Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 71

Thread: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

  1. #1
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I'm taking my gf along for her first Coachella this year (Yay!!!) It's also her first real concert type thing... but the problem is I'm 6'6" and she's 5'2"...

    How do you guys do it? I usually make my way anyplace I can in front of the sound stage and park it... but I'm haunted by memories of short people on either side of me trying to look over someone's shoulder.

    Any advice? I'm actually pretty concerned over this, I can only imagine I need to stand farther than I'd like :\
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  2. #2
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    If she's 5'2", you gotta get on the rail. Fuck the bastards behind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  3. #3
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If she's 5'2", you gotta get on the rail. Fuck the bastards behind you.
    That's no way to enjoy a festival though. It's uncomfortable to be pinned in there the whole time and not being able to move...

    If I can get my back against the sound stage, maybe that will be good since it's usually a little raised than the sloping area towards the stage? Am I imagining this?
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  4. #4
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Oh, I thought you were concerned about your gf. In fact, you are concerned about yourself. So why are you taking her?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Meh, don't worry about the people behind you. Stand wherever you damn well please, just don't push your way up front. Just cuz you're tall don't mean you don't get to enjoy a band from the 3rd row.

  6. #6
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Oh, I thought you were concerned about your gf. In fact, you are concerned about yourself. So why are you taking her?
    I am... that's why I'm asking. The rail won't be any fun for her. And we'll miss a lot of bands we want to see in order to be able to get there. And she's a fucking girl, they have to pee every 5 minutes.

    I'm trying to see what tall dudes in my situation do. Because since the trip IS for her... I'm willing to stand back where she can actually see things. I'm just trying to see if there's any other kind of alternative.

    She's light, I can pick her up for hours but I'm not about to block people behind me. I thought maybe I can carry her on my back and she can just peer over my shoulder.... but that also will interfere with people. Argh...
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Oh, I thought you were concerned about your gf. In fact, you are concerned about yourself. So why are you taking her?
    Hah!

  8. #8
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Meh, don't worry about the people behind you. Stand wherever you damn well please, just don't push your way up front. Just cuz you're tall don't mean you don't get to enjoy a band from the 3rd row.
    I never get that close. My favorite spot is anywhere in front of the sound stage up to about half way to the stage. I don't like getting closer than that, I like being able to take the whole scene in.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I would go for the soundboard if I were you. Im 6'6" and my wife is 5'6" and she has never really had a problem seeing from that. I also don't block people.

    Whatever you do though, don't try to push past people to get to the front so your girlfriend can see. That is a dick move no matter how short your girlfriend is. If I get to a set early, I have no problem standing near the front, no matter how short the people behind me. I will never push my way through to the front though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  10. #10
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I am 5'0 and wish I had a tall buddy to at least stand behind me.

    For laughs, and a bit of insight as to what us shorty's have to deal with at every fucking concert ever (P.S. Thanks, group of 6'10 douchey bags who insisted on standing-NOT moving or dancing, but just STANDING- in front of me and around me at Cut Copy and closed me in and didn't let me out.. for the best show turned worst nightmare EVER)...
    http://www.everywhereist.com/the-lif...ing-a-concert/

    And then I suggest a periscope.

    No joke.

    Someone else suggested it on another thread somewhere, and I took it to heart and made one. It's better than making a tall person feel bad for being tall, and MUCH better for hating oneself and God for being short. You can google how to make one out of a box and a couple mirrors, or buy one for like $15, but it's a little heavy. I'm sure she would LOVE the gesture, it'll make you look real sweet. You can even decorate it all cool.

    That way, you can both stand wherever you like.
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  11. #11
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Let your bf use the periscope in bed. "Up Periscope!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  12. #12
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I would go for the soundboard if I were you. Im 6'6" and my wife is 5'6" and she has never really had a problem seeing from that. I also don't block people.

    Whatever you do though, don't try to push past people to get to the front so your girlfriend can see. That is a dick move no matter how short your girlfriend is. If I get to a set early, I have no problem standing near the front, no matter how short the people behind me. I will never push my way through to the front though.
    I didn't intend to do this, I never intended to do this. I get to my spot and I stake my claim. I've been to too many festivals and been the victim of too many trains using me as a goddamn landmark. But thanks for confirmation on Sound stage. I'll make it my mission to park it there every chance I get.

    Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I am 5'0 and wish I had a tall buddy to at least stand behind me.

    For laughs, and a bit of insight as to what us shorty's have to deal with at every fucking concert ever (P.S. Thanks, group of 6'10 douchey bags who insisted on standing-NOT moving or dancing, but just STANDING- in front of me and around me at Cut Copy and closed me in and didn't let me out.. for the best show turned worst nightmare EVER)...
    http://www.everywhereist.com/the-lif...ing-a-concert/

    And then I suggest a periscope.

    No joke.

    Someone else suggested it on another thread somewhere, and I took it to heart and made one. It's better than making a tall person feel bad for being tall, and MUCH better for hating oneself and God for being short. You can google how to make one out of a box and a couple mirrors, or buy one for like $15, but it's a little heavy. I'm sure she would LOVE the gesture, it'll make you look real sweet. You can even decorate it all cool.

    That way, you can both stand wherever you like.
    Hahaha, I'd like to show that link to my gf but I don't want to give her a bad impression. She's already seen me freaking out over this and she says it doesn't matter as long as there's music and me

    But I love the periscope Idea! I had actually thought of it but dismissed it like another of my ridiculous ideas. I'll look into trying to make one that can be taken apart and carried into the fest without security flipping out.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  13. #13
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I'm telling you, it does matter, if she is a fan of any band you're both going to see. It totally blows to pay that much money, and not see.

