Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 322

Thread: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

  1. #241
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    924

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    The Knife.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

  2. #242
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yorba linda, ca
    Posts
    1

    Cool Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    I agree, they already have our money for the tickets. I doubt they'll replace Lou Reed. This has happened in years past and they did not have a replacement. Although I do feel like with the amount of money they're charging for tickets now, they owe it to the show goers to have a replacement for someone as iconic as Lou Reed. I love Coachella, but I think this will be the last time I go due to the rising ticket cost, the lesser quality of line ups each year, and not supplying the advertised bands, or at least replacing withdrawn bands. I feel that it's still a service you're purchasing and the service you're being provided each year is of less quality. Plus, seriously, you buy two tickets and get one bumper sticker? I mean if you purchased separately you'd each get a bumper sticker. I know it's a little thing, but for the amount the tickets cost, I think they can afford to give a bumper sticker for each ticket. Yeah I'm going to cry about it... my mom didn't buy my ticket, my paycheck did.

    Sincerely,
    I'm thirty and getting old, works hard for the money

    P.s. Check out Make Music Pasadena, free festival, great bands and it's FREE! (Plus you might get a free bumper sticker or something while you're there.)

  3. #243

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    there will be no replacement.
    the execs are going to pocket the money.
    </thread>

  4. #244
    Member thebaconator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    .
    </thread>
    \thread
    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13.1,14.1
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

  5. #245

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Daft Punk Arpil 12th vevo rumor comes true, and Lou Reed was just a cover the entire time... But seriously, there will be no replacement, look at La Roux and CatPower last year.

  6. #246

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    how bout Suede again? I mean why the hell not, right? It's been two years...I miss them...
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

  7. #247
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DreamLAnd
    Posts
    3,387

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    how bout Suede again? I mean why the hell not, right? It's been two years...I miss them...
    I did poppers during Animal Nitrate in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

  8. #248
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,754

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    How about Cat Power? She's playing every other fest and a makeup performance would be nice.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  9. #249

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    I did poppers during Animal Nitrate in 2011.
    yes, pretty sure I saw you. Again.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

  10. #250
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DreamLAnd
    Posts
    3,387

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Who is the poppers band this year? Sparks?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

  11. #251

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    yes, poppers and lipstick for SParks.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

  12. #252
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DreamLAnd
    Posts
    3,387

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

  13. #253

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcoppel View Post
    They already took LOU REED out of the poster.. Are they gonna look for a replacement?

    What artist/band has no conflict in schedule that can replace him?
    They're replacing him with another guy from his retirement home with better pitch and tone.

  14. #254

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    One dollar beers

  15. #255

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by qualitykrn View Post
    I agree, they already have our money for the tickets. I doubt they'll replace Lou Reed. This has happened in years past and they did not have a replacement. Although I do feel like with the amount of money they're charging for tickets now, they owe it to the show goers to have a replacement for someone as iconic as Lou Reed. I love Coachella, but I think this will be the last time I go due to the rising ticket cost, the lesser quality of line ups each year, and not supplying the advertised bands, or at least replacing withdrawn bands. I feel that it's still a service you're purchasing and the service you're being provided each year is of less quality. Plus, seriously, you buy two tickets and get one bumper sticker? I mean if you purchased separately you'd each get a bumper sticker. I know it's a little thing, but for the amount the tickets cost, I think they can afford to give a bumper sticker for each ticket. Yeah I'm going to cry about it... my mom didn't buy my ticket, my paycheck did.

    Sincerely,
    I'm thirty and getting old, works hard for the money

    P.s. Check out Make Music Pasadena, free festival, great bands and it's FREE! (Plus you might get a free bumper sticker or something while you're there.)
    The regulars here would chastise you for criticizing Goldenvoice.

    P.S. hi neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  16. #256
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    The regulars here would chastise you for criticizing Goldenvoice.

    P.S. hi neighbor
    Is that Michael Keaton, or are you totally worthless?

  17. #257

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    How about the recycle Rex that we expected last year

  18. #258

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Rodriguez is better anyways

  19. #259
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    A Tribe Called Quest.

  20. #260
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,035

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    how bout Suede again? I mean why the hell not, right? It's been two years...I miss them...
    Put the on the main stage before Blur/Roses.

  21. #261

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    I can't wait to see the debacle of the stone roses the tiny crowd the band realizing the crowd won't sing for them . YouTube gold is on the horizon

  22. #262
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Watch the Stone Roses take the stage at 4:30

  23. #263

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    I was going to say Prince & 3rd Eye Girl would be a possibility because he's starting a west coast small club tour in April but the he has a conflict for the second Friday. Would they ever move an act from Saturday to Friday and put the replacement on a different day? ahhhh I'm a Dreamer.

  24. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    should move two door cinema club from saturday to friday, and add garbage to saturday (since theyre already booked in vegas on the friday)

  25. #265

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    David Byrne/St Vincent would be amazing!!!

  26. #266

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Wasn't Lou going to be on the Main Stage? If so, how do you not find a replacement?

  27. #267

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    The Electronic. Bennard Summers and Johhny Marr, would be kick ass.

  28. #268
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,941

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrafe View Post
    Wasn't Lou going to be on the Main Stage? If so, how do you not find a replacement?
    where might you have heard that info?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  29. #269

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Just a guess, seeing that he's got about 8 people in his band.

  30. #270

    Default Re: Artist to replace LOU REED?!

    Oh yea, and he basically invented the alternative music genre.

Similar Threads

  1. Fucking Lou Reed
    By Grandma in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 07:44 AM
  2. Lou reed and Metallica
    By jsjwitt in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM
  3. Lollapalooza is getting Lou Reed?
    By HandBanana in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
  4. no lou reed
    By kitt kat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
  5. Lou Reed?
    By Neutral Milk Hotel in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •