Thread: 4/16: Check Yo Ponytail 2 @ Echoplex w/Salva, The Gaslamp Killer, Thundercat+guests

Default 4/16: Check Yo Ponytail 2 @ Echoplex w/Salva, The Gaslamp Killer, Thundercat+guests

"Weve been teasing you for weeks about the secret guests for Check Yo Ponytail 2 with Salva, The Gaslamp Killer, and Franki Chan. There are many artist who have now been locked in that will remain a secret until the day of the show due to Coachella stipulations but we are pleased to announce the addition of Thundercat to the line up!"

I'm in LA 4/14-4/21 and sadly can't make it to Coachella. I'm planning to take advantage of the so-called Localchella happening in the city and definitely intend to attend this show. My guesses for guests are TNGHT (just cancelled NYC show for 4/16), Flying Lotus/Captain Murphy, and Pusha T (though Salva denied it on twitter). I was hoping y'all could speculate and not tear me to pieces. The CYP twitter has been posting darkened photos as hints and my google images results for the aforementioned guesses did not line up. Anyone here care to take a guess based on the following images/other?

twitpic.com/cie74l
    https://twitter.com/checkyoponytail/...040384/photo/1

Default Re: 4/16: Check Yo Ponytail 2 @ Echoplex w/Salva, The Gaslamp Killer, Thundercat+gues

dog blood. that's boys noize
    Last edited by tmac; 04-10-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Default Re: 4/16: Check Yo Ponytail 2 @ Echoplex w/Salva, The Gaslamp Killer, Thundercat+gues

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    dog blood. that's boys noize
    Input appreciated! Journalism student here... sources?

just an educated guess

That's David Bowie. You can tell from the head and body and shit.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

holy shit they got Beyonce?

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

WHO WEARS HATS?!?! COME ON!!!!!
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

RT @salva two of my most special guests for @checkyoponytail have the same first name

Diplo's 1st name is Thomas
    1/2 of Daft Punk's first name is Thomas
    Kaaaaast

Don't even!

https://www.facebook.com/events/472537159472491/

They have more pics of the secret guests on the Facebook Event.
    Hint #1 is definitely R.L. Grime: http://www.themusicninja.com/wp-cont.../rl-grime2.png
    Pretty positive that Hint #3 is Shlohmo.
    And the most recent hint looks like Skrillex if you ask me..... Skrillex is tight with the whole Wedidit crowd (Shlohmo, R.L. Grime, Groundislava, D33J).
    I'd be pretty stoked to see Skrill Skrill at the Echo.... hahaha

So it's

RL Grime
    Shlohmo
    Skrillex
    Boys Noize

And one more
    Kaaaaast

SGP

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

SET TIMES: 8-845 @FrankiChan, 845-930 @Groundislava, 945-1030 @Thundercatbass, 1040-1110 SECRET, 1115-1PM @GASLAMPKILLER + @Salva + SECRETS!
    Kaaaaast