Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Clan should have headlined Saturday

Default Re: Wu Tang Clan should have headlined Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    No way in hell does Wu Tang Clan even start 30 mins after their advertised start time.
    I doubt they will come out late at Coachella, but when I saw them they were like an hour late coming on stage and the DJ said they weren't coming out because we weren't cheering "Wu-Tang" loud enough and didn't have our "W's" up.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Haha, I'm not sure what I want more...a decent Wu Tang set, or a completely bombed Wu-Tang set (approaching Sly Stone territory).

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    No way in hell does Wu Tang Clan even start 30 mins after their advertised start time.
    only time I ever saw them was at v fest and they were right on time. horrible, but right on time
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

When/where do we think Wu is gonna play? Closing the Outdoor 12-1 would be nice, a la Atmosphere.

I've seen them probably five or so times. It's pretty much a 50/50 shot in my opinion. Yes, they'll never be as good as a rap act with a band. No, not many beats will sound better than Rza's on a Coachella sound system.

I'm guessing outdoor after the sun is down, but not closing it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I won't even address the headliner argument, Coachella isn't Rock the Bells.

First time I saw them was in a circular venue with a rotating stage, and they came out to this. Raw as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    Snoop doesn't have enough hits that are actually his songs to do a full set. All he does is his verses from popular songs and that's it. Saw him in ATL a few years ago and it was garbage. I love the guy, but live was shit.
    Your words befuddle me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    Agreed. A Sunday headline would've been fine as well.

Phoenix are worthy of a 2:00PM slot, no one actually gave a shit about them 2 years ago, now their set will just be empty.
    First off let me say your a fucking idiot talking out of your ass. I understand that Wu Tang is hip hop royalty so I have not argument about that but to say no one cared about Phoenix back in 2010 and that it was empty during their set is just about as far off as you could be. I can honestly say Phoenix and Tom Yorke are the two biggest crowds I have ever seen at that stage (7 year coachella vet) and everyone walked away from that set was completely blown away. In fact Paul and GV were so amazed they told Phoenix back in the summer of 2010 if they got an album out by this summer then they would headline Coachella 2013. So check your facts next time before you go talking about something you completely know nothing about.

btw you know what you deserve? vans warped tour not Coachella you fuckin twat

also I was right up front when I saw wu tang at rock the bells 07' and they were shit live back then too, leterally half way through their set people started yawning and sitting down then people started chanting for rage. Only cool part was when method man came down into the crowd near us, I told him to hurry the fuck up so rage could come out. jk about that last part but I wish I had.

Listen B, Phoenix is on that soft shit, and not that Drizzy Drake "yeah I'm soft but I make the ladies wet" softness. That "if you listen to me you probably drive a moped" softness. That "my winter coat is a coorderoy jacket" softness. That "I can really relate to the new Fiona Apple" softness. The two biggest demographics for baby powder are babies and Phoenix fans yo. Ya'll are softer than a bag of marshmellows in a pillow case.

Wu Tang should come out during Phoenix's set in Daft Punk outfits, with an ODB holigram who takes a non-holigram dump on stage.

Lurker

Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With
    2005 - 2009 - 2013 - W-2 - 2014 - W-1 - 2015 - W-1 - W-2 -

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Sidenote: I once delivered PCP to Redman's house.
    Go on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    Listen B, Phoenix is on that soft shit, and not that Drizzy Drake "yeah I'm soft but I make the ladies wet" softness. That "if you listen to me you probably drive a moped" softness. That "my winter coat is a coorderoy jacket" softness. That "I can really relate to the new Fiona Apple" softness. The two biggest demographics for baby powder are babies and Phoenix fans yo. Ya'll are softer than a bag of marshmellows in a pillow case.

Wu Tang should come out during Phoenix's set in Daft Punk outfits, with an ODB holigram who takes a non-holigram dump on stage.
    Golden.

I'll fuckin', I'll fuckin'

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

As a big Wu Tang fan they are TERRIBLE live
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

...with an ODB holigram who takes a non-holigram dump on stage.
    A hologram wouldn't be ODB's style, I think he would be more suited with a cardboard cutout. And I say that with much respect to the late great ODB. I love me some Osirus!

Just because Phoenix doesn't deserve a headlining spot doesn't mean Wu-Tang does.

