Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2013 Edition!!

Default The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2013 Edition!!

Hello again. This will be the official thread for attempts at getting a group shot of those of us willing and able at Coachella for 2013. A group shot will be taken both weekends. Last year the shots happened on Fridays, but this year will be a little different due to my scheduling as the Psychic Friend's picture bitch. The Weekend 1 shot will be early on Saturday. The Weekend 2 shot will be early on Friday. Of course this is subject to change once the line up schedule comes out, we discuss here and the Facebook group set up last year, i clear permission and time gets picked.

WHERE IS THE SHOT?: The shot will take place both weekends in the same spot: In front of the BIG SNAIL with the stage in the background.

WHEN IS THE SHOT?: Time is always discussed here once the schedule has been posted. we go back and forth about the 15 minute window with the least amount of conflicts for most of us. The shot is quick. we meet at the spot, i yell a bunch, everyone lines up (shorties in the front, tallies in the back, if you see the back of someone's head...move your head, etc..), i take a few shots and then you all go your own way. Usually there's a lot of meeting and greeting after and it is pretty nice.

WEEKEND 1 SHOT: SATURDAY @ 1:55PM

WEEKEND 2 SHOT: IF the Snail is not roaming the grounds by 2:45PM tomorrow (FRIDAY) , go to the backup which is the Mirage House at 3PM. If the Snail is roaming, go for the snail at 3PM. Randy had too much joy the snail failed last week. Let's not have this shot be blown on our part. If the Snail breaks down, whadda ya going to do? Meet at the Mirage house on this side:

BUT this is the primary shot at 3PM (where ever it is):

WHO CAN BE IN THE PICTURE?: Anyone reading this EXCEPT those who have the intention of starting shit. Fuck you. This is a love fest. Always has been and always will be. This is an amnesty zone from the bullshit that flares up here. Coachella is a good time. Let's keep it that way. One of the established laws of Coachella is "Don't Be a Dick". Anyway, you probably won't know who is there unless you start a conversation....

IDENTIFYING: i try to get the picture up the night of. i put a plea to one of our fellow board members to take the biggest file and number everyone. Then over time, we all chime in on who we are and i'll up date it in this post.

Hope to see you there!

Here are the past shots and links to their threads:

2012 Weekend 1

2012 Weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    *updated

1. amyzzz
    1b. junior zzz
    2. Feather
    4. xuclarockerx
    5. ThatGirl
    6. guedita
    7. getbetter
    8. TomAz
    9. Drewski
    10. nosurprises
    11. sonofhal
    12. nyalarthoats or whatever his name is.
    13. koryp
    14. squeaks
    15. faxman
    16. hairygoomba
    17. Original Bob
    18. locachica
    19. Somewhat Damaged
    20. captncrazy
    21. downingthief
    22. MiroirNoir
    23. FEELS
    24. theKlein
    25. fiopadp7791
    26. RedHotSgtPepper
    27. nathanfairchild
    28. fiyaahhh (i think, having a hard time telling in that pic)
    29. gmoneyak
    30. JClemy
    31. M Sparks' lady companion
    32. M Sparks
    33. citizenerased
    34. tessalasset
    35. Allison
    36. Frizzlefry
    39. josh ragepatton
    40. erik menikmati
    41. Matthew Lingo
    43. TallGuy
    45. Bosco
    46. Orbit
    47. Mr. hairygoomba
    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Ladies and Germs, this year's Weekend 2 Group Shot:

And this one just to get closer to the Snail:

Thanks again to the daring amongst us who brave Weekend 2 (weather was pretty, pretty good).

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2013 Edition!!

I like your other picture...

I hope Hot Shot will be in attendance.

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2013 Edition!!

Every year is different. i was going to use this:

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    this year will be a little different due to my scheduling as the Psychic Friend's bitch.
    fixed & sigged

Cool you can count Susie and myself finally in on this. I guess considering the pic, no costumes or at least none that covers our faces haha .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

When you say "early," consider us peeps who ride the shuttle bus. They start arriving at the Polo Grounds from Palm Springs about noon. Then give an hour to walk and make our way through 2 security checks. 1:00 pm would be the earliest I can make it. I missed it in 2010 due to the clusterfuck lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

This will be taken into consideration.

This will be my 5th coachella board group picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

sixth...

hipster.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I'm stoked on Saturday.

I will be there, and I guess I'll keep my top on.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Just wear more than one.

We should make it bottomless instead.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

bottomless or topless, but has to be one.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

EEEEE I am so excited for Coachella!
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I completely spaced out on last year's photo because I was walking around the fest in a stoned haze.
    This year I'll try better. And won't be stoned. Shit, why did I have to give that up this month.

I'll definitely be there. Looking forward to seeing you all again!
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

I'm definitely there. Pretty excited to meet you all for the first time!

I'm going to try to make the scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Will be there too!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

you can be the fluffer for bonerz
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I might be there for W1.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I know I am not part of the big boardie clan, but I have been lurking daily for nearly 7 years. Yet I have missed all of the photo opportunities over these last few years mainly due to being constricted by my group. Not this year though... count me in for weekend 1! Happy (almost) Coachella and can't wait to meet some of you!
    .:07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1:.

I will be thre for sure weekend 1. most likely weekend 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by scole11 View Post
    I know I am not part of the big boardie clan, but I have been lurking daily for nearly 7 years.
    You better not start shit or we'll kick your ass.

I might make it to this one, maybe. Been creeping on you guys for long enough- ha... a lot like scole11.

A few times I've seen this picture happen and missed it by minutes- it always happens so fast.

^i try to make is as quick as possible so everyone can get back to their good times. Lots of people throughout the years miss the shot, but get there for the meeting and greeting. i try to take pictures of everything that goes on for those 15 or so minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You better not start shit or we'll kick your ass.
    I'll keep that in mind! Nah, I'm a lover, not a fighter. Plus that would make the Bay Area Record Club that I am eventually trying to attend pretty awkward! It's such an interesting group on these boards, and while I may not agree with what everyone says, I sure do enjoy reading it. There is even some great information hidden in the depths of the "go fuck yourselves" and the always funny tongue-in-cheek Guedita replies to silly topics... which is why I lurk year round.
    .:07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1:.

Tom must wear a shirt at the picture that reads "Go fuck yourself".
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella