Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rolling Stones at STAPLES CENTER in LA right after Coachella

Banned

Default The Rolling Stones at STAPLES CENTER in LA right after Coachella

So, they may not be playing Coachella any longer ... or will they???

But they're headlining the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles early May. A lot of West Coast tour dates announced for their North American tour and some East Coast.

Check it out!

http://grimygoods.com/2013/04/03/the...tes-announced/

Default Re: The Rolling Stones at STAPLES CENTER in LA right after Coachella

There is a better chance Daft Punk will be at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

bANLETE
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Why is someone spamming grimygoods on the Coachella boards? wut?

didn't mick say they wouldn't be ready by coachella?

Then their tour starts a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    didn't mick say they wouldn't be ready by coachella?

Then their tour starts a month later.
    i sincerely doubt that dinosaur even knows what day of the week it is

TBA
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    STAPLES CENTER

5 MAY
    OAKLAND, CA
    ORACLE ARENA
    Pre Sale April 5 @10AM PST
    On Sale April 8 @ 10AM PST

8 MAY
    SAN JOSE, CA
    HP PAVILION
    Pre Sale April 5 @10AM PST
    On Sale April 8 @ 10AM PST

11 MAY
    LAS VEGAS, NV
    MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA
    TBA

15 MAY
    ANAHEIM, CA
    HONDA CENTER
    TBA

25 MAY
    TORONTO, ON
    AIR CANADA CENTRE
    Citibank Pre Sale April 5 @10AM EST
    On Sale April 8 @ 10AM EST

28 MAY
    CHICAGO, IL
    UNITED CENTER
    CitiBank Pre Sale April 5 at 10AM
    On Sale April 8 @ 10AM CST

12 JUNE
    BOSTON, MA
    TD GARDEN
    TBA

18 JUNE
    PHILADELPHIA, PA
    WELLS FARGO CENTER
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Never thought it would start so soon. Doesn't that seem a bit rushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermare View Post
    Never thought it would start so soon. Doesn't that seem a bit rushed?
    fuck the rolling stones.
    they aint down with coachella, we dont need them

local paper says ticket prices will range $166-$666

I'm not paying that much.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    local paper says ticket prices will range $166-$666

I'm not paying that much.
    666$?

Hmm, wonder if they will do a short set after RHCP.

Seriously???

They're trying to make sure they're alive, so they can't schedule too far ahead of time.
    Last edited by nahuatldream; 04-04-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Just like at Woodstock '94?
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

They could still be a surprise add this weekend...sure as hell would jump the prices of after market tickets.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Coachella adds Prince in 2008 and suddenly everything is a late surprise add.

Why would Goldenvoice give a fuck about after market tickets? They don't get money from tickets being resold.

Just because one thing happened once doesn't make it a 'thing' that will happen every year.

Have some goddamn common sense.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Long-time Stones fan here but fuck the Stones. 4 stops in California and 1 in neighboring Nevada? They are cut-throat when it comes to business. It wouldn't surprise me if they used Coachella in negotiations to squeeze every last ticket dollar out of their promoter...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Coachella adds Prince in 2008 and suddenly everything is a late surprise add.

Why would Goldenvoice give a fuck about after market tickets? They don't get money from tickets being resold.

Just because one thing happened once doesn't make it a 'thing' that will happen every year.

Have some goddamn common sense.
    Hey Wonderbot, join me and let's think like an owner instead of like a goddamn common sense laborer. GV does not get a dime out of aftermarket sales, that's true. But aftermarket sales are a measure of brand value. Coachella's brand value was near its peak in 2012.. selling out the presale in minutes.. and that gives GV a lot of clout and security. But, little things can eat away at brand value. Cancellations, weak headliners, time, whatever. A surprise late add that excites everyone would work to counter that trend. Resale prices on tickets for WK2 are below face.. that is a negative indicator of trends in Coachella's brand value and if GV is smart they would bolster their future by acting now.

That of course is much easier said than done. It's pretty late in the game to be messing with shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Hey Wonderbot, join me and let's think like an owner instead of like a goddamn common sense laborer. GV does not get a dime out of aftermarket sales, that's true. But aftermarket sales are a measure of brand value. Coachella's brand value was near its peak in 2012.. selling out the presale in minutes.. and that gives GV a lot of clout and security. But, little things can eat away at brand value. Cancellations, weak headliners, time, whatever. A surprise late add that excites everyone would work to counter that trend. Resale prices on tickets for WK2 are below face.. that is a negative indicator of trends in Coachella's brand value and if GV is smart they would bolster their future by acting now.