Coachella opted out of getting real headliners this year who they actually had to pay headliner money, so they got a band like Phoenix who you can probably see for $25 at some small club in your home city. If Wu-Tang was headlining I'd be saying the same thing. I don't have issue with Phoenix or Wu-Tang being at the festival, I'd love to see both (and have seen both in the past), but they don't belong as headliners. Oh and by the way, Rock the Bells Festival 2010 had Wu-Tang and Snoop Dogg, and Snoop Dogg headlined, with Wu-Tang going on right before Snoop. So, yeah, Wu-Tang can't even headline an ALL hip-hop 1 day festival, they don't deserve Coachella.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    Coachella opted out of getting real headliners this year who they actually had to pay headliner money
    Please name the act that was too expensive.

They chased 3-4 major acts and none were ready to commit to April dates come January.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Yeah, as much as I love Wu, you guys are seriously not recognizing the difference between being good on album and being good live. Live Wu Tang is like the epitome of why most hip hop just doesn't work in a concert setting. Jurassic 5, alternatively, are the epitome of how it can be great live.
    THIS.

I am hoping they do something similar to Dre and Snoop where they come out and do some solo time without the rest yelling the lyrics all together.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Go on...
    Um... I mean to be totally honest, I was insanely high that night. For a little while I had some connections to some Latin Kings in S.I., in the Shaolin section. And one day we were riding around, going to pick up some sherm and some other stuff, and the guy asked for a ride out to Redman's place. Red was living in the suburbs (sorta) of Staten Island, and we were all like, "REDMAN'S HOUSE?! FUCK YEAH!" So we drove out there, it was the same shitty house he had on his episode of Cribs which means he'd had it since like 2000. I didn't really go inside for more than like a minute maybe just while my boy did the transaction and then on the way out just said, "Blackout was fucking amazing" and left. It was cool, but he was fucking out of it. Funny though, just watching him do regular things is funny, especially if he's dusted, which is generally true of most people when they're dusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

so they got a band like Phoenix who you can probably see for $25 at some small club in your home city
    Phoenix has been selling out big venues for a few years now. Shit, they sold out the Hollywood Bowl in 2010.

Tickets still available April 8th at Marquee Theater (1,500 capacity) for $35.

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    Phoenix has been selling out big venues for a few years now. Shit, they sold out the Hollywood Bowl in 2010.
    Funny that you can see them at Marquee Theatre a week before coachella, not sold out for 35 bucks. Marquee is located in Phoenix, which is the 6th largest US city. And they still can't sell that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Please name the act that was too expensive.

They chased 3-4 major acts and none were ready to commit to April dates come January.
    It's not my job to find real headliners. I don't have to "name acts" for them. Every other major festival is capable of getting real headliners see: Lolla, Glastonbury, Bonnarooo, they should also be able to get real headliners, but your excuses for them are cute.

So are you going to Coachella this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gruppesechs View Post
    I'll fuckin', I'll fuckin'
    ...sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you.

old school

It's not my job to find real headliners. I don't have to "name acts" for them. Every other major festival is capable of getting real headliners see: Lolla, Glastonbury, Bonnarooo, they should also be able to get real headliners, but your excuses for them are cute.
    Coachella have had McCartney and killed the power on The Cure in 2009. Most other acts have played in the past couple years. AEG put the Stones in an US arenas. Neil or Petty don't seem to be in their demographic.

Who else is confirmed to do shows in the first 6 months of the year that would be a "real" headliner? Green Day or Eminem are kinda awkward fits in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Coachella have had McCartney and killed the power on The Cure in 2009. Most other acts have played in the past couple years. AEG put the Stones in an US arenas. Neil or Petty don't seem to be in their demographic.

Who else is confirmed to do shows in the first 6 months of the year that would be a "real" headliner? Green Day or Eminem are kinda awkward fits in some ways.
    Listen B... or "Bee" I guess... I'm tired of ya'll hatin on the GOATs. Eminem isn't worthy? Is this 500 years of white guilt talking? Why do white people hate white rappers so much? And don't front on some "I ain't white shit" cuz with a name like "Bumblebee" I know you ain't no brotha...

I could see Neil working, with his ties to grunge/alternative, but not Petty IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.