Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - WEEKEND 1 PEOPLE, POST YOUR SECURITY/CONSFICATION EXPERIENCES HERE

Default 2013 - WEEKEND 1 PEOPLE, POST YOUR SECURITY/CONSFICATION EXPERIENCES HERE

I'm going weekend 2 and it would help many of us to know how easy/hard security is this year. Any info is appreciated.

How are the searches for shuttle riders? How bout the cars? Camping?

Anyone have trouble at the gates?

Post experiences here. Thanks

Lurker

Default Re: 2013 - WEEKEND 1 PEOPLE, POST YOUR SECURITY/CONSFICATION EXPERIENCES HERE

last year some camping searches were comical...do you have drugs,liquor ect. some people actually said yes and had to give it up. air box under hood was good til I posted it here.

Exclamation Re: 2013 - WEEKEND 1 PEOPLE, POST YOUR SECURITY/CONSFICATION EXPERIENCES HERE

After red hot chilli peppers, I really needed water, like really really needed it, but for some really stupid reason the security decided to shut down every water booth and did not give water to anyone anywhere. There was NO way to get water. I feel like I almost died. One of my friends walked into a water booth to just try to grab a bottle for me but some douchebag security guard was just like hey you can't be in here. Gtfo. When my friend said "please, my friend really really needs water right now, I'll even pay you double," the guy said "no they are counted for. We still need them." My friend begged and begged but the guy was just like, "do u want me to call security?" The staff there really don't care if anyone dies. Really.

Default Re: 2013 - WEEKEND 1 PEOPLE, POST YOUR SECURITY/CONSFICATION EXPERIENCES HERE

Yes, the not letting you take water bottles out or IN the beer garden was a fucking joke.

didn't care the first time I brought my full bottle o' water the first day into the charging tent, second day, the fascists were all "YOU CAN'T BRING THAT IN HERE"

fuck the police

we cant take water in/out of anywhere (tents/gardens/etc)?!

Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    we cant take water in/out of anywhere (tents/gardens/etc)?!
    No you can't. They are money hungry bitches. Sometimes they will let it slide, but most of the time it's like, dump it out, dump it out, and nope not selling water anymore, too bad. Your fucked and no you can't have water NO MATTER how much you beg.

that's lame as shit. Well good thing I have my own water...but am i allowed to take my water from camp to the grounds? If you say no...that's bs

yes but that's weird. do you need Coachella festival water back at your tent for some reason?

No I mean I've got cases of bottle water that I alraedy have so I'm just going to be bringing them with me to the camp/festival. So if I'm not allowed to take my water INTO the festival that'd be stupid as hell, good for their business, but bad for my wallet/health if I am literlaly forced into paying for water, when they'll actually SELL it to me.

I had no issue bringing a bottle of water from camp to fest. But I also don't look like someone who might have filled it full of drugs. They've always stopped selling inside after the last act, because they want people to gtfo. You can still buy water at camp, or use the filling stations, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Girls searched guys this year. I've never had that happen/seen that before.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

were they at least manly looking? Cause I've been to dozens of concerts/events over the years and also never witnessed this.

there are plenty of places to refill your EMPTY water bottles everywhere with clean, fresh, moderately cool water.

According to the the smashed cans of beer and so many people with the Camelpaks up in the festival, it seems like if you're not confiscating your whatever into the Polo Grounds, you're not doing it right.

Ended up getting water at the camp. Only one place I saw to refill, but if you already walked to a water booth on the opposite side after the last show, there's no way you can make it back, especially if you're really dehydrated. Some people waking were nice enough to give me some water too, but others really had a dick up their asses. I really hoped they would have another show after red hot, but they did not. Honestly, they should ALWAYS be selling water in the festival. There really are no excuses to have no water stands open. The final walk back is really long too, and really dusty. Really security, HOW convenient.

Shuttle searches were much more chill this year. Probably because last year it was all cops doing searches, this year it was yellow shirts. I saw weed getting taken away from people who were too dumb to hide it. One guy had a glass jar of weed taken away. How dumb do you have to be to take a big glass jar of weed in your backpack?
    Anyways, from what I saw they just confiscated shit and let you go on your way.
    Be smarter and you'll probably be fine.

A lady security guard grabbed my dick when she searched me. Like, not just a grazing, but a purposeful squeeze.

Also, they made me throw away an unopened bag of sunflower seeds. "NO OUTSIDE FOOD!" they shouted at me until I tossed it. Assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    A lady security guard grabbed my dick when she searched me. Like, not just a grazing, but a purposeful squeeze.

