Thread: I might need some cool folks w/ car to share potential car camping spot; Weekend 2

Thumbs up I might need some cool folks w/ car to share potential car camping spot; Weekend 2

So heres the deal; driving down to fest with best friend and his chick, but his GF does not like camping because its too dirty or something. I, on the other hand, love to get filthy every once and a while. That came out a bit wrong, but then again, perhaps it was just right... so before I get carried away and y'all think I'm a nut, my idea is this: I have been procrastinating on buying my ticket, which turned out to be the best plan since now some are selling for below cost. Bonus. I want to buy a wristband with the car camping (I know rules re purchasing together), but the rental car we'll be driving to weekend 2 with will be going back to the hotel each night with my friend and his chick. While I could stay there with them, not having a chick of my own I'd prefer to just keep the party going through the evening, so to speak. And meet some chill people. I also like idea of having chill spot to go during day when there are lulls in music I want to see, and maybe place to BBQ (I think grills are allowed at car camping?) And also place for coolers with booze, since they raped my wallet at the liquor tents last year. About be: a somewhat "young" 28 yr old guy originally from Santa Cruz, technically a current Berkeley undergrad but put that on hold again for a bit (poli sci might have been a shitty waste of major anyway), cool with almost any, eh, methods of recreation so long as not mega gnarly (been there years ago myself so I know how it goes, but tweakers and junkies need not apply, sorry). But psychs, booze and bud I don't mind a bit (have my card, plan to stop by club on way to make 4/20 a good one). So, uh, yeah... most stoked about seeing J5, Violent Femmes, Wu Tang, and RHCP, and also discovering "new" bands like I did last year... Madness (ska band from UK) comes to mind, shit they were unexpectedly awesome. And continuing to explore the electronic scene, which has changed a bit from the D&B and trance I listened too back in the bay area rave days around turn of century. Anyway, if you have a car, have not too many people in party, are willing to contribute a bit toward cost, and are cool/ relatively mature (at least not retarded) and aren't a dick, let me know and maybe we can organize something together. Tell me a bit about yourself/ group though so I can totally pass what amounts to unfounded judgements about the nature of your character before even meeting you. That was a joke, but not really. Just don't want weird awkwardness, people being disrespectful or unhelpful/ not contributing somehow, or generally having to worry about someone taking my shit or lurking into my tent during the night with a shank made from crushed and sharpened aluminum beer cans. You guys know how it goes, I'm sure. Plus always good to make new friends. So that about sums it up, let me know what you think and perhaps we can work something out. Thanks guys and have a good one. ps respond soon, because which ticket I buy in the next couple days is dependent on what I get set up here if anything.

Default Re: I might need some cool folks w/ car to share potential car camping spot; Weekend

Hey.

A friend and I have a car camping spot.

If you wanted to just come hang with us we might be able to work something out.

Default Re: I might need some cool folks w/ car to share potential car camping spot; Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzstefan View Post
    . so before I get carried away
    it was already too late.

PS propane stoves are ok.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Hey there!
    My name is Christine. My two girl friends are flying out from the East Coast (where I'm originally from) to come join me for Coachella! I reside in San Diego, and we would love to join you. We all bought our passes seperately, before we realized that none of us had gotten a camping pass. So here we are, stuck with no place to stay. I hear you on people selling their passes mad cheap - I attempted to sell mine way below face value in order to re buy one with a camping pass but so far, no luck. We are all mad chill, 420/party friendly, and REALLY want to camp - over getting a hotel or condo or whatever cause those are hella expensive. We are willing to split the cost of the camping pass, whatever else, and have a hell of a great time! I want to make this the best weekend ever. I can even throw in some 420 goods. Feel free to add me on facebook, Christine Medvigy. My number is 703 731 2502 if you want to text for faster response. Thank youuuuu!

PS - we are 21, huge festival/show go-ers (mostly east coast festis - Ultra, Bonnaroo, Electric Forest, AllGood, Camp Bisco, etc. etc. etc.) my friends are sweet and prob some of the coolest girls i know around I am down to use my car! There is room for you and your stuff.

Cool Re: I might need some cool folks w/ car to share potential car camping spot; Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzstefan View Post
    So heres the deal; driving down to fest with best friend and his chick, but his GF does not like camping because its too dirty or something. I, on the other hand, love to get filthy every once and a while. That came out a bit wrong, but then again, perhaps it was just right... so before I get carried away and y'all think I'm a nut, my idea is this: I have been procrastinating on buying my ticket, which turned out to be the best plan since now some are selling for below cost. Bonus. I want to buy a wristband with the car camping (I know rules re purchasing together), but the rental car we'll be driving to weekend 2 with will be going back to the hotel each night with my friend and his chick. While I could stay there with them, not having a chick of my own I'd prefer to just keep the party going through the evening, so to speak. And meet some chill people. I also like idea of having chill spot to go during day when there are lulls in music I want to see, and maybe place to BBQ (I think grills are allowed at car camping?) And also place for coolers with booze, since they raped my wallet at the liquor tents last year. About be: a somewhat "young" 28 yr old guy originally from Santa Cruz, technically a current Berkeley undergrad but put that on hold again for a bit (poli sci might have been a shitty waste of major anyway), cool with almost any, eh, methods of recreation so long as not mega gnarly (been there years ago myself so I know how it goes, but tweakers and junkies need not apply, sorry). But psychs, booze and bud I don't mind a bit (have my card, plan to stop by club on way to make 4/20 a good one). So, uh, yeah... most stoked about seeing J5, Violent Femmes, Wu Tang, and RHCP, and also discovering "new" bands like I did last year... Madness (ska band from UK) comes to mind, shit they were unexpectedly awesome. And continuing to explore the electronic scene, which has changed a bit from the D&B and trance I listened too back in the bay area rave days around turn of century. Anyway, if you have a car, have not too many people in party, are willing to contribute a bit toward cost, and are cool/ relatively mature (at least not retarded) and aren't a dick, let me know and maybe we can organize something together. Tell me a bit about yourself/ group though so I can totally pass what amounts to unfounded judgements about the nature of your character before even meeting you. That was a joke, but not really. Just don't want weird awkwardness, people being disrespectful or unhelpful/ not contributing somehow, or generally having to worry about someone taking my shit or lurking into my tent during the night with a shank made from crushed and sharpened aluminum beer cans. You guys know how it goes, I'm sure. Plus always good to make new friends. So that about sums it up, let me know what you think and perhaps we can work something out. Thanks guys and have a good one. ps respond soon, because which ticket I buy in the next couple days is dependent on what I get set up here if anything.
    Hi, I'm definitely interested! It will be me and my husband, we're both from OC and we got our tickets from a friend with no car camp pass. We originally want to get a hotel but my husband doesn't want to deal with traffic coming back and forth so we decided since we have a WV bus to find out if we can join and get someone that has. We are not pitching a tent we want to sleep in our car. This will be our first time going and we've decided to go all out and enjoy the whole experience. He's 28 and I'm 30 we both have a decent job. He's an engineer and i work for a big telecomm company. We decent folks and just got married last year, you and my husband also enjoy the same type of music. Hope this looks good for you and hope to hear from you soon. We really dont want to stay in a hotel because we've always wanted to use the BUS to something like this but never had the chance so this we'll give us the perfect opportunity. email me at mary_p0sa@yahoo.com