Thread: Essential Coachella Playlist 2013

Default Essential Coachella Playlist 2013

Default Re: Essential Coachella Playlist 2013

So Blaker. Seeing as how your very first post happens to have also been the starting of you very own thread, why don't you provide us with a little track by track commentary. A little insight into the thought process of choosing these tracks and how you feel they contribute to the overall vibe of the playlist.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

I listened to every artist that will be at Coachella to start. After going through the list I picked out every artist that I personally enjoyed and then proceeded to listen to all of their music. At this point I felt overwhelmed with all the tracks that I enjoyed and knew there was no way to include all of them into a playlist. So I took the time and researched and listened to past live performances by each Artist. I then took note of the songs that they would play in their sets and then built the playlist from there. I figured that I really want to know the songs that I'm going to hear at the festival and this seemed like the most logical way to listen to all of the Artists I'm interested in while focusing on what will actually be played for us all to enjoy. Overall I would say this is the most encompassing Coachella playlist you can find that really took some time and effort and isn't just a quick copy paste of the most popular tracks for each artist. Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Maybe I'm missing some Artists I should give another chance.

Simply fascinating. Throughout your journey did you ever find the coveted paragraph?

I did!

I don't know you, I don't know your taste in music, tell me why I should click on your playlist and give you any time at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I have a very eclectic taste in music. The playlist I put together includes a wide range of genres including of indie rock, pop, electro indie, afro-pop, acid rock, house, edm, drum and bass, folk, and lo-fi psychedelic rock. You will find focused grooves, poppy melodies, experimental tunes, melancholy feelings, and guitar driven hooks. If you have an open mind for good music you will enjoy this playlist immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    I have a very eclectic taste in music. The playlist I put together includes a wide range of genres including of indie rock, pop, electro indie, afro-pop, acid rock, house, edm, drum and bass, folk, and lo-fi psychedelic rock.
    Tell us more about the subtle differences between house, edm, and drum and bass.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

If you have to ask, you won't understand it.

No love for hip-hop music?

Smile Re: Essential Coachella Playlist 2013

I totally want to listen to this but I don't have Spotify. Do you post on 8tracks? Or can I download?

There are 10 Daft Punk songs on this playlist and about 30 RHCP songs, just in case anyone else was thinking about looking at it.

Very high probability Daft Punk is going to be at Coachella (I know it's said every year but it's my first time so let me have my hopes crushed). Also RHCP has a ton of songs. If you have listened to them through the years 30 is not that many. There is a 'next' or 'skip' button to the right of the 'play' button that you can press if you don't like a song/artists...

If you have to ask, you won't understand it.
    You don't understand that house and d&b are considered subsets of EDM, not equivalents.

Because.

I have wutang in the list for hip hop but past that I don't like anyone else. Any suggestions nine00?

I only have the playlist on spotify. It's free to use FYI hipsters_unite. You should sign up, 9.99 for unlimited music, pretty bossy.

ManImCool, I realize edm is an all encompassing genre, I forgot to put *insert sarcastic tone* into my reply to you. Why are you being a Debby Downer and pointing out my mistake (you should have gotten the gist of what I was attempting to convey)? I'm just trying to share my playlist and music love

I asked, because I want to hear your attempt at describing the very obvious differences between house and DnB, something I doubt you will be able to articulate correctly. Please humor me with some knowledge bombs on edm.

Because.

Well the easiest way to explain them to someone like you is that you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like. You know you can google this stuff to find the answer to your question right??

JAJAJAJAJAJA oh man that post was gold
    09-10-11-12-13-14

...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

I wanted to get spotify anyway so you gave me another reason. Tnx. You might want to check what the E D M means though. Maybe in Colorado it means something different ... cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 04-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I listened to every artist that will be at Coachella to start. After going through the list I picked out every artist that I personally enjoyed and then proceeded to listen to all of their music. At this point I felt overwhelmed with all the tracks that I enjoyed and knew there was no way to include all of them into a playlist. So I took the time and researched and listened to past live performances by each Artist. I then took note of the songs that they would play in their sets and then built the playlist from there. I figured that I really want to know the songs that I'm going to hear at the festival and this seemed like the most logical way to listen to all of the Artists I'm interested in while focusing on what will actually be played for us all to enjoy. Overall I would say this is the most encompassing Coachella playlist you can find that really took some time and effort and isn't just a quick copy paste of the most popular tracks for each artist. Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Maybe I'm missing some Artists I should give another chance.
    funny, I do the same
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I have wutang in the list for hip hop but past that I don't like anyone else. Any suggestions nine00?

I only have the playlist on spotify. It's free to use FYI hipsters_unite. You should sign up, 9.99 for unlimited music, pretty bossy.

ManImCool, I realize edm is an all encompassing genre, I forgot to put *insert sarcastic tone* into my reply to you. Why are you being a Debby Downer and pointing out my mistake (you should have gotten the gist of what I was attempting to convey)? I'm just trying to share my playlist and music love

2 Chainz

2 chainz is the same time as 2 bears and I can't miss them