Thread: Is this being taped to be put on DVD?

Default Is this being taped to be put on DVD?

Imagine the 100's of 1000's of folks who are freaking out around the world after hearing about Rage and can't get to Coachella - me being one of them. If anyone from Coachella is reading these posts, please put this concert on DVD. They will sell like wildfire! I'm just so bummed I can't go so a DVD would be of some consolation.

THANK YOU

Default Re: Is this being taped to be put on DVD?

They would sell like wildfire, that sounds like capitalism...wouldn't it be oh so anti-ratm to do that?

Right on! The'll go even faster if they just give them away ;-) But, hey - in the spirit of RATM, Coachella could give part of the proceeds to charity.

I would say it is certainly being taped. When we will see the footage, how much, and in what DVD package remains a mystery. The first "Coachella Movie" only had 1 song from each of the artists it selected from the 1999-2004 festival. (20 something in all).

Best case scenario: the Pixies sold a limited edition cd on the festival grounds through an instant CD company in the hours after their set in 2004, and 3-5 complete songs from Coachella were featured on a DVD called The Pixies Sell Out which was released in 2005 after their reunion tour.

I would remind you that RATM released a DVD called "Live from Mexico City", a complete concert that has been available for years.

And what are the odds the Coachella RATM reunion is truly a one-off gig? don't bet on it ;-)