Thread: Anyone Flying/Driving from New Jersey?

Default Anyone Flying/Driving from New Jersey?

whats up guys?
    I'm seriously thinkin about headin out from Jersey, if anyone wants in or is still just kickin around the idea let me know.

Lurker

Default Re: Anyone Flying/Driving from New Jersey?

I was planning on finding a flight from jersey or philly to coachella. I just sold my car, but driving with a few people would end up being a lot cheaper than flying.

Yea i hear ya, I've been checking flights, they're not too bad only like $300 which isn't bad especially if you camp onsite instead of payin for a hotel.

I'm planning to fly from ny to san francisco and I checked online and the flight does cost around $300. How cheaper will it be if we drive all the way to coachella?

im looking into both still.. i figure the more people i get going the cheaper.. and more fun it will be to drive! i was thinking renting an rv would be cool but i'd like to stay on site so i guess that may be out

Lurker

I found a lot of plane tickets from Delta from Newark or Philly for $235. Carpooling is only economically worth it for 3 or more people, depending on sleeping arrangements. For those interested, New Jersey to Cochella = 3,000 miles (give or take) riding in a car that gets roughly 30 miles a gallon (give or take) gas is $2 (give or take) that means at least $200 of gas each way. Plus lodging, lets say two days driving solid (all day/night driving in shifts) Plus food 30-50 a person makes it about $180 for 3 people $150 for 4 $130 for 5 and anymore (unless someone has a van) makes it way too uncomfortable. The other issue is time. I'm not sure I can miss five days of classes(at least) to go to the show. The festival is going to be amazing, but not amazing enough for me to start loosing credit and loose my scholarship.

where was the plane going to? LA? and how are you getting from where it lands to the show?
    Last edited by realfawn; 01-24-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: adding

I'm down to fly from jersey or NY, i believe that palms springs is the closest airport to coachella, about 18 miles away. I found tickets from Philly to Palm Springs for about $305. I don't know if I can get any of my idiot friends to get their crap together soon enough to go with me so if anyone is lookin for a travelin partner or people to hang with when they get out there let me know.

Carpools from NJ Contact me, Ill be travelling with one other.

im trying to get a group together.. im not sure if we are flying to la or palm springs and im not sure if it will be 2 of us or 4.. one of my friends wants to wait to see the bonaroo line up before she decides what to do.. lame, i know! haha! but i'm definitely up for meeting up to rent a car or taxi or something to get to the show!

im flying from NY. i havent booked flights yet but im planning on leaving thursday afternoon or evening. (maybe even morning cos im paranoid about getting a shitty camp spot but then i'd have to skip my classes eh). anyway my main problem is that i dont drive and have no idea how to get from the airport (dont know which one im flying to yet) to the festival grounds.

im thinking if some of us are flying to the same airport around the same time, we could chip in for a cab? split the price n all that and it'll be cheaper.

crooked, keep me posted on when and where your flying into. It sounds like you have the same gameplan I have right now and I might be goin to this show alone, so I'm definitely down to hitch a cab with you from the airport.

yeah keep me posted too! im not sure where and when im flying yet but hopefully thursday afternoon.. im up for sharing a cab too

Lurker

I'm flying into LAX thurday night 7pm. I dont have a ride to Coachella, but if anyone wants to go in a U-Haul van, that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a cab. If we can get a group of people together, U-Haul would be the way to go.

i should be flying from philly to denver..then roadtriping with two friends from there.

im up for the van! my friends are dropping off like flies! i still have hope for one of them to come with me.. so it would be cool to meet up with you guys!

I'm flying in from dirty jerz

yo guys, I found this site about getting from LA to Coachella. Just thought it might be useful, we're lookin at a 150 mile roadtrip from LAX to coachella. It looks like the best bet is to fly into Palm Springs if you can since its only about 25 miles to Coachella from there.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4100738AA6pKXw

all of my friends are too broke to go, i already bought ticks. so i wanna chill with someone while im down there. who's camping?

Dulles->Salt Lake City->Ontario

All that for $243! Not too shabby...

im pretty sure my friend and i are driving now.. we are making a vacation out of it.. hit up some south cali surfing and stuff so if anyone is looking for rides from the airport or whatever let me know.. and we will be camping too so anyone who wants to chillax with us is more than welcome!

I am flying from JFK or La Guardia, you can get cheap flights to Vegas and it's only 3.5 hours away. I have also done the fly in/out of Palm Springs, a good option but you don't get the mini road trip and you spend an extra $100.

i compared prices btw vegas vs san diego on continental (i have points i can use) it was cheaper overall to go to san diego via jfk and renting a car, with a shorter drive.

wow this is an old thread. and my plans definitely changed from late january to april..i didnt fly into denver OR roadtrip. --^

i was reading this forum and figured i will help you guys out i live in palm springs, there is other airport that's half ways Ontario international airport it is sometimes more cheaper to land there then palm springs. you guys might wanna check out those prices