rock the Bells NY at Meadowlands Racetrack (http://www.rockthebells.net/venues/n...nds-racetrack/) so I don't know if it'll be the same. But in the past when RTB took place @ Governor's Island & Randall's Island, there's a separate barricaded VIP "Pit" section in front of the stages. Since it'll be Wu's 20th anniversary show, I'm sure it'll be worth the money! There's also air-conditioned lounge if you want to rest your feet a little bit and better food options! I got a comp ticket so I'll see you there

11/19 Deafheaven @ MHOW
    11/20 Nils Frahm @ Glasslands
    11/21 Joy Orbison/Ben UFO @ ?
    11/22 Adam X @ Bossa Nova

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I had a VIP pass in 2011. This is the first time they're having Rock the Bells NY at Meadowlands Racetrack (http://www.rockthebells.net/venues/n...nds-racetrack/) so I don't know if it'll be the same. But in the past when RTB took place @ Governor's Island & Randall's Island, there's a separate barricaded VIP "Pit" section in front of the stages. Since it'll be Wu's 20th anniversary show, I'm sure it'll be worth the money! There's also air-conditioned lounge if you want to rest your feet a little bit and better food options! I got a comp ticket so I'll see you there
    Nice! Thanks for the reply! I don't know why RTB is so vague on VIP pit details. Then again, I guess most festivals are.

Crazy to think this could be the Wu's last show...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    The line-up is pretty mediocre if you've been attending RTB the past few years. I'm excited to see who they might add later though...

ps Mos Def is playing in Central Park for free on 6/24 so maybe he'll join Talib for Black Star?

this would be a dream come true...plus common will be there so maybe some respiration? def upset del wont be...this will be my first RTB, pretty excited to FINALLY see WU. got a 2 day pass but probably going alone on Saturday...would be kinda sweet to meet some coachella peeps out there.

also, this sucks! http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servl...=MeadowlandsTo

Rock The Bells Cancels Remaining 2013 Dateshttp://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...t-of-2013-tour

I'm sure this is laughable to many around here, but I was planning on a special trip out to NY for that show this year. I'm pretty bummed.

My trip is still planned so I'm still going, but anybody have any leads on other shows/events a hip hop/RTB fan like myself would enjoy around next weekend?
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty