Thread: I thought the [car] camping pass is linked to thw wristband...

Default I thought the [car] camping pass is linked to thw wristband...

I've registered my wristband; I thought the car camping was linked to it.
    Is it, is it not? Do I have to register it anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: I thought the [car] camping pass is linked to thw wristband...

It is linked in the sense that when you arrive to camp, security will scan your camping pass and the name that pops up on their scanner must match the name that pops up when they scan your wristband. You cannot register your car camping pass online. You actually do not HAVE to register your wristband online - but it is a good idea in case you lose it or it gets damaged.

Thanks, I appreciate the response...however, there's a mistake in it!
    I just got off the phone with frontgate tickets. There will be no "first name/last name" popping up; but rather an order number. If the pass and the wristband were part of the same order then everything is fine.

In other words, in my case, any of the two wristbands associated with my order will be given a camping spot with the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenguin13 View Post
    I just got off the phone with frontgate tickets. There will be no "first name/last name" popping up; but rather an order number. If the pass and the wristband were part of the same order then everything is fine.

In other words, in my case, any of the two wristbands associated with my order will be given a camping spot with the pass.
    Great news! Thanks! This makes it much easier for people to acquire camping passes. Read a few horror stories about past campers needing the original purchaser to show up with ID when they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenguin13 View Post

Oh, is Frontgate in charge of security? They aren't? Goldenvoice is? Goldenvoice says you must be the original purchaser?

Despite your phone call, rest assured, it is still entirely possible that they will require the name to match. It happened to my group last year. It just depends on the security guy you get. Bottom line, unless you purchased the camping pass yourself and are entering with it yourself, nothing is certain.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    Great news! Thanks! This makes it much easier for people to acquire camping passes. Read a few horror stories about past campers needing the original purchaser to show up with ID when they arrived.
    Indeed. And this was a concern of mine. My friend and I are going together (but separate) and I wanted to know if there was a necessity for me to arrive first (and if I could switch it over to her name).
    I definitely agree, much better this way!

Now I am having a second guess on buying a camping pass from someone that can no longer go.
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Oh, is Frontgate in charge of security? They aren't? Goldenvoice is? Goldenvoice says you must be the original purchaser?

Despite your phone call, rest assured, it is still entirely possible that they will require the name to match. It happened to my group last year. It just depends on the security guy you get. Bottom line, unless you purchased the camping pass yourself and are entering with it yourself, nothing is certain.
    Back of my package says:
    "Need Help?
    Please contact customer service:
    http://support.frontgatetickets.com"
    I visit the website, called the number, sure enough...it's frontgate.

Further info about Goldenvoice/Frontgate: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...ront-gate-tick

The representative told me specifically, the camping pass is not tied to a name. Maybe they fixed their **** after all the mishaps last year; maybe you're right. I don't really care, I know the company policy and I (or my friend) will deal with security accordingly.
    Last edited by mpenguin13; 03-28-2013 at 02:33 PM.

I understand Golden Voice does this to cut back on scalping of camping passes, but is it really necessary? It sucks for those that originally did not purchase a camping pass but now need one and are unable to buy them separately from those that do not need theirs.

Another thought, I have read that the camping pass is electronically linked to the wristband. The Camping pass has a metal chip located on it, the wristband does not. How can they match up?

They don't have time.

Think about it...a ton of people give shit away because they can't go or stuff happens. There are a ton of good reasons why a camping spot switched hands.

Whomever has the pass is getting in...they aren't going to play cops.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Do they strongly enforce this rule? If you buy a car camping pass from someone who couldn't go and it does not match any of your wristbands, is there a good chance you will be denied at the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    The Camping pass has a metal chip located on it, the wristband does not. How can they match up?
    What do you think that little plastic piece that says "ga" is?

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    I understand Golden Voice does this to cut back on scalping of camping passes, but is it really necessary? It sucks for those that originally did not purchase a camping pass but now need one and are unable to buy them separately from those that do not need theirs.

Another thought, I have read that the camping pass is electronically linked to the wristband. The Camping pass has a metal chip located on it, the wristband does not. How can they match up?
    Would you rather pay $500 for a car camping pass? Because that's the alternative. The currently policy is in place because purchasing/scalping of camping passes had reached ridiculous heights and something had to be done. I agree there's room for improvement but this was a much-needed change they implemented. Scalpers don't buy camping passes anymore and that was the intended effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post

Front Gate and Golden Voice are both largely owned by AEG. AEG also owns a large stake in AXS ticketing, which uses the same model as Front Gate with the waiting room and crap.

In essence, they are all the same company.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Yeah but when they contradict each other with the rules/policies then rabble rabble rabble!
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Would you rather pay $500 for a car camping pass? Because that's the alternative. The currently policy is in place because purchasing/scalping of camping passes had reached ridiculous heights and something had to be done. I agree there's room for improvement but this was a much-needed change they implemented. Scalpers don't buy camping passes anymore and that was the intended effect.
    but if wristband prices stay normal, as they tend to do from what i've seen (i got mine for face value), why would camping all of a sudden be scalped super high? never understood that. Did it really get that bad? and do the conditions that allowed that to happen still exist/have anything to do with the pass-linking?

or, and i hate to say this here, but pull a bonnaroo and just fucking let people car camp without extra passes and shit