Also, they made me throw away an unopened bag of sunflower seeds. "NO OUTSIDE FOOD!" they shouted at me until I tossed it. Assholes.
    don't act like you didn't like it...and you shoulda told them, "it's not food, I'm going to grow sunflowers ma~n. Im'a make this my garden bro"

You naggers best take some muthafrackin' Pedialyte, or bitches be clownin' the next mornin

searches got progressively more thorough as the weekend wore on; which is par for the course. friday it seemed like they were being far more thorough with the girls than the guys. i got in within 10 minutes during a peak time; my girlfriend and her friend took 40 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

they got more hiding places...got check them thoroughly yo

it was still thorough but it was nothing like the strip searches of 2012. i was never in line for more than 5 mins all three days (parking lot 2, pink path). kudos to gv for addressing the issue. most of security was polite as well. the guys at the pink path were all business but not afraid to be friendly.

i did have one experience worth mentioning but more on a personal note. there was one cuntface working the yellow path checkpoint early AM saturday. white dude, somewhere in his 20's or 30's, poorly inked tough guy dagger tattoo with ribbon and words on right inside forearm, looked and acted ex-millitary/police. extremely condescending and rude while i was nothing but polite to him. he was intentionally trying to get a rise out of me and though i was starting to rage on the inside i had my pokerface on, knowing if i gave him any attitude whatsoever he'd likely use it as an excuse to send me home. there weren't any witnesses close by except maybe one girl. anyway fuck that guy.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Yes, the not letting you take water bottles out or IN the beer garden was a fucking joke.
    Agreed. I had a water bottle in my hand heading to Sahara beer garden and they made me chug it. My homie bought a water bottle with his beer and they made him chug or dump on the way out. But when I put a bottle in my back pocket, due to the clusterfuck, i could get it in and out no problem. Just don't have it in your hands, and be prepared to chug.

And also, I was in the 90 min wait on Friday till people started chanting "LET US IN!" They started waving people in, no pat down, even with backpacks. But I roll thru with my gear in my hat ready for inspection, and some Lance Armstrong bike get up looking security dbag stops me to look in my pack of American Spirits. REALLY? You let everyone through, its a clusterfuck, and you have to stop me to look at my cigarettes?

Forreal. A joke.

lol that chant reminds me of the Epicenter show last year at Verizon Wireless when the show was over we were all trying to leave and this short fattie of a security guard was yelling at us to stop because of a truck that was "coming" to get the equipment was coming up the hill. Eventually everyone stopped but then after like 5 minutes we were like WTF, and people were shouting/chanting etc, some people started to go. And after like maybe 10 minutes a truck finally passed then I was shouted
    "RUN FOR IT!!!!!!" and the entire crowd ran down the hill and the poor security guy was still screaming at us to stop because they were supposed to be mroe trucks or something (there wasn't though) and the Live Nation workers were giving us high fives and shit on the way out. Was hilarious.

First time going into the festival on Friday was fucking insane. The lines were running all the way into the camp grounds. We jogged over to the entrance near the Sahara side and it was completely empty.

One search I had my dick grabbed by the dude which was completely uncalled for.

Another search I had a frozen bottle of water with the lid on and they made me throw it away, while my friend who was in the same line (2 guards per line) right next to me, was able to bring his in.

Most searches were a complete fucking joke. I had a knife in my pocket by accident (was using it in the camp site and forgot to empty pockets before going in) and I just palmed it with my wallet and they didn't say anything.

Thats the second time i've heard of dudes getting their junk searched. Are our crotches no longer the best place to stash? I've been stashing my stuff in my shoes and crotch for years with no problems. Should I be rethinking my hiding places this weekend?
    Weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneWentWest View Post
    Thats the second time i've heard of dudes getting their junk searched. Are our crotches no longer the best place to stash? I've been stashing my stuff in my shoes and crotch for years with no problems. Should I be rethinking my hiding places this weekend?
    I've seen a few other posts on the forum today with people experiencing the same thing.. it happened to one of my buddies too, and my GF had her boobs cupped by a chick too.. total violation.

I hid a lot of shit in my shoe and I didn't ever get asked to take my shoes off, and never saw anyone else take their shoes off either. I have a hidden compartment on my backpack that worked fine for the main security checkpoint (had 2 pocket knives in it) so if you have really good hidden compartments on your backpack, that might work too. Not really worth outlining all the other possibilities here on the forum in case security reads them.

We had our tent stakes taken out of the trunk. It was like the security guy didn't give a shit about ANYTHING but that. All he did was open the trunk, ask where our tent was, pull it apart to remove the stakes. We asked him why and he shrugged and said, "All they said was that you're not supposed to have the metal ones. Buy plastic ones in the campgrounds. The metal ones can be used for violence."

Used for violence? If someone wants to commit an act of violence, they'll do it with our without some damn stakes. How about just running someone over with a car? Sheesh.

Saw a guy get caught throwing a glowstick over the fence to his buddy who made it inside. The security manager laughed his ass off and told him there was no reason to smuggle light sticks this year.

We arrived at car camping about 11:00am on Friday. We pull into the second line and one of my friends hops out to walk up to the front to scope out security. He discovers that our line is being searched very thoroughly and that they were spending three times as long on each car. So we pulled out of line and got to the end of the previous line. Moved super fast, just flew through the line. Meanwhile, the original line we were in was at a stand still. When it was our turn, we immediately brought out the tony keg that I stupidly packed and pointed out that we made a mistake and we didn't think it was allowed. They laughed and said, "Thanks! I'll be taking that!" We joked that we really brought it for them and we won them over.

Walking from the campsite to the festival, on day one, they barely glanced in my bag I was taking to my locker for the weekend. I had water right there and everything. By Sunday they felt more strict though asking me to take tissue out of my pocket and checking under my husband's hat.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

I just want to know if I can bring beer in like if I was coming from a hotel. Can it be brought in to the camp sights? Or is there il even security into camping or is it just at stage gates