Thread: More Drama for your Mama

Default More Drama for your Mama

Apparently Foals have taken exception to The Stone Roses and other reunion bands hogging the headliner spots.

http://www.nme.com/news/foals/69302

as if the Nick Cave hate for RHCP wasn't enough. this year's gonna be great! Bring on the Hate!

Default Re: More Drama for your Mama

What are The Foals gonna do next? Protest the next time Taylor Swift accepts a Grammy?

I think the unfortunate reality is the oversaturation of festivals and basically the novelty wearing off after a decade or so. There's only so many big/'legacy' acts, especially if you have a niche (which Coachella sort of does, and should). I've thought about this lately but I wonder how many years Coachella has left, realistically...at least until it morphs into something fairly unrecognizable. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I completely agree with what he said.

I certainly give no fucks about Blur or Stone Roses.

I don't really care about Blur or Stone Roses either, but this just comes off douchey
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

dont care about any headliners this year
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Love Foals...Praying for no conflicts

Weird. Good press for Foals I suppose.

It is much harder for a band today to achieve super-stardom because the record companies do not control who gets heard anymore. What band of the last 10 years could pull it off?

Someone like Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Kanye, or Justin Bieber could headline festivals, but that wouldn't make people like Foals any happier. If Tame Impala or Beach House were around 20 years ago they would have maybe been as huge as Blur, but in this era of self distribution it is just too easy for a band to be heard.

The problem isn't the festival promoters, its the changing music industry, and furthermore its not a problem at all. Real fans go for the undercard anyways.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Weird. Good press for Foals I suppose.

It is much harder for a band today to achieve super-stardom because the record companies do not control who gets heard anymore. What band of the last 10 years could pull it off?

Someone like Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Kanye, or Justin Bieber could headline festivals, but that wouldn't make people like Foals any happier. If Tame Impala or Beach House were around 20 years ago they would have maybe been as huge as Blur, but in this era of self distribution it is just too easy for a band to be heard.

The problem isn't the festival promoters, its the changing music industry, and furthermore its not a problem at all. Real fans go for the undercard anyways.
    well said.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

I understand that perhaps there aren't enough contemporary headliners, but they come off as entitled. They haven't even been a band for ten years. Those top spots at renowned festivals are earned.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    A gross oversimplification. I love the undercard this year but I'm not going to deny the power of 'big' names atop the lineup.

I'm bored with the dudes from Foals being at festivals. Most boring band ever. Get fucked, you disrespectful shits.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

You get people in their late 30s going to festivals
    ahahhahahahahahhahahaha

also, I like Foals a lot more than I like the Stone Roses, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

Hey crybaby bitch of the foals, you wouldnt even be playing festivals have a career or have any chord progressions to rip off it it wasnt for those bands from the 90's. I could only hope nobody over 30 ever buys your music or goes to your shows ever again you pretentious fuckface. I'm going to shit in my depends and throw it in your face next time I see you disrespectful pukes.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

old school

HAHAHAHAHhahahahahaHAHHAhaHahahahahAhahHahHAHahHAh ahAHhahaHAhahAHhaha! Never had listened to them. Just watched the vid for Inhaler! LULZ!!!!!. These asshats are dressed in 90's clothing playing Jazzmasters in front of a Keith Haringesque painted pool! Not too mention this track sounds like it was straight ripped off from Stabbing Westward , Filter, or some other forgoten band from the 90's. Get over yr egos & yourselves foals, you are the least innovative band I have heard in a long time.

none of them are very good looking either
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

old school

Yeah the one pretty much looks like Joshua Homme's adolescent clone.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Yeah the one pretty much looks like Joshua Homme's adolescent clone.
    I was thinking Michael Sera, actually.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    A gross oversimplification. I love the undercard this year but I'm not going to deny the power of 'big' names atop the lineup.
    Of course big names are important for selling tickets, but I think they will continue to be older bands or super mainstream acts (Jack Johnson, Kanye, Justin Timberlake) for a while because of how hard it is to reach superstar status in today's music scene.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Beyond merely selling tickets, big names simply still bring the sense of grandness a festival like this deserves. Otherwise it's like FYF on roids.