Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bad Karma Thread - Your Worst Coachella Day and The Worst Coachella Sets Ever

Default Re: The Bad Karma Thread - Your Worst Coachella Day and The Worst Coachella Sets Ever

Quote Originally Posted by brewersblue View Post
    Worst set I have ever had to sit through was animal collective in 2010. Had to watch them so we would be as close as possible for arcade fire. So fucking boring.....
    As my brother (the musician) said, "This set was a giant "Fuck You" to anyone who likes music."
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Default Re: The Bad Karma Thread - Your Worst Coachella Day and The Worst Coachella Sets Ever

uh. about time i let this cat out of the bag.

pissed myself last year. but every other person you see is wet anyways so i just turned my shorts backwards and hustled to my camp. nobody suspected a thing... the end.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    As my brother (the musician) said, "This set was a giant "Fuck You" to anyone who likes music."
    It truly was terrible. Was completely worth it to be up close for arcade fire though. They fucking killed it that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Imogen Heap - 2010 - A very capable and talented singer/songwriter and producer with a very ambitious solo stage set up acting like a chicken with its head cut off as she fumbled with her equipment, started and stopped songs multiple times, and rambled for minutes as she tried to get things to work. One of the most disappointing sets I have ever seen.
    Ha yeah that was pretty bad. Luckily I saw her again a few months later at the Greek Theater, where her setup actually worked properly, and that show was so great that I instantly forgave all Coachella transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Garrett View Post
    I love Real Estate on record but they bored the hell out of me last year
    I agree completely. Not at all what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
    uh. about time i let this cat out of the bag.

pissed myself last year. but every other person you see is wet anyways so i just turned my shorts backwards and hustled to my camp. nobody suspected a thing... the end.
    the fuck?

Greg Ginn last year was indescribably bad. Luckily I was spared from watching Cee Lo in 2011, but some in my group weren't as lucky and basically had their days ruined. And I may be in the minority who actually liked Animal Collective that year, but I definitely understand the criticism.

Radiohead was definitely not bad, but VERY disappointing weekend 1.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post

Magnetic Man - 2011 - I caught this one while waiting for something else, but WTF. Maybe the music was decent, but super aggro, angry as fuck MC literally screaming at the audience throughout every song was some of the most annoying bullshit I have ever experienced.
    The only redeeming thing about this set was leaving to catch Beardyman in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Worst day by far has to be a tossup between Friday and Saturday of 2010. Unlike the OP I saw a lot of bands that fucking killed it, that wasn't the problem. The organization of everything was just such a clusterfuck that weekend that it made it challenging to enjoy even with an incredibly strong lineup. It was still good, I'd still rather be there than almost anywhere else, but man there were Problems with a capital P that year. Parking was a mess, getting wristbands was a nightmare, security was a bad joke, everything was massively overcrowded from all the douche hats sneaking in, trash all over the fucking place, etc etc. It was honestly embarrassing coming from a company as experienced at this as Goldenvoice, I'm not sure what the hell happened.
    Very true. The only positive part of that year was that Goldenvoice clearly learned from their mistakes since then everything has been very well run and organized.
    Coachella 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12, 13

In 2010 I made what I believe is my biggest Coachella mistake ever. I was enjoying the company of my good friend lucy and we were so excited for Orbital. The set began and BOOM - they began playing the brown album, my favorite, all the way through. I was dying of joy inside. My (now ex) bf stayed there with me while other friends went to go see Little Boots, and he kept talking crap on their lights. His words finally got to me and it began to bother me that Orbital's set up was lacking.. but the music was amazing. I walked away with him then and met our friend at Little Boots. As she talked up their laser show, I looked around at all the drugged-up zombies drooling near me, and I just started bawling. Couldn't stop. It felt amazing but I was so upset. Why walk away from Orbital? Still fucking kicking myself.

Also, last year, weekend 2. I was severely jet lagged and the heat got to me. Plus, as I mentioned in the bad neighbors thread, our neighbors fucking sucked. So we left Sunday at noon. Missed Modeselektor and Beirut. Still dying about those also

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Dig in here, be merciless...

Least Favorite Day Ever - Saturday 2010 - Don't get me wrong, there were some gem sets...Almighty Defenders were a lively and hysterical starter, Gossip was fantastic, Devo was a blast and what one could hear of Dead Weather's set was solid...but daytime flow was decimated by the Volcano, especially loss of Frightened Rabbits and Temper Trap, crowds squeezed me out of Portugal The Man, and every where else I turned it was bad prog (and I like prog) Muse a worse headliner than Jack Johnson in my book...their music so cheesed out can't get past it, then duds like Porcupine Tree, a horrible sets from MGMT and Shooter Jennings, flat, just okay efforts from The Xx, Dirty Projectors, Camera Obscura, Girls, and the massively overrated Band Of Skulls.
    Wow, my milage definitely varies on this one as Saturday 2010 might be one of my favorite days at Coachella. Caught and loved the Almighty Defenders. I skipped Porcupine Tree and caught Shooter Jennings on a whim, and loved his set. Then loved the Girls set, and Band of Skulls is underrated, and their set killed; top five of the weekend. Gossip crushed it. I was disappointed with the xx, but I think/hope it was a sound system issue, and plan to give them another go this year. MGMT was just okay, and I wasn't overwhelmed by Muse, but Devo closing out the day was a huge treat, and made my day complete. Their new album at the time was a complete throwback/homage to their early work, and they proved they've still got it.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

2006. Camped next to a marine and his slag who sung the praises of Bush until 4 in the fucking morning, then capped the night off with some gross, squishy sex. Thankfully that was brief.

AND TO WHOEVER STOLE MY $6 SOLAR POWERED BUTTERFLY STAKE LAST YEAR, I HOPE YOU FUCKING LIKE IT