Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

I second the barrier/ soundboard comments. Even things like the speaker towers can be good if you get up next to the barrier on the side. Any empty space between you and the next row of people will help with the sightline. I have a short gf as well and we usually end up shuffling around a couple times a set so she can see, but it's really not a big deal.

Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

Hey, 6'4 here. I know a LOT of tall girls!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I went with a short girl to the NIN headline set, the one with all the uncontrollable crowd swirling and movement, and all you could see was her little eyes looking up from a dark hole. "Hold on!".
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    1. Get on the rail or close to the rail for the acts you and her really want to see. Stay there for a couple sets.
    2. During the day, have her wear some comfortable heels or platform shoes. Even an inch or two helps.
    3. Change into more comfortable shoes at night

why the hell isn't his question for short girls themselves? Don't worry about your height.
    Even the most comfortable heels when it's smoking hot outside (feet will swell) and walking around all day would be a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Hey, 6'4 here. I know a LOT of tall girls!
    I'm 6'6" all girls are short to me. I would have dated a tall girl or a taller girl happily... but it just wasn't in the cards.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Yea, that's why I like taking off and rolling solo...not having to worry about someone complaining about what they can't do or see is annoying.

You prob have to just show up to shows REAL early so you are close to the stage, but even then it's not a guarantee unless you are on the rail
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Yea, that's why I like taking off and rolling solo...not having to worry about someone complaining about what they can't do or see is annoying.

You prob have to just show up to shows REAL early so you are close to the stage, but even then it's not a guarantee unless you are on the rail
    I think it's pretty much established there's plenty of things one can do without going to the rail. I only made this topic to ask because as a tall person I've never given a fuck about what my friends can or can't see. And they certainly don't seem to give a fuck either because they are the ones pushing to be in the spot we wind up in where usually only I can see...

But I'm thinking of my GF because this trip is all about her. I want everything to revolve around her having a great time including being able to view the bands properly.

So I'm putting some effort into trying to make a periscope for my gf this weekend lol

In front of the sound booth is credited

as FUCK. Go there and prosper young brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I want everything to revolve around her.
    There is your first problem brother.

For being a tall bro , you sound beta as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    There is your first problem brother.

For being a tall bro , you sound beta as fuck
    So Beta that I stole her from her Beta 1-minute man husband. She's never been to a music festival or a huge concert so I'm wanting this to be an experience she'll never forget. There's nothing Beta about wanting to treat your lady to the time of her life.

There's nothing Beta about wanting to be sure you both have a good time.

So Beta that I stole her from her Beta 1-minute man husband. She's never been to a music festival or a huge concert so I'm wanting this to be an experience she'll never forget. There's nothing Beta about wanting to treat your lady to the time of her life.

So beta that you're easily trolled.

Have a good time at the festival brother

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    So beta that you're easily trolled.

Have a good time at the festival brother
    Please be Hulk Hogan, that would be far too amusing.

Also, lemons

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I would go for the soundboard if I were you. Im 6'6" and my wife is 5'6" and she has never really had a problem seeing from that. I also don't block people.

Whatever you do though, don't try to push past people to get to the front so your girlfriend can see. That is a dick move no matter how short your girlfriend is. If I get to a set early, I have no problem standing near the front, no matter how short the people behind me. I will never push my way through to the front though.
    Does it still feel a bit funny saying "my wife" ? cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I am 5'0 and wish I had a tall buddy to at least stand behind me.

For laughs, and a bit of insight as to what us shorty's have to deal with at every fucking concert ever (P.S. Thanks, group of 6'10 douchey bags who insisted on standing-NOT moving or dancing, but just STANDING- in front of me and around me at Cut Copy and closed me in and didn't let me out.. for the best show turned worst nightmare EVER)...
    http://www.everywhereist.com/the-lif...ing-a-concert/

And then I suggest a periscope.

No joke.

Someone else suggested it on another thread somewhere, and I took it to heart and made one. It's better than making a tall person feel bad for being tall, and MUCH better for hating oneself and God for being short. You can google how to make one out of a box and a couple mirrors, or buy one for like $15, but it's a little heavy. I'm sure she would LOVE the gesture, it'll make you look real sweet. You can even decorate it all cool.

That way, you can both stand wherever you like.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Please be Hulk Hogan, that would be far too amusing.

A little high strung. Just relax and take it in. If things don't go as planned, they weren't meant to be. My experiences at Coachella have always exceeded my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    A little high strung. Just relax and take it in. If things don't go as planned, they weren't meant to be. My experiences at Coachella have always exceeded my expectations.
    I worry and obsess over every detail until I get there. Then all the carefully laid plans unravel and nothing goes the way I wanted and I have an amazing time 6 Coachellas going on 7.

But if I can try and make sure she has a better time, I'm gonna fuckin' try

OP is beta as fuck.

i'm 6'2" my GF is 5' even. we've worked out this great system that goes like this:

me: "hey i'm gonna do what i want to do."
    her: "strange coincidence, me too!"
    me: "sounds great, see you after the show!"
    her: "love you!"

i mean seriously what the fuck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Dude im 6'6" and i brought a girl that was 5'5" (taller than yours i know) but she still had a great time. dont worry to much about it.

practice the "on my shoulders so you can see, and get on the webcast, but also potentially blocking the view of people behind you" thing
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

LOL @ this thread.
    It's the opposite for me. Tall gf, shorter bf.

I'm tall but my bitch be average height, this thread does not apply to me.
    Formerly Riggins33
    Formerly Profchaos

Coachella 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 w2 2013 w1

Speaking of periscopes, I actually own this: http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/sportscope5xperiscope.cfm

Aside from debating whether I actually want to carry it around, what odds would you give me on getting it through security? No prohibition on binoculars or periscopes, but it kinda resembles a billy club in look and has a decent weight to it. Seems between their confusion as to what it is + what it looks like, might be declined as a possible weapon.

I love the periscope idea. It should be wearable though. Im thinking take the lens and nose piece out of a pair of scuba type goggles and build it off of that lol. Almost makes me wish I was short just so I could rock one, almost.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    I love the periscope idea. It should be wearable though. Im thinking take the lens and nose piece out of a pair of scuba type goggles and build it off of that lol. Almost makes me wish I was short just so I could rock one, almost.
    Literally the same idea I had. But gf told me not to bother because she'd "deal with it" >_>

I'm 6'0 and my wife is 5'4... we've been going for 8 years in a row, and she rarely has too much trouble seeing, although the thing that stands out was when we saw Amy Winehouse... I could see her perfectly fine, but my wife could pretty much only see her hair

This periscope idea is brilliant..
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

tall guys with petite short girlfriends look like pedophiles!
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Wonderbot you guys coming down in the vegaschella caravan?
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    tall guys with petite short girlfriends look like pedophiles!
    My gf accuses me of being a child so I steal a line from Family guy and tell her "You better not call me that because you know who has sex with children? A pedophile. And I will not stand here and be lectured by a pervert."