Thread: Do the car camping pass and wristband need to match??

Question Do the car camping pass and wristband need to match??

I really need a car camping pass!!!!

I already have a wristband but will have to buy a camping pass from someone.

When you enter are they really strict about making sure your camping pass and wristband match up???

Do they strongly enforce this rule?

Default Re: Do the car camping pass and wristband need to match??

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

They have never checked us
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I have the same question!

We'll see. It would be a first if they checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

It will depend on the security guy. Last year they were checking that the wristband and camping pass matched. Some people commented here that they were also asking for the original buyer ID.

The thing is, where they checked them last year, you're kinda stuck. I mean you're watining in a long line to get your car searched to get into camp. Once you finally get to the front of the line to get searched is where they scan your wristband and camping pass. At least by the time we were waiting to get into camp, there probably was no room to turn around? I'm talking Thursday the night before Weekend 1.

But my pass and camping sticker matched names, so I don't know. Since they're rent-a-cops, maybe slip them a $20 if they give you any crap and I bet they'll act like nothing is wrong.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    It will depend on the security guy. Last year they were checking that the wristband and camping pass matched. Some people commented here that they were also asking for the original buyer ID.
    This would suck cause my friend wants me to use his wristband so that I could set up camp earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    We'll see. It would be a first if they checked.
    They checked, and asked for original ID in my group. They would not let the car pass without the original buyer with ID. Fortunately, the original buyer was in our group of people somewhere close and after a quick cell phone call and him jogging over to security, they let him pass after he showed ID.

A lot of people comment on here (that had matching wristbands/camping passes) saying that security never checked them. What many of them don't realize is that what security is doing (supposed to be doing), is silently checking. Security doesn't straight up ask when you pull up "hey guys does this camping sticker match one of your wristbands? Prove it, bitch!" False. They silently check by scanning the camping pass, then scanning all the wristbands in the car. And if all goes as it should, their computer scanner thing will tell them that one of those wristbands matches the camping pass and they wave you along. They don't verbally tell you guys "hey campers, congratulations, we checked to see if your wristbands matched the camping pass and it did! Great job!" It's only when the camping pass and wristband DONT match, is when if they are going by the books, they say something and make you realize that they are, in fact, checking.

Also, I'm fucking sick of these threads asking the same fucking question over and over. Should probably stop dropping knowledge bombs on all these idiots that don't know how to buy a camping pass and wristband at the same time right when they go on sale.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 04-01-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

THE CAMPING PASS HAS TO BE SCANNED WITH ONE OF THE WRISTBANDS IT WAS PURCHASED WITH.

It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    THE CAMPING PASS HAS TO BE SCANNED WITH ONE OF THE WRISTBANDS IT WAS PURCHASED WITH.

It's that simple.
    I dunno, should probably make another thread anyway, with a first post saying something like "I searched for this but can't find a clear answer. Does it really need to match?"

Because.

Hey guys, not all 65,000 Coachella attendees read the Coachella boards 361 days out of the year. Hell, most of them don't read any boards or know basic board etiquette.

I know Coachella Board Snarkflame is as old as the fest nearly, but maybe we all stop acting like entitled assholes who expect everyone who comes to these boards to know the ropes, and either just politely answer questions (no matter how redundant) or ignore them?

Be nice.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Or these dumbshits could just read the official FAQ, and actually believe the FAQ and not question it.

"Hey guys total noob here, but the FAQ states no nuclear bombs allowed in the festival. Is this true? Do they REALLY care if I bring in a 50-megaton nuclear warhead to lean on during Wu-Tang Clan set? I know a few friends that have heard stories that they have sneaked in nuclear warheads in their butthole in the past... or other stories where they just slipped the security guy a $20. Is this true? You guys think I will be ok?"

Fuck these questions. Read the FAQ, and take it at face value. If you know the speed limit is 65, don't ask people if you can drive 75mph. You already know the speed limit is 65, dumbass. Fuck your hypothetical.

Because.

Question Re: Do the car camping pass and wristband need to match??

My question was more along the lines of: Do they strongly enforce this rule?

Are people actually denied access to car camping if the car camping pass does not match at least 1 of the wristbands? If they are militant about checking, what happens if they do not match? Do they literally say, no, not my problem, take your car away and get a hotel?

If you're driving 75 mph, will you DEFINITELY get pulled over and get a ticket?

Think of the answer... and then swap out "highway patrol" with "security guard", and "breaking the speed limit" with "having a non-matching wristband to the camping pass", and "speeding ticket" with "denied entrance"

And as I already said, a car in our group was denied entrance until the original purchaser showed up.

Because.

It's as simple as this; they're not afraid to turn people away. They told you the rules, if you'd like to try & go against those rules, then you take the risk of not getting into camping. It's not that hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Ok thank you. If I am driving on the 405 and "having a non-matching wristband to the camping pass" and a "security guard" sees me and pulls me over, will I be given a "denied entrance?"

You're right it's a gamble. I should be careful about of all of this.

But a friend just told me that this is the first year so we have no way of knowing how militant they will be. They could let it slide because what do they gain by sending you away at the gate, or they could crack down to make a point.

Years later I wonder if people will see the obligatory matching as something everyone ignores or a serious issue....

Quote Originally Posted by aabailey10 View Post
    Ok thank you. If I am driving on the 405 and "having a non-matching wristband to the camping pass" and a "security guard" sees me and pulls me over, will I be given a "denied entrance?"
    The question I posed was "If you're driving 75 mph, will you DEFINITELY get pulled over and get a ticket?" None of this 405 bullshit. If you want to miss the point, then miss the point.

Because.

No, no jk. Information absorbed and appreciated.

Look, there's no way of knowing if they'll enforce the rules. Even Coachella protocol in place for five years can occasionally change without anyone expecting it.

Really, I wouldn't personally try it without a camping pass paired to the wristband. But if you're gonna try anyway...

*The first thing I'd do is not show-up to get in at 9:00am. They won't be any more strict with rules, probably, then when they first begin enforcing them.

*Secondly, if you're going in breaking this rule, maybe don't break others? If they catch you with weed or glass bottles or whatever and then find out your pass isn't right, they have all the more reason to not let you in. So be a boyscout. Don't tailgate in the camping line, don't look like an obnoxious asshole (shirtless with a spirithood and hemp leaf glasses), and don't be blasting your music until you're in. Just play it real cool and tame until you're in. If they judge you're harmless, they'll treat you like you're harmless.

*Thirdly, just be really nice. Cooperate when they search your car. If they question you about the pass, don't be dodgy. Say you didn't know the rules. If they still refuse, ask them to advise you what to do next. Are there passes for sale? Is there a box office? Is there something they can do for you? Do they know a hotel you can stay at? Sometimes if you help security see the pickle you're in, they'll take pity on you. But don't treat the guard like a pig, because he or she holds all the cards.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by aabailey10 View Post
    But a friend just told me that this is the first year so we have no way of knowing how militant they will be. They could let it slide because what do they gain by sending you away at the gate, or they could crack down to make a point.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014