Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Coachella Dates.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: 2014 Coachella Dates.

so many joke potentials. second comings. reuniting holy trilogies.

I do find it hard to believe that coachella attendees care enough about easter that the festival should be scheduled around it though.

I don't think the festival goers care. Indio councillors might be a different proposition. Hence possibly why they avoided anything on Good Friday or Easter Sunday last time and had the Big 4 on Sat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

festival fucks might not care, but I'm sure employees do. you also gotta think about the catholic drug dealers that make everyone's coachella possible
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Ya that.

Also, i guess we're not going anywhere til 2030.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    It has felt this year that weekend 2 is being treated almost like the redheaded step child of Coachella (personally, I wouldn't mind going to weekend 2 as opposed to weekend 1, but for some reason weekend 2 isn't feeling as positive). The fact that it took weekend 2 longer to sell out, and that they even released weekend 2 tickets through KROQ after the sale ended…. I am kind of curious as to whether there will even be a second weekend at all.
    you have to remember though both weekends still sold out. it took a little longer for weekend two but it wasn't THAT much longer. seven years ago i bought my ticket through ticketmaster the day before the show, but i dont think it will never be like that again. as long as they can still deliver quality lineups and as long as they aren't losing money from unsold tickets then i believe they'll stick to two weekends.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    you have to remember though both weekends still sold out. it took a little longer for weekend two but it wasn't THAT much longer. seven years ago i bought my ticket through ticketmaster the day before the show, but i dont think it will never be like that again. as long as they can still deliver quality lineups and as long as they aren't losing money from unsold tickets then i believe they'll stick to two weekends.
    are you completely oblivious to the fact that the market is flooded with weekend two passes? people are trying to sell them under face value at the moment and failing. there's not enough demand for two weekends this year. the fact that people initially bought two weekends worth is a sign of hysteria, not a sign of of true demand and not a sign of quality. now people have come to their senses and realized they weren't that serious about going, and are stuck with the passes.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    festival fucks might not care, but I'm sure employees do. you also gotta think about the catholic drug dealers that make everyone's coachella possible
    Catholic drug dealers also constitute the lyrical basis of like half of the Hold Steady's songs.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    are you completely oblivious to the fact that the market is flooded with weekend two passes? people are trying to sell them under face value at the moment and failing. there's not enough demand for two weekends this year. the fact that people initially bought two weekends worth is a sign of hysteria, not a sign of of true demand and not a sign of quality. now people have come to their senses and realized they weren't that serious about going, and are stuck with the passes.
    I'm with you on this. Some people are really worried about being "stuck" with an unsold ticket or two. In my opinion, there will have to be some big "wow" factor this year to keep momentum going for two weekends. But I feel this way also because of the demographic the lineup was tailored to this year. Not sure if the twenty somethings will quick to buy without seeing the lineup. But, I do trust Coachella to keep it fresh and new, so it will be exciting to see what happens.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Thumbs up Re: 2014 Coachella Dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    So we can have a giant ass Easter egg hunt. I'm down.
    That would be so awesome!

Lightbulb Re: 2014 Coachella Dates.

[QUOTE=gswhooper;2698781]Filled with drugz!

After all it is 4/20, all the easter eggs should be full of weed!

I am thinking an Earlychella or Latechella. Easter weekend will probably be skipped...

So now that it's all said and done, did Weekend 2 sell out?
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    So now that it's all said and done, did Weekend 2 sell out?
    It sold out the day after passes went on sale. I can't speak for the weekend two crowd, because I was not in attendance, but by all accounts the crowd was still pretty large. A couple of my friends that went both weekends said the difference in crowd size between the two weekends was minuscule.

And people need to stop fooling themselves; both weekends will sell out again next year and do so relatively quick.
    fuck.

there were definitely less people weekend 2 compared to weekend 1, but it didn't feel that way walking from tent to tent or to the stages. once you got there, there seemed to be more room around you and it was much easier to grab a rail or get a nice spot in front of the soundboard. part of that might be because I saw all the big draw acts during weekend 1 and saw the stuff I didn't get around to seeing the first weekend during the second, though. if I had to put a number on, I'd say there was about 5-8k fewer people, if that.

also, add my name to the egg hunt.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Does anyone think GV will simply put a lower cap on the presale if necessary, to maintain the appearance of a quick presale?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Does anyone think GV will simply put a lower cap on the presale if necessary, to maintain the appearance of a quick presale?
    I don't think the presale hysteria carrys over to January. Most people, aside from those who were able to get into the presale, forget about it until the line up comes out. Also, this is all completely made up from anecdotal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I don't think the festival goers care. Indio councillors might be a different proposition. Hence possibly why they avoided anything on Good Friday or Easter Sunday last time and had the Big 4 on Sat.
    religious holiday aside, the selling point of these festivals is incremental income to the local economy. Doing a 3 day festival over a holiday weekend cannibalizes their economic impact and inconveniences a larger number of people that are already in town for the holiday.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

The gay White Party in Palm Springs is always Easter weekend. That's usually 20-30 thousand guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The gay White Party in Palm Springs is always Easter weekend. That's usually 20-30 thousand guys.
    20-30 guys= heaven!!
    But aside from that and back to the thread at hand, I would not be surprised to a later Coachella for 2014.

A rockin' Jesus hologram headlining Sunday for Easterchella sounds great to me.

I've been inquiring about tons of condos and houses in Indio to get next year's lodging squared away. Many times over, landlords and owners have named April 11-13 as "Coachella Weekend 1."

Take that as you will, but I would be really shocked if locals (especially rental owners and others who would want to find out come hell or high water) were not privy to info about next year's dates already. I'm goin' with it.

Nobody knows shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RodFed1993 View Post
    A rockin' Jesus hologram headlining Sunday for Easterchella sounds great to me.
    Black Keys again?
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

2014 is going to be a great date harvest season

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

my guess is weekend 1 april 4-6, weekend 2 april 11-13, maybe something saturday april 19, and then stagecoach april 25-27.

i think a strong majority of the attendees don't care at all about easter. but i would say that a very strong majority of the staff do care. i just can't see them having the festival that weekend. the alternative, W1 being april 25-27, W2 may 2-4, stagecoach may 9-11.. i don't see that happening. we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    I've been inquiring about tons of condos and houses in Indio to get next year's lodging squared away. Many times over, landlords and owners have named April 11-13 as "Coachella Weekend 1."

Take that as you will, but I would be really shocked if locals (especially rental owners and others who would want to find out come hell or high water) were not privy to info about next year's dates already. I'm goin' with it.
    The Motel 6 in Indio seems to be booked that weekend and the Super 8 wants $500 a night. Doesn't necessarily mean they know for a fact anything's happening that weekend, could just be assuming.

I booked the Motel 6 in Palm Desert that weekend just in case.
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

I just realized something. Since Easter is on 4/20, and they can't have Coachella that weekend, Record Store Day will not be during Coachella, as it's on 4/19/2014. Guess this means camping out at Amoeba. Sadness...

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The Super 8 wants $500 a night.
    Holy shit! For a crappy motel? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Holy shit! For a crappy motel? Yikes.
    Seems like the peeps at Super 8 seem too sure of themselves and maybe for a just reason, but fuck that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

They do that every year. It's just merciless.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out