Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official The Sopranos thread

Default Re: Official The Sopranos thread

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    Yeah tony already tested Sil after his brawl with bobby. and its obvious of Sil's ability to take the family boss role after tony passes his power on.
    sil already tried taking on the role of acting boss while tony was in the coma. i don't think that worked out so well.

Well, it was hectic because it was so sudden, Sil was and is the only person who can really take a firm grasp of the family is he is named successor. It would have been bad for anyone taking control during that time.

not sure I like this gambling bit... is it just me or is this a brand new problem for tony? seems like it might be setting him up for the fall, and it feels a little contrived.

Everything they do is a gamble... but I agree.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

how many more episodes are left? i was soooo hoping for chris to kill paulie...daaaaaaamn

4 episodes left
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

I predict that almost all of them live with the exception of Chris, and Tony having heavy influence on the New York family. I see Chris being put up as sacrifice to Phil Leatardo for final compensation of the death of his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

noooooooooooooooo lol chris and sil are my two favs...i wanna see chris go even more crazy and kill paulie. i just hope SOMETHING happends, it seems like every episode so far, somethings about to go down....and then nothing

definitely didnt wanna see chris go out..especially at the hand of tony! not sure about that ending either...

poor chrissy. i knew it as soon as i saw him put in the departed soundtrack. i was like, car wreck coming. it's time. he had his big goodbye moment for the Emmy last episode and now it's time to go.

poor aj. welcome to the life. from father to son. lot of good one liners tonight that didn't seem all that funny with christofuh dead.

i'm laying money that this doesn't end well at all. 50 bucks says tony's a dead man before the end of the last episode. they're not letting us off the hook here. as well they shouldn't. everyone will get what they deserve here. just like real life.

I have to disagree. Sure, it'll turn into all out warfare, but I don't think T will be the one to go down. Phil is overstepping and he knows it, he has no revenge to extract now that Tony has suffered another death in his family. Phil will be hit but i honestly can't imagine Tony going down.

I'll take that bet mob.

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

id love to see phil go down...the new york family just seems like theyre a bunch of old bitches...im just holdin on to my last fav, sil...

hey bluedevil, what didn't you like about the ending? my personal gripe with the show this final season is its overuse of sensationalism to push the story along. tony doing chris in may mean that he has learned nothing from therapy, which cheapens his character in a way as well as psychoanalysis as a whole. but then again, these are sociopaths (or at the very least, misanthropes at heart) that we are dealing with here, so there you go.

also, buriedlife, i can't in good conscience take that bet. i have a lot of acquaintances in the business and i might know something that you don't, therefore i wouldn't feel right about taking your money. i'm not a complete asshole.

thanks though. we will see.

i didnt understand when tony was winning at roulette and said "hes dead" and then out in the desert when he said "i get it"...i just didnt see how it was all tied together...help?

Well from what i got from it, Tony believes that therapy was not going to solve his problems. He thought that because he solved his own problems rather than by communication he was rewarded with good fortune. I would have to agree with mob though, it doesn't seem to cheapen his character by almost denouncing the therapy. In an erratic way, he seems to find himself trying to escape a choice he did not want to make.

Oh and thanks mob, that would be stealing money, blue money. I'm glad you have a good head on your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    i didnt understand when tony was winning at roulette and said "hes dead" and then out in the desert when he said "i get it"...i just didnt see how it was all tied together...help?
    because tony believes, for better or worse, that chrissy was bad luck to him. since he began "coincidentally" winning at roulette, he attributed this to the fact that chris was dead. remember, he was also on peyote though (wtf?) which could also explain the screaming at the sun thing at the end. kind of heavy handed, i suppose, but there's no reason to believe that tony couldn't both be delusional as well as have a deep insight while under the influence. again, he was on peyote. that's right, peyote. hey everybody, tony soprano did peyote in vegas. yeah peyote. we get it. so cool.

yeah, it was kind of a cheap trick. i didn't buy it.

ok...thats what i figured but didnt get the screaming at the sun at all...still cant believe only 3 episodes left..and the previews only made it worse! "you gotta go to phil hat in hand.." that part should be interesting

Last nights episode was the best in a very long time. Im officially a fan again.

I was torn with last night episode as either one of the best one's I have seen in a while or just borderline ridiculous. he's smoking paoti now in the desert, come on. But it was great. Anyone else think Dr. Melfi is in with the Feds? there is something about her this season that doesn't add up

final episode belongs to melfi. bet on it. last ten minutes anyway.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 05-14-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Isn't there a confidentiality agreement that would be broken if she corroborated with the feds? Wwouldn't that invalidate any testimony?

she's not talking to the feds. she respects and loves tony too much for that. believe it or not.

Oh, very cool. I picked that up from her, but this thread was alluding to her testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I was torn with last night episode as either one of the best one's I have seen in a while or just borderline ridiculous. he's smoking paoti now in the desert, come on. But it was great.
    agreed, first half of the episode was great second half was ridiculous I could barely get through it.

Yes, last night was just nuts. In the first 10 minutes somebody dying is just like "what the hell?!?!". And the whole Vegas thing was ridiculous, although the chick he was with was HAWT.

she was gorgeous...its just so hard watchin tony hook up with all these hotties

Well what can you say? "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" I think the last hook up was hilarious though, she knocked on the door and was all giving him a look, cut to Tony finishing her off.

haha pretty much

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

jesus christ that girl was hot.

I love how they just manufactured some hot piece of ass to who sorta kinda used to know chris just as a flimsy pretext to get Tony off on his little metaphysical journey.

The ending makes perfect sense to me. His epiphany at the roulette table (btw does anyone else get a kick out of the fact while Tony was at the table it was "mob roulette"?... sorry forget it) was just due to the peyote cutting through all his manufactured tensions and finally realizing he's in complete control of his future. Him yelling at the sun is just being high. I can't think of many better places to be coming down off a peyote trip. It doesn't have to make sense.

thanks jack.