That of course is much easier said than done. It's pretty late in the game to be messing with shit.
    I can see the logic you're using but it's invalid. The presale and regular sale sold out in hours. The value is there like it's always been. The aftermaket tickets mean nothing, they can drop to $50 a piece and it won't make people not want to go. Coachella sells out without any artists being released since 2010, gone are the days of buying a ticket the same week from the site.

And you're also forgetting adding someone late who'll make any difference at all... has to be a big name which means more $$$$ outside the budget they already had.

So unless the artist being added was to replace a major loss of a headliner there's absolutely no purpose or incentive to try and replace them just for aftermarket ticket sales which mean nothing to anyone except scalpers. And Coachella hates scalpers.... so why would they make it easier for them to offload their ill-gotten wristbands?

Eh, I agree with the brand thing and still don't think you're seeing it...it's beyond the secondary market, it's also about maintaining the momentum for the presale and so on. I don't think they'll add a major replacement for Lou Reed. The presale will "sell out", but go slower than last year. GV can turn it around but not with another lineup like this.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I can see the logic you're using but it's invalid. The presale and regular sale sold out in hours. The value is there like it's always been. The aftermaket tickets mean nothing, they can drop to $50 a piece and it won't make people not want to go. Coachella sells out without any artists being released since 2010, gone are the days of buying a ticket the same week from the site.

And you're also forgetting adding someone late who'll make any difference at all... has to be a big name which means more $$$$ outside the budget they already had.

So unless the artist being added was to replace a major loss of a headliner there's absolutely no purpose or incentive to try and replace them just for aftermarket ticket sales which mean nothing to anyone except scalpers. And Coachella hates scalpers.... so why would they make it easier for them to offload their ill-gotten wristbands?
    It makes business sense for them to replace a loss like Lou Reed (or whoever), not to preserve aftermarket ticket values (who cares, right?), but to avoid the appearance that Coachella is past its prime and running out of steam. I was just saying that the depressed aftermarket ticket prices are an indicator that the market may be starting to think exactly that. Action now by GV can nip it in the bud. They don't (or, shouldn't) want the "Coachella is dying" or "Coachella is losing its cool" idea to gain momentum. Brand value.

This is not a prediction. This is a recommendation.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-04-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Heres the million $ question, How do you beat bringing Tupac back from the dead? Its either with Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones or Both. Mark my words. They are about to add a Fall festival date as well, which will cut the demand of the tickets in the spring. GV will do something magic and sneaky this weekend, there is no doubt about it. He must maintain his brand and the value he has created in the past. I think the line up this year rocks but that doesn't mean something of surprise nature isn't coming to the desert next week.

It makes business sense for them to replace a loss like Lou Reed (or whoever), not to preserve aftermarket ticket values (who cares, right?), but to avoid the appearance that Coachella is past its prime and running out of steam. I was just saying that the depressed aftermarket ticket prices are an indicator that the market may be starting to think exactly that. Action now by GV can nip it in the bud. They don't (or, shouldn't) want the "Coachella is dying" or "Coachella is losing its cool" idea to gain momentum. Brand value.

This is not a prediction. This is a recommendation.

Wouldn't Mumford and Sons be more cost effective than the Rolling Stones?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Well cheaper, yes. I dunno about cost effective.

Thinking about this some more it seems quite clear to me that they are going to add Daft Punk at the very last minute; that they've planned it that way all along and the late add will be a huge publicity stunt that will benefit both GV/the Coachella brand and DP. It's been there from the beginning.. the weak Britpop headliners Friday; the rumors that DP was gonna play, that it was a done deal, then all of a sudden 'oops, no, not gonna happen'; and now the new album. It's all so obvious.

Is this the Twilight Zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

No one will give a shit Lou Reed dropped out. It's practically his M.O.

Coachella will sell out next year regardless of what happens this year. Radiohead, Tool, Daft Punk, Soulwax, and Pearl Jam all have new works coming out this/next year and people will buy tickets in hope one, two or all are on the lineup.

It doesn't matter.

And it wouldn't matter anyway if they didn't book any of those. People still freak out and buy festival passes no matter who or what is playing these days. Festival culture has evolved and changed for the worse. Now it's just a thing to do because it's hip.

Who cares about big headliners? I will take this years model of smaller headliners and a stacked undercard over a top heavy lineup any year.

^^ very good point and well said...