Thread: Day time / Night time - changing/showering etc...

Default Day time / Night time - changing/showering etc...

I was wondering how generally things work as far as the day time and night time go, as in do most people go back to their tent and get changed cleaned up at the end of daylight before they go out for the evening?

Is this something that's hard to do due to the distances between the campgrounds and the festival stage area?

Maybe this is a stupid question but as a Coachella virgin it's something i'd like to know so I can kind of plan around it. I'm also afraid that if the bands are back to back if I take off to get changed/shower/eat etc I may end up missing an act that I wanted to see, but at the same time I don't want to be all stinky from the daytime when the evening comes around, it would be good to have freshend up.

All advice appreciated!

Default Re: Day time / Night time - changing/showering etc...

A pack of baby wipes in your bag is a wonderful thing as the sun goes down.

what he said ^

if you try and walk back to change you'll definitely be missing a band you'd like to see

actually I never camped out at coachella so im wondering when the best time to use the showers and the sh'trs will be..i should go check around the forums see if ic an find the info

Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    actually I never camped out at coachella so im wondering when the best time to use the showers and the sh'trs will be..i should go check around the forums see if ic an find the info
    Early in the morning (like 7) is usually the best time. I guess it all depends though, last year friday & saturday I'd go at 10 AM and it was pretty packed but the line moves fairly fast. The showers are pretty putrid/fucked though. I'd say your best bet is to just baby wipe yr body, and use water bottles to wash your hair.

EDIT: The bathrooms are the portapotties, so there's at least one always open.
    Last edited by FEELS; 03-26-2013 at 01:11 AM.

There's usually about an hour window for me each day when I go back to camp and get cleaned up, eat a little food, and get all my supplies together that I will need for the night and then head back in. It'll be easier to get an idea of where there will be a lapse in time once the lineup comes out.

I dont ever use the showers there, its not worth it to me to wait in line and get out and be immediately sweaty again. Pour some cold water over your head and you'll feel right as rain.

Lurker

Not gonna lie. Showering and "cleaning up to go out" doesnt really happen. Its one big neverending party. By the next morning me and fellow campers would dump a gallon of water over our heads and use some baby wipes. The only difference was if it cooled at night you might throw a shirt on over your bathing suit.

I typically wake up really early, I have never had a problem with getting to the showers first thing in the morning except one year when the water wasn't hooked up yet. But once they finally got that figured out the line moved rather quickly. The showers are pretty tiny and there isn't a lot of room so you basically go in and soap up, rinse off and get out. No one really spends more than 5-10 minutes in there.

I usually head back at some point during the day, but the distance from your campsite to the venue makes a huge difference. Two years ago I was only about 10 min walking from the venue and I'd head back for dinner & beers each day during a time when there wasn't someone I wanted to see. Last year, though, we got stuck in one of the further lots and it was about a 25min walk ... that took up too much time and we ended up not going back as much.

I do it more for the food & beer than "cleaning up" though. The minute you're back in the festival you're gonna get sweaty again (w1 last year being the exception) so I never made trips strictly for getting cleaned, but if I was already there, it always made sense to at least wipe the day's dirt off.

well i was thinking more about AFTER the nights show ended. Idk if the showers are open or packed at that time.

Go into the fest in the am. Come back for lunch , take shower go back in.
    Everyones a Photographer.

If you wake up at 6 or 7 and head to the showers. You'll probably wait an hour or less. But it's so freaking worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    No one really spends more than 5-10 minutes in there.
    In the men's line...

i only go back to camp if i forgot something or if the weather takes an unexpected turn. i find it weird how many people go back to camp (or go in very late) whenever i've had to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

stearn_sun_shower.jpg

Around 20 bucks, problem solved.

Fuck standing in line for showers.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    stearn_sun_shower.jpg

Around 20 bucks, problem solved.

Fuck standing in line for showers.

$5. you don't even have to get wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

I usually returned to camp around late afternoon/early evening since it was only about 10 minutes outside the festival gates both of the past 2 years. I would wipe down a bit with some wet wipes and then change my clothes for the evening (maybe jeans and a t-shirt instead of shorts and a top that was my day outift. It was always nice to get all the sunscreen off and some of my friends grabbed sweatshirts.

I would sometimes grab a beer, sometimes not.

We showered around 12/1pm usually and/or LATE after the shows ended (midnight-2am). Hardly ever any lines. One of the showers stays open 24 hours, but the others are open like 8am-2pm and 8pm(or 10pm) till 2am.

I've always been able to find a 35-40 minute open slot in the late afternoon, right before sunset, to run back to the campsite to grab a couple beers and regroup. I only shower once, though, in the morning. It also helps that we do El Dorado which is under 10 minute walk to the front...don't think running back would be possible if we were in one of the farthest campsites.

I've always found that [for men] the shower line gets pretty short around 12 or 1 pm. I always hop in line around that time and wait maybe 15 or 20 minutes, then spend 3 minutes showering and I feel great.

Here's a tip: cold shower, then don't dry off. You'll walk out of there feeling like a million bucks.

If you're not interested in the headliners, that's a good time to go as well. I don't like showering in the morning, I much prefer to shower at night so I can wash all the day's gunk off and sleep clean. Also I found baby wipes to sometimes get a bit sticky/left extra moisturizer behind so I used these bath wipes instead: http://www.rei.com/product/730067/ad...esh-bath-wipes