Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jubilee 2013 - Formerly Silverlake Jubilee, now in DTLA Arts District - June 7 & 8

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Jubilee 2013 - Formerly Silverlake Jubilee, now in DTLA Arts District - June 7 &

Cara, i'll see what i can do about getting out of work on the early side that day so you can drop your stuff off in our place and we can immediately start drinking. We are super close to Union Station, basically right in between there and the venue.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Default Re: Jubilee 2013 - Formerly Silverlake Jubilee, now in DTLA Arts District - June 7 &

Sweet! I usually start drinking on the megabus when it stops in Buttonwillow at 11 for lunch so...yeah. Megabus.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Bought a ticket for this. I would like to die with all you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

I would also like to die with you all. NAU!

COME TO OUR HOUSE, BOARDIES! COME TO IT! I just bought a case of wine and we might have leftovers from our beer nerd thing. [I'll let Andrew figure out who's too creepy to stay over. Since it looks like 5 people so far, occupying bed, air mattress, couch, you guys might want to think about bringing something to sleep on. The floor is cement.]
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

Going alone on Saturday, who wants to hang and watch Salva with me?

The VIP prices are crazy for this. I didn't look at the perks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

VIP is open bar and some other perks. You can get VIP for $100 on some site that was posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MissBellaHell View Post
    COME TO OUR HOUSE, BOARDIES! COME TO IT! I just bought a case of wine and we might have leftovers from our beer nerd thing. [I'll let Andrew figure out who's too creepy to stay over. Since it looks like 5 people so far, occupying bed, air mattress, couch, you guys might want to think about bringing something to sleep on. The floor is cement.]
    I'm way too creepy to stay over, but I'll drink your wine . Me and Jorge will, I did not know you posted on these boards Heather.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Going alone on Saturday, who wants to hang and watch Salva with me?
    I'll watch Salva with you for sure. Salva is awesome, his set at the echoplex last summer was a blast.

HIIIIIIIIIIII! Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post, more lately because I am so excited about QOTSA tonight and all the awesome DTLA shit coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by MissBellaHell View Post
    HIIIIIIIIIIII! Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post, more lately because I am so excited about QOTSA tonight and all the awesome DTLA shit coming up.
    I'm jealous about the QOTSA show. I do not have the energy to make the drive to LA and back tonight, but I'm planning on going to the Gibson show.

The Friday of this festival is fucking awesome. I recommend Pangea to all who aren't familiar. Definitely my favorite local band, I've seen them more times than I can count at this point.

Also, I saw Bleached recently and they have gotten significantly better live over the past year. Total blast.

Yeah, they have a nice surf/garage vibe happening. I'll most likely be at that stage (Sunset) all night on Friday. Obliterations! Bleached! Trash Talk!

I can't for the life of me figure out the Comedy Schedule for this thing. The interactive schedule thing just tells me that Joe Sib will be there.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Yeah, i don't think they've broken that down at all yet
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

What an incredibly fun past few days this has been. Great location, plenty of space to move around, good crowd, just great all around.

Will definitely go back next year.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

How the hell did I miss this? Ah well, next time. Looks like it was fun!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Oh my gawd...
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Yea, I'm lame. But to be fair, I had plans. So, yea...
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Oh sorry, wasn't directed towards you, would've been cool to see you but heather mentioned you weren't gonna make it. I had a blast. Don't remember much but I do have pictures of a certain drunken tall guy. Pregaming at Villians is dangerous.

Indeed it is! Love that place.

Hated missing you guys.

It was....fairly epic, Mike. Yes indeedy.

I finally got my pictures from the weekend up! Really amazing neighborhood festival - i hope they're able to it again, and I hope that space gets utilized more for other music events.

Theblack & Thewhite

Yellow Red Sparks

Pangea

Incan Abraham

Obliterations

Oh Boy Les Mecs

Bleached

Black Lips

Western Lows

Beat Club

NO

The Dead Ships

Tapioca & The Flea

DWNTWN

Data Romance

Calvin Love

Way more on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewm...th/9064413038/
    last.fm