Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 610

Thread: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

  1. #301
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    So far this is one of my favorite festival line ups of the year.

  2. #302
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,881

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    single days are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  3. #303
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,400

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Probably won't know u.til its official on the poster.
    Or you just ask on their Facebook. Whoever runs that is really good about answering questions.

    Anyways, I just asked. It's a DJ set unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  4. #304

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    I am going. This lineup is insane. Very excited. I would be interested in seeing 70% of the bands, so there are going to be definite conflicts.
    2006 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

  5. #305
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Or you just ask on their Facebook. Whoever runs that is really good about answering questions.

    Anyways, I just asked. It's a DJ set unfortunately.
    I think a DJ set will still be cool.

  6. #306
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Just a heads up...

    One thing we do want to let you know: Mountain Oasis VIP Passes have been a hot item this year and they are almost all gone. There's a good chance they sell out sometime this week or during the weekend and we don't want you to be surprised, so consider this a heads up.

    8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  7. #307
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    So far this is one of my favorite festival line ups of the year.
    That's how I feel. I'm looking forward to this more than anything else right now.

  8. #308
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    I can't wait either, Asheville was one my most favorite towns I ever visited when I went to Moog fest and I got to shake hands with Brian Eno! It was an amazing time.

  9. #309
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    When does it start and finish each day? This is such an amazing lineup. I started researching more names last night and i'm just blown away by the talent.
    I'm enjoying the hell out of Robert DeLong and Autre Ne Veut.

  10. #310
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,556

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    This thing is harder and harder to resist.

    NIN, GYBE, Ulrich Schnauss, Gary Numan, Silver Apples... any older acts on there I might have missed?

  11. #311
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,499

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    When does it start and finish each day? This is such an amazing lineup. I started researching more names last night and i'm just blown away by the talent.
    I'm enjoying the hell out of Robert DeLong and Autre Ne Veut.
    I love love love Aute Ne Veut's album from this year. Still need to listen to Robert DeLong.

    Based on the 2012 schedule (with 5 stages) music started around 7:00 and ended around 2:00am. The 2011 schedule, with a few extra stages, most stages started around 6 or 7ish, with a couple acts starting at 4:30ish.

    So... take that information as you will.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    This thing is harder and harder to resist.

    NIN, GYBE, Ulrich Schnauss, Gary Numan, Silver Apples... any older acts on there I might have missed?
    Neutral Milk Hotel, for one. They need no introduction.

    Another I would recommend is Daniel Johnston. He is an "outsider" recording artist that has earned himself a large and loyal cult following. He also has a documentary made about himself called "The Devil and Daniel Johnston." Kurt Cobain mentioned Daniel Johnston was one of his favourite recording artists of all time in a large number of interviews back in the day. Most of his music is incredibly lo-fi and it is just him and an acoustic guitar. His songs resemble pop music, but are broken and fractured in a way that turns off some listeners, while drawing others in. His lyrics are incredibly person, sometimes goofy, but mostly just intense, dark, and incredibly heart-breaking. I have had 2 chances to see Daniel Johnston in the past and I missed both of them and regret it to this day. I was so excited to see his name on the line up and he is a big part of me deciding to go to this fest.
    Last edited by rage patton; 06-12-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  12. #312
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Thanks Josh. When can we expect set times/stages?

    I'm already starting to consider missing Neutral Milk Hotel since i've seen Mangum 3 times already and there is plenty of other awesomeness to explore music wise at this festival.

    Also, did we have the VIP discussion already? Should I regret getting regular tix?

  13. #313
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,881

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Last year fest started ~7 and went to 2am
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  14. #314
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,556

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    I'll look Daniel Johnston up, thanks Josh.

    Neutral Milk Hotel doesn't do much for me, and I get to work security for their show in my town come October.

    I know in the past they've had some old krautrock/electronic figures (people from Cluster a couple years back), I was curious about that this year

  15. #315
    Member know ID ya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    418

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Another I would recommend is Daniel Johnston. He is an "outsider" recording artist that has earned himself a large and loyal cult following. He also has a documentary made about himself called "The Devil and Daniel Johnston." Kurt Cobain mentioned Daniel Johnston was one of his favourite recording artists of all time in a large number of interviews back in the day. Most of his music is incredibly lo-fi and it is just him and an acoustic guitar. His songs resemble pop music, but are broken and fractured in a way that turns off some listeners, while drawing others in. His lyrics are incredibly person, sometimes goofy, but mostly just intense, dark, and incredibly heart-breaking. I have had 2 chances to see Daniel Johnston in the past and I missed both of them and regret it to this day. I was so excited to see his name on the line up and he is a big part of me deciding to go to this fest.
    Daniel Johnston is also mentally challenged. All he understands is writing songs about lost love, and they are some of the most amazing songs ever written. Don't expect to see a rock star on stage. He is a large man wearing sweat pants and a dirty tee-shirt, but he is the most endearing musician you'll ever see live.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

    1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

  16. #316
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Do you think there's any chance of Hawkwind being added to this for the 27th?

  17. #317
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Last year fest started ~7 and went to 2am
    I am hoping this year that it starts like an hour early. That would still give me plenty of time to have an early dinner each night and see moar acts.

  18. #318
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    They just confirmed How To Dress Well on their fb page.

  19. #319
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    They added Baths.

  20. #320
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,148

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Anyone know how many stages they have for this?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

  21. #321
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    They use five venues

  22. #322
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,881

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    5 or 6?

    Arena - USCellular
    Large Theater - Thomas Wolfe
    Club - Orange Peel
    Small club - Asheville Music Hall
    Small theater - Diane Wortham

    I thought they had shows at the Grey Eagle but i don't remember it bding on the schedule last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  23. #323
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    So the outdoor stage is completely gone?

    I remember the year I went, I went to a couple of music/film events at the movie theater.

  24. #324
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,499

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    5 venues. No outdoor stage.

    http://mountainoasisfestival.com/venues/
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  25. #325
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,400

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Bondax cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  26. #326
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    I'm sad about Bondax but glad about Big Black Delta being added!

  27. #327
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Claude VonStroke added to Friday!!!

    Now this an add I really am looking forward to!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  28. #328
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Really looking forward to his set.

  29. #329
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival



    so good.... how is he live?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  30. #330
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Mountain Oasis Music Festival

    Claude Von Stroke is going to be there? I don't se him on the lineup. That's a good add but these conflicts are just getting worse.

Similar Threads

  1. Taos Mountain Music Festival Tickets
    By tmmf09 in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:08 AM
  2. Taos Mountain Music Festival (New Mexico)
    By faxman75 in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
  3. Flaming Lips playing McDowell Mountain Music Fest
    By punkgirl in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
  4. OASIS to headline Virgin Festival in Toronto, in September.
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
  5. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •