Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What's the weather going to be like?!

Default Re: What's the weather going to be like?!

The heat should be the least of your concerns. I mean, it is the desert.

8/20 Fucked Up - The Garage
    8/22 NIN - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/30 Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/29 Tycho - Ventura Theater
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos

I hear it rains in a rainforest.
    April: Weekend 1
    May: I Break Horses, Armin Van Buuren, Gesaffelstein
    June: Low End Theory Festival, World Cup in Brazil - USA vs. Portugal

If it could at least stay under 100 for weekend 1, that would be nice. The 107 Saturday during 2012 really sucked. DJ computers everywhere dying.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    If it could at least stay under 100 for weekend 1, that would be nice. The 107 Saturday during 2012 really sucked. DJ computers everywhere dying.
    That sucked?
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Ladies and Gents - the wind last night here was unreal. It made last years 'sand storm' look like a light breeze. Wind this year has been the strongest it's ever been. The wind was so strong it pushed over full size garbage cans (like these pictured) in our neighborhood and was blowing them around like they were tin cans.

Bring extra stakes and rope. Put your stuff inside your tent before you leave in the evening and be careful...as if it gets as bad as it was last night there won't be a single shade structure that'll hold up to it...and they'll be flying everywhere. When those things land those poles are gonna hurt if they hit ya.

I've lived here for 16+ years and have never seen the winds go like they are now. It may be gone by the time the fest starts, but if not be ready.
    Last edited by baily; 04-01-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Accuweather looks like a drop W1 in temps

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Ladies and Gents - the wind last night here was unreal. It made last years 'sand storm' look like a light breeze. Wind this year has been the strongest it's ever been. The wind was so strong it pushed over full size garbage cans (like these pictured) in our neighborhood and was blowing them around like they were tin cans.

Bring extra stakes and rope. Put your stuff inside your tent before you leave in the evening and be careful...as if it gets as bad as it was last night there won't be a single shade structure that'll hold up to it...and they'll be flying everywhere. When those things land those poles are gonna hurt if they hit ya.

I've lived here for 16+ years and have never seen the winds go like they are now. It may be gone by the time the fest starts, but if not be ready.
    keep us posted man.

lower your canopies and take off the cover when you enter the fest. Your neighbors will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    back down to 85, nice 10 degree cooler for sat sunday. fri still showing 95. Its still a bit to far out to predict. 5-7 is usually pretty solid.

Having lived there for 16+ years, have you ever experienced a weather system to linger for 9 days?
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Having lived there for 16+ years, have you ever experienced a weather system to linger for 9 days?
    the santa ana winds hit the valley the first two weeks of april every year. i appreciate your effort though.

what boggles my mind is that baily has nver seen a trash can knocked over by the wind before.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

His prediction was spot on last year, I arrived Monday the week of and that wind was no joke and of course that sandstorm...either way thanks for keeping us informed baily
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    lower your canopies and take off the cover when you enter the fest. Your neighbors will thank you.
    well said!!!

I'd go so far as to ask my neighbors to do the same thing so I don't end up with a shade pole in my head in the middle of the night...because no tent is gonna stop it.

If you've ever seen a shade structure taken by the wind...it's a site...a damn scary site as anyone in the path is in serious danger.

Not F'n around ...if the wind is like it's been...there'll be a lot more photos like these.
    Last edited by baily; 04-01-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    the santa ana winds hit the valley the first two weeks of april every year. i appreciate your effort though.

what boggles my mind is that baily has nver seen a trash can knocked over by the wind before.
    Not 96 gallon containers that were full of trash...no never. That's a lot of weight...like I said I've seen the winds out here for 16+ years and it's never hit this strong.

If winds can toss a street full of 96 gallon trash cans that were full - your tents, items outside, shade structures etc don't stand a chance without being staked down.
    Last edited by baily; 04-01-2014 at 09:07 AM.

I still see 90's for W1

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ind...weather/337093
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    I see 95 / 84 / 85, which would be a surprising drop. Probably still too early.

hopefully that happens. upper 90s is overly hot. mid 80s would be amazing. when the sun is out, it will feel like 90...

http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KSGX&etn=0027
    winds are supposed to die down wednesday night...so we'll see what happens after that.

Oh shit you're right! I was totally looking at the wrong days.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Yep, happens every year between the months of June- August, sometimes even September... it's called "Fucking Hot."
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I actually wasn't mocking Baily, this time. I was genuinely wondering if the fact that it's windy 9 days before the fest portends anything at all.
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

I didn't think that last night's winds were any worse than the sandstorm last year, but then, I wasn't struck inside of a teepee in the middle of a polo field. Pretty sure the 2 storms that hit the coast yesterday/ last night had something to do with the added blow to the already yearly Santa Anas we get right before the fest.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I actually wasn't mocking Baily, this time. I was genuinely wondering if the fact that it's windy 9 days before the fest portends anything at all.
    It does. It means that, for the next 9 days the board will be all a flurry with assumptions and predictions that will rival the set times predictions. You'll see numerous accuweather charts and graphs popping up, and the sales of tent stakes suddenly skyrocketing across the country. Being a glass half full kind of gal, I like to think of this pre-fest catastrophic blowing of wind to be a final cleansing of any loose and dry horsey poop left on the fields after polo season. Well, that and the fact that if it's windy while they're setting up those tents, you can bet they'll be re-enforcing the structures accordingly.

I feel like the past three years we've been freaking out about the wind beforehand, and last year's third night was the only time I've really ever seen it get uncomfortably bad. The other times the wind has just caused cool shit like the trash tornado. Still, if it has the potential to be worse than last year...I'll bring a bandana or something to wrap around my nose and mouth and because I was coughing up dirt for like a week after last year.

And of course we had Rainchella, but it doesn't seem like that is in the forecast again.
    06, 08-14

Rainchella was awesome, it was like having a European music festival right here in SoCal!

Heat's not too hard to deal with though for those of us who are used to it so either way.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    His prediction was spot on last year, I arrived Monday the week of and that wind was no joke and of course that sandstorm...either way thanks for keeping us informed baily
    Shit you're right. I almost forgot about the posts last year showing how windy it was during set up thew week before the festival. So much for March being "Out like a lamb." The Santa Ana winds are no joke. I've been watching the wind advisory on accuweather for Indio and cringing. I'd rather have 100+ heat any day.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

With in the past few years I've been going to Coachella the weather has been all over the place. wtf?!

Weekend 1 throws curveballs. Weekend 2 simply throws the heat like Coachella is known for.

I think this week has been the coachella curve ball. We might of lucked out on getting this weeks shit weather. I could be wrong though.

The week of Coachella is exactly like homersexual states 'a curve ball.' It could be hot as fuck one day and nice the next then windy the next. I've seen fest days where it's been windy every night and we've seen it rain. The best thing I can tell anyone coming to the fest is be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. I plan for super hot during the day and cold and windy at night. We could have the worst weather on earth here Thursday the day before the fest then the best the next day....you never know...but as I stated the wind right now is the worst it's ever been.

weekend 2 is getting the perfect forcast according to accuweather. Week one always get shafted