Thread: EXcision...

Default EXcision...

Couldnt find a thread for them, although im sure there are at least a half dozen burried in this forum somewhere..

Anyways, its a shame they make such shitty music...or is it a shame they have a pretty sweet visual setup?

Either way, this will be a lackluster closing Sahara set for Sunday
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Default Re: EXcision...

Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

I dont care what other people say, this will be a fun set for sunday. I have seen him once (not with executioner setup) and it was actually pretty damn good. His sham sets are always great to listen to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    or is it a shame they have a pretty sweet visual setup?
    That thing may look good through an iphone camera but I bet in person it looks cheap and unimpressive. Also why do you think he will close the sahara?

Quote Originally Posted by theBeatJesus View Post
    That thing may look good through an iphone camera but I bet in person it looks cheap and unimpressive. Also why do you think he will close the sahara?
    Coachella usually likes to save something that potentially visually pleasing for like an "AWE" check that shit out, to close the Sahara.

I may be wrong though. they might have Prydz close, but at this point i am guessing Prydz plays around 9pm or something and Excision closes the Sahara out

Excision, Prydz, and Pretty Lights all have big custom visual setups that they can bring.

Wow that is bad and ugly
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

they might have Prydz close, but at this point i am guessing Prydz plays around 9pm or something and Excision closes the Sahara out
    I could see that happening, really hope prydz closes though

I may be wrong though. they might have Prydz close, but at this point i am guessing Prydz plays around 9pm or something and Excision closes the Sahara out
    I disagree. There will be a ton of people just leaving the fest hours early if it's the Chili Peppers vs Excision to close it out. They'd have to have someone else with an alternate draw on the Outdoor, and for the last few years, the Sunday headliner plays with the Outdoor stage dark.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Excision is one person.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Excision is one person.
    That's a lot of Awful for just one person

Excision's day set was fun last year. The bass was crazy. Hopefully there are no conflicts, so I can see this thing live.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Amon Tobin called and he wants you to stop making really shitty attempts at copying his stage setup...just cuz the guy endorsed you doens't mean you have to totally rip him off...
    Last edited by themule; 03-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

3d mapping with stage setups is the new technology and the direction concerts (at least edm) are going. It's not ripping him off, its an advantage for everyone! Besides, Amon Tobin and Excision have completely different audiences. Infected Mushroom has a 3d mapped new stage setup as well, can't wait to see it either!

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Excision is one person.
    It took too long for this to be addressed.

Excision is hit or miss for me. He is a great producer, but he usually just puts out uninspired dubstep tracks. He is at his best when he tries to step outside of his comfort zone. This is my favorite track by him:

His set will probably be fun. He has a good ear, and I'm sure he will cater to the audience by throwing in a bunch of trap, glitch, etc.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Excision is a deafening set, bring your ear plugs!

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post

Excision is hit or miss for me. He is a great producer, but he usually just puts out uninspired dubstep tracks. He is at his best when he tries to step outside of his comfort zone. This is my favorite track by him:

His set will probably be fun. He has a good ear, and I'm sure he will cater to the audience by throwing in a bunch of trap, glitch, etc.
    This. I've seen him twice because I love his production and I know he can put together good sets. I've loved his Shambhala sets for years. But the times I've seen him felt exactly as you said, uninspired. It was just as loud and wobbly as possible, and each song just seemed like a different arrangement of the same sounds. No progression or evolution throughout the set whatsoever.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post

this.

was fun both times I'v seen him but there have were a few tracks I could have done with out. overall should be a fun crowd pleasing set though.

That track was alright...so is that abnormally good for him or a decent barometer for his set?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Amon Tobin called and he wants you to stop making really shitty attempts at copying his stage setup...just cuz the guy endorsed you doens't mean you have to totally rip him off...
    Etienne de crecy just called telling amon to shut the f&*( up and stop copying his idea.....
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Just wanted to take a second to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Excision's set. I went in pretty skeptical, I've seen him before and thought it was pretty good, but I just didn't expect much.

Anyway, he put out a great set that had me going the whole time. His Excecutioner thing blended in surprisingly well with the rest of the stage, almost like it was designed to fit right in that little cube of LED walls. Nothing looked cheesy or cheap, the sound was great, and the energy was definitely there.

So if you like his music, it's definitely worth checking out.

Coachella Junkie

I had to work security (in the barricade, next to his army of speakers) for this guy's show a couple of weeks ago, before Coachella.

Arguably one of the worst thing I've ever had to work. Music was shit - just because you carry that much bass in your set doesn't make you good. It was cool the first 2 minutes. After that, it was annoying the whole way through.

And that stage setup is laughably cheesy. That looks like something a 15 year old kid came up with.

I really enjoyed his set. Good Bass. Good Sound. Seemed like everyone at Sahara was enjoying it also. It could have been maybe because I was waiting for a good dub act all weekend and he was pretty much the only one left. The visuals were cool but seemed kinda washed out from where I was standing.. couple of feet behind to the right of the sound guys.

I really liked the 15-20 minutes of Excision that I caught. Second only to Dirtyphonics in terms of high quality bass music.

The visual show was decent. It is truly remarkable how much better Amon Tobin's visuals are though. Even Infected Mushroom's visuals were better than Excision's.

Amon Tobin can't make that much more money than Excision can he?
    DRUGS ON KIDS

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes less. Regardless, money can't make up for talent and creativity. And choosing the right people to do your visuals.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

The Executioner looked like shit and second year now he can't pull a decent crowd. It was extremely roomy in the Sahara for him. I only went in Weekend 2 out of morbid curiosity and was surprised how small the crowd was.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.