Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Did Lou Reed Cancel?

Default Re: Why Did Lou Reed Cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    If you payed $349 to just see Lou Reed there's no hope for you. Something traumatic must have happened to you as a child that scrambled your brain. Lou Reed cancelled because he's an old man with osteoarthritis that doesn't belong at Coachella, obviously.

Good news though! There's a slough of shitty old bands playing this year! One is even HEADLINING, oh boy!

Poser alert
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

If you payed $349 to just see Lou Reed there's no hope for you. Something traumatic must have happened to you as a child that scrambled your brain. Lou Reed cancelled because he's an old man with osteoarthritis that doesn't belong at Coachella, obviously.

Good news though! There's a slough of shitty old bands playing this year! One is even HEADLINING, oh boy!
    Do you really not have anything better to do with your time? Jackass.

Glad I decided against going to Coachella this year now. Lou was the act I was most excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I was going to watch some of the other bands while I was there, I just really wanted to see Lou Reed. He was the hook. There is no one else that important on the bill really.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw Lou Reed serve as the King of the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island a couple years ago in miserable heat comparable to what one might experience at Coachella. His primary function at the parade was occasionally wave his withered hand at the crowd, and he couldn't even muster the energy to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

The fact of the matter is that Lou Reed is just a bit of a douchebag.
    End of thread.
    Coachella 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

nice spelling job

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post

I saw Lou Reed serve as the King of the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island a couple years ago in miserable heat comparable to what one might experience at Coachella. His primary function at the parade was occasionally wave his withered hand at the crowd, and he couldn't even muster the energy to do that.
    drugs tho

This explains a lot, I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Maybe I'm not so destroyed he canceled after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

he does resemble a 70 yr old heroin addict.

shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

He cancelled because he found out the Stone Roses were headlining and said "fuck that shit, I ain't playin at the same fest as those shitty d-bags!"

Not feeling so bad about this now.

Or the Stones for that matter...

Out with the decrepit has beens ....
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Lou Reed sucks ballz now, I don't understand the people who were overly excited for him. Have you seen his 20+ minute rendition of The Raven? Its horrifyingly bad! Yes he made some of the best music ever made, but no, he's not jizz worthy these days. If you are wanting a refund, there are probably 40 bands you have never heard of on the bill that will make you feel young hip and kewl again...bands that will be canceling festival appearances 30 years from now....
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

He wanted to please the fans.

Weekend at Bernies

Can someone make me a crop of Lou's head in that photo that I can use as avatar?
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

old school

Loulz! Thread has been won, carry on.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Too see another arthritic, crotchety old performer check out Rodriguez. Hell he even won best documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    Someone needs to make a better photoshop than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Someone needs to make a better photoshop than this.
    Sorry, that's as good as it gets on my very fancy 2007 Compaq, using microsoft paint while taking a bongload. The spray paint feature almost made the clouds Kinkade-esque. Truly a fine moment.
    Last edited by StarsAreBurning; 03-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

old school

Quote Originally Posted by brochelluh View Post
    Too see another arthritic, crotchety old performer check out Rodriguez. Hell he even won best documentary.
    There's probably quite a few skinny indie rockers on the lineup that Lou could beat in the boxing ring.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    what were the unavoidable complications?

This sucks, I don't want to go to Coachella now.

I want refund

old school

Geezus. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    My theory:

Tollett does the set times about 3 weeks out and lets the artists know soon after.

If you look at the Friday lineup it's possible the best they could offer Lou is 4-5th spot main stage, 2-3rd Outside or even a tent spot. Lou was a subheadliner at Lolla 2009.
    http://stereogum.com/img/lolla09-sunday-sched.jpg
    I could see a scenario where Lou said "get me a better spot or I stay in NYC" and for better/worse GV let the pieces fall where they did.

Lou bailed on a show in Europe and one in New Jersey in the past 6 months without giving a reason. I've seen him bailed on a couple Canadian TV interviews in the 80's/90's within minutes. it's not a work visa or rehearsal issue with 3 weeks to go. it's not a health issue as recent video shows nothing out of the ordinary and you can still buy tickets for wife Laurie Anderson's Caroline/California mid April shows. No speculation on Lou's health anywhere and GV unceremonally dropped his name.

The only thing I wonder about is what Language Lou had in his contract regarding billing/set times and the strength of his "out" clause.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    it's just speculation, but this seems plausible and consistent with the known facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Bumblebee is making sense.

Time to blow up the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    That's pretty reasonable as far as baseless speculation goes.
    Amazingly accurate analysis from all involved. "Consistent with the known facts" was my favorite.

Perhaps we should all take some time to reflect on how dumb you all are.

There, that's better.

I didn't realize Lou Reed was married. Thought he was openly homosexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Perhaps we should all take some time to reflect on how dumb you all are.
    Presumably Lou was on a donor list for a long period of time. I still find it curious that Laurie was gigging around the country far away from Lou in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Presumably Lou was on a donor list for a long period of time. I still find it curious that Laurie was gigging around the country far away from Lou in Cleveland.
    Because him having health issues automatically makes it required for her to cancel all up coming gigs. Maybe because he didn't give any reasons to the cancellations he didn't want anyone to know and if they both cancelled it would be really suspicious. Or perhaps because he was on the donor waiting list there really wasn't anything they could do until the organ came in so instead of sitting around doing nothing she continued on with her life. I'm sure there are multiple reasons, none of which are really curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Lou Reed reportedly recovering from liver transplant

By Mikael Wood
    June 1, 2013, 8:18 a.m.

Lou Reed is recuperating after a liver transplant that saved his life, said the New York rocker's wife, Laurie Anderson, in an interview published Saturday in the Times of London.

"It's as serious as it gets," Anderson told the newspaper of the operation, which Reed had in Cleveland. "He was dying. You don't get it for fun."

In March the former Velvet Underground frontman, 71, canceled a handful of West Coast performances, including his planned appearance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. At the time he cited "unavoidable complications."

Anderson said she's not sure Reed will ever "totally recover" from the transplant, but added that "he'll certainly be back to doing [things] in a few months. He's already working and doing t'ai chi. I'm very happy. It's a new life for him."

In 2011 Reed collaborated with Metallica on the album "Lulu," and last year he appeared with the band Metric on its album "Synthetica."
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.