Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Coachella face pressure from Ultra?

Default Does Coachella face pressure from Ultra?

Ive been going to Coachella for 5 years now and it will always be my favorite, but does anyone think Golden Voice will go extra big this year with surprises/stages after seeing Ultra's immense lineup and stage setups? I watched all three days of the live streams for Ultra and that shit looked pretty fucking immense.

Default Re: Does Coachella face pressure from Ultra?

The stages at ultra were pretty amazing I must admitt. I hope Coachella steps up the production.

Quote Originally Posted by clindsay123 View Post
    Ive been going to Coachella for 5 years now and it will always be my favorite, but does anyone think Golden Voice will go extra big this year with surprises/stages after seeing Ultra's immense lineup and stage setups? I watched all three days of the live streams for Ultra and that shit looked pretty fucking immense.
    Ultra is an absolutely terrible festival in a terrible town full of terrible people.

Stages at Coachella could benefit from the Creator's Project touch again though...
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Ultra is an absolutely terrible festival in a terrible town full of terrible people.
    Please explain.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Stages at Coachella could benefit from the Creator's Project touch again though...
    Go fuck yourself...I'm from Miami and the douchebags don't speak for all of us... In terms of stage production I do think Ultra is pressuring Coachella but the overall customer experience is 100x better at Coachella than Ultra...because Coachella invests in it.
    Upcoming Shows:

I really hope the Creator's Project makes a return soon. What they did was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

They are two different types of festivals. Other then the inclination to amp up the Sahara production, I don't really see why Coachella would be feel pressure from Ultra.

The Sahara lost production value last year... Ultra stepped it up because of the 2 weekend thing so Coach might as well too..

Quote Originally Posted by Rynoo View Post
    The Sahara lost production value last year... Ultra stepped it up because of the 2 weekend thing so Coach might as well too..
    Sahara has lost everything value. It's almost like ever since Perry stopped appearing at the Sahara it's been going down the tubes. Perry's stage at Lolla is fucking nice though.

I know one has nothing to do with the other, but it was a 'thing' to see Perry at Coachella like some magic fairy saying Hello before Lolla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    Go fuck yourself...I'm from Miami and the douchebags don't speak for all of us... In terms of stage production I do think Ultra is pressuring Coachella but the overall customer experience is 100x better at Coachella than Ultra...because Coachella invests in it.
    Alright fair enough, but it's still South Beach and it's a strictly EDM fest so you literally get the worst crowd ever along with EDC in any damn city they go to. But Miami has like +5 Douchebag skill.

Coachella is a much nicer everything because the variety of music attracts multiple kinds of people so it's not predominantly one kind of annoying demographic (Unless you go to the Sahara on a shitty year like 2012).

Coachella art comes from Burning Man, the artists are thrilled to put their shit on display as is. But the awesome parts of Coachella that no production budget in the world can bring Miami is the geographic location. You just can't buy Mountains.

Also every time I open a news link about some horrible thing no sane human would ever do... Florida. Granted, not Miami/Ft Lauderdale... but still lol

Another board I frequent has a "Florida News" thread. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynoo View Post
    i thought the new panel screens were cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Go fuck yourself, Miami is the shit. It's NOT south beach, the NBA has changed what people perceive as "south beach"

UMF and Coachella are two completely different festivals.

I dunno... there's something about expensive and overproduced EDM shows that scream RIPOFF to me.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    I dunno... there's something about expensive and overproduced EDM shows that scream RIPOFF to me.
    agreed. but then again 3 days of purely electronic is pretty unappealing to me
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Alright fair enough, but it's still South Beach and it's a strictly EDM fest so you literally get the worst crowd ever along with EDC in any damn city they go to. But Miami has like +5 Douchebag skill.

Coachella is a much nicer everything because the variety of music attracts multiple kinds of people so it's not predominantly one kind of annoying demographic (Unless you go to the Sahara on a shitty year like 2012).

Coachella art comes from Burning Man, the artists are thrilled to put their shit on display as is. But the awesome parts of Coachella that no production budget in the world can bring Miami is the geographic location. You just can't buy Mountains.

Also every time I open a news link about some horrible thing no sane human would ever do... Florida. Granted, not Miami/Ft Lauderdale... but still lol
    I agree with all that, I was just saying that Florida is like Darth Vader...theres still some good in it.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    Go fuck yourself, Miami is the shit. It's NOT south beach, the NBA has changed what people perceive as "south beach"
    The entire state of Florida is backwards and disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    I agree with all that, I was just saying that Florida is like Darth Vader...theres still some good in it.
    Hey at least you seem to be a cool dude, so there's at least one non-douche in Miami.

Unlike this guy:
    Just LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    agreed. but then again 3 days of purely electronic is pretty unappealing to me
    I'm done with 3 hours

Edit...

30 minutes actually
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

It's pronounced "souff beach" - get it right.

@wonderbot, can I help you?

Max you seem like the guy who wears a Chris Bosh jersey

I like the stuff ultra and Edc do stagewise but they hardly seem to show artists own touring rigs. Those displays are always better IMO than just different videos being played for each artist .

Honestly, I'm fully under the impression that white kids in heat jerseys look like douchebags because you have to be jacked as hell to pull off new style NBA jerseys because of the way they're cut

I'm really not the typical Miami douche, but I'll agree that I sort of came off as one earlier. I am from Miami though, now living in LA and felt like I had to represent my city.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'm really not the typical Miami douche

Then why did you just say this
    you have to be jacked as hell to pull off new style NBA jerseys
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Honestly, I'm fully under the impression that white kids in heat jerseys look like douchebags because you have to be jacked as hell to pull off new style NBA jerseys because of the way they're cut

I'm really not the typical Miami douche, but I'll agree that I sort of came off as one earlier. I am from Miami though, now living in LA and felt like I had to represent my city.
    Has tiesto ever given you a moment you can't describe

Because find me a scrawny white kid who looks good in an NBA jersey

You've phrased the question to ask if Ultra is putting pressure on Coachella. Like, if the execs of Ultra are prank calling Paul T. during their festival with sullen, husky voices, "check out those light rigs, Paul....pressure's on."

So, the short answer, is no? Not really at all? You idiot?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I really don't listen to Tiesto. At all. But thanks.