    She's very sweet for saying that to you, and I'm sure there's some truth to it, but dude- if you're going with her, and this is like your thing together, the periscope is a funny way around a tall problem. Not only will she have a good laugh, but everyone else who can't see over people will be jealous, and get a good laugh out of it too. Besides I would LOVE to see someone else using one, and if you're going wk 2 I will seek you out and high-five you, because it is the best solution. I only built mine a few weeks ago and have used it only once at a small show, just to test it out and it was a hit. I cannot wait to take it to Coachella and finally see over the crowd.
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  14. #14
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,073

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    And she's a fucking girl, they have to pee every 5 minutes.
    This, it drives me nuts.

  15. #15
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,073

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    And she's a fucking girl, they have to pee every 5 minutes.
    This, it drives me nuts.

  16. #16
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,073

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Or try parking (if at the main stage) near the middle barrier (that separates the crowd), where you're on the edge of it (in fact you might be able to do this at many of the stages/tents since they have those VIP areas railed off in the crowd now)....I did this with my friend at Outside Lands for two years, and it worked pretty well for her (she is 5'6 or 5'7).

  17. #17
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I'm telling you, it does matter, if she is a fan of any band you're both going to see. It totally blows to pay that much money, and not see.

    She's very sweet for saying that to you, and I'm sure there's some truth to it, but dude- if you're going with her, and this is like your thing together, the periscope is a funny way around a tall problem. Not only will she have a good laugh, but everyone else who can't see over people will be jealous, and get a good laugh out of it too. Besides I would LOVE to see someone else using one, and if you're going wk 2 I will seek you out and high-five you, because it is the best solution. I only built mine a few weeks ago and have used it only once at a small show, just to test it out and it was a hit. I cannot wait to take it to Coachella and finally see over the crowd.
    Weekend 1 sorry!

    Hey so tips on making one? What you make yours out of?
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  18. #18
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Or try parking (if at the main stage) near the middle barrier (that separates the crowd), where you're on the edge of it (in fact you might be able to do this at many of the stages/tents since they have those VIP areas railed off in the crowd now)....I did this with my friend at Outside Lands for two years, and it worked pretty well for her (she is 5'6 or 5'7).
    I'll add it into my Coachella Navigational computer. Thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  19. #19
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I used a cereal box so I can get a wider view. There are a few tutorials on YouTube. This one is funny, just for the end part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsrWlo_KgJw

    I just googled "how to make a periscope" and followed the instructions but used a cereal box.

    Use hot glue if you can, but super glue works fine too. I messed up my first time on the angles, cuz I suck at that sort of thing. I got mirrors from a hobby store. Then I duct taped the whole thing, and put a few band stickers on it. My friend suggested I make a costume, and use it as a prop the whole weekend. WHile I love the idea, I don't know how long I could keep that up.
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  20. #20
    Member TheClares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    614

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,358

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    1. Get on the rail or close to the rail for the acts you and her really want to see. Stay there for a couple sets.
    2. During the day, have her wear some comfortable heels or platform shoes. Even an inch or two helps.
    3. Change into more comfortable shoes at night

    why the hell isn't his question for short girls themselves? Don't worry about your height.

  22. #22
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,236

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    same! It's my girlfriend's first Coachella, and my first time going with a girlfriend. I'm pretty tall, she's not so much. But not about to be one of those dicks with their girlfriend on their shoulders the whole damn fest
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  23. #23
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Girls have to pee every 5 minutes? Never heard this before. Maybe they're drinking alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  24. #24
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    1. Get on the rail or close to the rail for the acts you and her really want to see. Stay there for a couple sets.
    2. During the day, have her wear some comfortable heels or platform shoes. Even an inch or two helps.
    3. Change into more comfortable shoes at night

    why the hell isn't his question for short girls themselves? Don't worry about your height.
    I'm worrying about my height because she's short -_- I can stand anywhere and see perfectly. I want to know from short person's perspective so I know what to do with her because I'm making sure she has the time of her life not staring at people's shoulders.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    same! It's my girlfriend's first Coachella, and my first time going with a girlfriend. I'm pretty tall, she's not so much. But not about to be one of those dicks with their girlfriend on their shoulders the whole damn fest
    Yeah, that was never an option unless she's going to take her top off and flash everyone (which she'd never do lol)

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Girls have to pee every 5 minutes? Never heard this before. Maybe they're drinking alcohol.
    Every time I go to a fest with a group of friends the girls are always fucking making bathroom breaks that derail us from getting to sets on time to get a good spot. You either have an above-normal capacity bladder or have found a way to keep hydrated sans drinking water at Coachella.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  25. #25
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,097

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    ^it's because they want to do blow. duh
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  26. #26
    Member stacheRides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    I'm 6'5 and gf is 5'5. At Coachella she usually wears short boots with a slight heel to make it easy to stand and give her a lil boost and we usually go for directly in front of the sound booth so if she can't see for whatever reason it's going to sound the absolute best right there.

  27. #27
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Los Angeles
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    5'0 tall here. now youtubing periscope instructables! Fuck.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    most likely. It's either going to be a very short latina or tall purple haired Indian. I'm 6'2".
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

  29. #29
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,097

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    Guys... If you are over 6 feet tall... please just date tall girls. Not fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Any tall guys with short girlfriends out there that go to Coachella?

    there are not that many as everyone seems to be 5'4" or something nowadays. Need to import some tall girls from Europe. Some skiers and ballerinas.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella y u no book the Ex Girlfriends
    By thagorillaz in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. we need sum too short at coachella
    By fourty oz in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
  5. Seeing ex-girlfriends around town
    By Trick Loves The Kids in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •