Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Set Times???? - 2013

Default Set Times???? - 2013

I don't care if there is a thread already, I couldn't find it, and I'm not trawling through pages and pages of threads.

Simple question, how much time does Coachella usually give you to research who you are going to see via set times...? Coz to be honest, it's a delicate process and they're cutting it fucking fine. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Set Times???? - 2013

It will be out the 8th or the 9th.

Wednesday the 10th.

Could be the 9th if we are lucky...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Yeah, usually it's very close to the festival. Don't worry, it gives you less time to be bummed on conflicts.

do ur research first, adjust to the shitshow of conflicts later

Thanks, doing the research but can't help but feel how pointless it is until I know when and where. Another week though, shit. That's just gonna make time move even slower.

Thumbs down Re: Set Times???? - 2013

It is absolutely ridiculous to think anyone with a life can prioritize 150+ acts in a few days…the Coachella organizers are entirely inconsiderate to the folks that must begin their travel to Coachella early!!!! You would think they would have their act together given they have been doing this more than a few years! The more I think about it the hotter I get....I am starting my Coachella journey this Saturday and they are making it really hard on me to stay in touch for last minute organizing.
    Last edited by langdm; 04-04-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: The more I think about it the hotter I get

Relax. It's not that big of a deal. It doesn't take that long to figure out who you want to see more.
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by langdm View Post
    It is absolutely ridiculous to think anyone with a life can prioritize 150+ acts in a few days…the Coachella organizers are entirely inconsiderate to the folks that must begin their travel to Coachella early!!!! You would think they would have their act together given they have been doing this more than a few years! The more I think about it the hotter I get....I am starting my Coachella journey this Saturday and they are making it really hard on me to stay in touch for last minute organizing.
    Yeah they should change the system that's worked perfectly fine for 14 years just because it gets you hot and bothered. Makes sense.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FairMonroe View Post
    Yeah, usually it's very close to the festival. Don't worry, it gives you less time to be bummed on conflicts.
    So true
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Check out the 'Reason' in the 'Last Edited' notice:

The more I think about it the hotter I get

It's the best part of your post.

Friday

1:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    2:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    3:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    4:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    5:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    6:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    7:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    8:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    9:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    10:00 PM: Fuck Yourself
    11:00 PM: Daft Punk

Saturday

Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

source?
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    source?
    Go fuck yourself?

also impossible to please 150 + bands (and their agents/managers) ready to bitch about their time slot while trying to explain to them that the fans want set times now and ASSume its gv who just doesn't have "their act together given they have been doing this more than a few years"
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    also impossible to please 150 + bands (and their agents/managers) ready to bitch about their time slot while trying to explain to them that the fans want set times now and ASSume its gv who just doesn't have "their act together given they have been doing this more than a few years"
    PF, I fucking love you.

signed,
    the non-asshole part of this message board.

p.s. fuck you Tom.

As much as I'd love the set times to come out earlier, does it really take more than maybe a couple hours to figure out who you want to see? You'll figure it out, trust
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

SET TIMES????????? DURRRRRRR!?????? GUHH??????????

Go fuck yourself?
    .com or .net i cant find it?
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

You did a search and couldn't find anything? There's an abundance of threads asking this.

Saturday

Seriously can't wait for this set at sundown
    Papi Piratón!

p.s. fuck you Tom.
    what'd I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Last minute organizing? Facebook? Twitter? This message board? Email? Hanging out with friends in the days before the festival?

Also many people start on this as soon as the lineup comes out. Thinking about priorities, reading live show reviews, expected setlists and listening to the artists that they don't know. The first nearly every artist Spotify playlists I saw came out within 12 hours of the lineup.

There are also people on this board that gather the little set time information available and make educated guesses for everyone else. These are fake, user-generated set times but they are often reasonable and at the very least present the line-up information in a different way which can help prepare you for how things will go. Friday. Saturday. Sunday. THESE ARE NOT REAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Is it me or have we had zero news about camping this year....? I mean I see the rules and details and what not, but by this time in previous years we knew about the roller skating rink, pin-ball, after hours stuff, and still no 2013 campground band.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I always wondered if this was part of the reason. Those prima donnas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Is it me or have we had zero news about camping this year....? I mean I see the rules and details and what not, but by this time in previous years we knew about the roller skating rink, pin-ball, after hours stuff, and still no 2013 campground band.
    This^. I was so excited when they announced BADBADNOTGOOD as the residence band last year. So much better than the silent disco. This year I think they are procrastinating just as much as I am as far as camping is concerned. Granted, I'll be done by Monday since I have the weekend free. I think I'm most upset about them not bringing back the vintage merch sale. I would love to have scored some 2012 merch for super cheap. I just hope that screen press company they got for the grounds aren't like the stupid Indian headdresses shirts they were selling inside the fest in 11' or 12'. Art Installation pictures are already popping up too.

C+ rant. Will not read again.

whiney pain in butt

Yeah, take THAT Joris Voorn!!

///but really, names? or hints of names? lol I wanna know who the diva's are!!!! Is it Biffy?? Wu Tang?

Why is this such a big fucking deal every year? It takes me 20-30 minutes tops to plan out what acts I am going to see once the set times are released. Why does it take some of you fucks so long to plan out who you are going to see?
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Hmm, so all those other festivals in the world who come out with set times much earlier must have some super human skills then? Don't get me wrong, I know and appreciate that GV puts a lot more thought into their set times than most and usually does pretty well at minimizing conflicts, but I just don't understand why they need to cut it so close. The lineup has been set since January with a couple minor revisions, so I don't understand why they can't just help out the fans by releasing them at least a week ahead of time. Like what are they doing those last couple days that they couldn't get done in the months before that?

For a lot of people, it's not just looking at the set times, but making your own custom spreadsheets, printing them out, sharing with friends, planning out routes, etc. For some people who leave for the festival a week or so ahead of time, this makes it really hard to get that stuff done.

Don't be mad PF, you know I love you.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!