Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mormons

Default Re: Mormons

Cool I wanna play too! Coming all the way from the Mormon Mecca (SLC) to sing primary songs and party my fucking face off!! Yay weekend two!

"Smart, smart, smart, smart, smart," "Dumb, Dumb Dumb"

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Well, I see where you're coming from in that statement. I did get the letter saying that I can't cash in on the celestial kingdom promises. I just feel bad for those dead people I was baptized for.

If being Mormon makes someone the best version of them self, then it's great that their testimony lead them to that church. I haven't met a lot of mean Mormons. Isn't that more important, on an individual level, than "reptilianism"?
    I've met a ton of nice people in just about every "minority group." Does that mean they're good, or right? In some cases, sure. There are a lot of truly good and cool Mormons who have faith in their religion, which is a lot more than I can say for followers of certain more popular sects. The people holding the reigns aren't the people we all meet. Mormonism is a variant of Masonism, but with a more open membership, as it can't hurt your credibility to have a faithful following. Not necessarily trying to pigeonhole Mormons either. It's the industry standard. Let the know-nothings follow your rules and make up the collective face of your cause while you sit back and reap the spoils.

Zafo is right...I have deep roots in Mormonism. My dad is a first generation black sheep of LDS. My fore father (Luman Shurtliff -google it) was hand picked by Joseph Smith to be in his "army". I have been in a temple for a guided tour, I have read many many books and researched Mormonism more than any other religion. When I first found out the truth I tried to tell my LDS family members and they are seriously blind to it (to put it nicely). I love Mormons. They mean well. But, generally,they have been fed lies....

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupmandy View Post
    Zafo is right...I have deep roots in Mormonism. My dad is a first generation black sheep of LDS. My fore father (Luman Shurtliff -google it) was hand picked by Joseph Smith to be in his "army". I have been in a temple for a guided tour, I have read many many books and researched Mormonism more than any other religion. When I first found out the truth I tried to tell my LDS family members and they are seriously blind to it (to put it nicely). I love Mormons. They mean well. But, generally,they have been fed lies....
    At least you got out alive. Knock on wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"