Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official The Sopranos thread

Default Official The Sopranos thread

I swear I am equally as excited for this as I am for Coachella,and I've missed both the last two years.
    Speaking of which,how am I going to hold out in the campgrounds Sunday night without knowing what has happened on The Sopranos?
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Default Re: Official The Sopranos thread

Yeah I know, missing that episode really is going to kinda bug me. This season should be fucking amazing though, not even because it's the last season, but if anyone else has read any of the sum-ups of the main storylines for these episodes I think they'd agree that it sounds like a wonderful making for a tight conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I'm purposefully not reading ANYTHING because two seasons ago I read something in TV Guide that said a major character would die early in the season,and it made me just think about who it would be,instead of just enjoying it.
    I plan on watching it at 6PM every Sunday(except for the 29th) so I guess I can read this thread safely and I promise to write SPOILER ALERT if I discuss anything that happened in that nights episode....

poor bobby. this magic moment indeed. good ep.

also maybe retitle the thread simply "The Sopranos (SPOILERS ALERT)" and we shouldn't have any problems.

meaning i'm in. i'm all over this show. i catch all the references and meta moments too. i will post every monday as well.

exhibit a: tony gets bj for bday, makes fun of sister for giving one under boardwalk. this magic moment used twice in episode, once for tony interspersed with iraq news, not quite so magical. second time is bobby's, at the end, and it truly is magical what with daughter and all. the drifters other big hit?

"under the boardwalk, that guy's schlong in jan's mouth..."

this show is outstanding. still. so good.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Bobby screwed up his cherry poppin' murder. The guy he shot totally ripped his shirt and held onto it. Bobby didn't take it with him.

Bobby brings the whole family crumbling.

AJ with the 4-5 year old in his arms sucking on a pacifier. WTF Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

I didn't know Ronnie did a cameo on the Sopranos. Too bad he got killed so quickly.

I dont know why he dropped the gun.
    I dont know why he didnt pull the shirt back. This is all too obvious.
    He spoke on the boat about how easy it is to get caught with DNA testing, forensic evidence, etc...what a maroon.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

I swear to god the tension that was building while they were playing Monopoly was nuts. I was just waiting for something to happen like it did. This season will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by thinnerair View Post
    I didn't know Ronnie did a cameo on the Sopranos. Too bad he got killed so quickly.

I dont know why he dropped the gun.
    I dont know why he didnt pull the shirt back. This is all too obvious.
    He spoke on the boat about how easy it is to get caught with DNA testing, forensic evidence, etc...what a maroon.
    leave the gun, take the cannoli. rule #1. firearm is likely unregistered. he will likely get nailed on the shirt though. dumbass. feel bad cause he was so nervous and not thinking straight but still. dumbass.

also paulie's the only one walking away from all this. bet on it. chris is a dead man, tony either locked up or flipping, silvio nailed for murder or attempted if adriana comes back, janice nailed for richie aprile if tony flips, junior looking more and more like a likely suicide candidate. i mean, who's left, not counting the kids?

i decided that the thing i love/hate the most about this show is its open-ended nature. i notice now that they have made it very easy to say that silvio never killed adriana. very easy. we will see.

how do you figure???? he shot her in the woods, how could he have not?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    Show some sensitivity, bluedevil. You shouldn't talk about a shooting like it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Show some sensitivity, bluedevil. You shouldn't talk about a shooting like it doesn't matter.
    lol wow...

they never showed it. adriana is silvio's niece. he could have let her go and paid her loads of hush money. improbable but possible. but they're setting it up so that you might entertain these kinds of thoughts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    they never showed it. adriana is silvio's niece. he could have let her go and paid her loads of hush money. improbable but possible. but they're setting it up so that you might entertain these kinds of thoughts anyway.
    yessir they did in fact show it...cant get specific but sylvio picked her up acting like he was gonna take her to meet up with chris, takes her to the woods and then shoots her. i definitely wish she was still alive cuz shes a hottie but no sir, she got shot. i wanna say season 5....good episode though. she was flippin to the FBI and she wanted chris to run away with her, chris said ok but really told tony the deal, so they took care of it. anyways, hope this refreshes your memory. gotta love them sopranos...

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

yessir they did in fact show it...cant get specific but sylvio picked her up acting like he was gonna take her to meet up with chris, takes her to the woods and then shoots her. i definitely wish she was still alive cuz shes a hottie but no sir, she got shot. i wanna say season 5....good episode though. she was flippin to the FBI and she wanted chris to run away with her, chris said ok but really told tony the deal, so they took care of it. anyways, hope this refreshes your memory. gotta love them sopranos...
    he meant they never actually showed her being shot. They just showed silvio chasing after her in the woods.

I do believe she's dead though. It's just that showing her actually being shot would have been kind of brutal even for Sopranos.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    he meant they never actually showed her being shot. They just showed silvio chasing after her in the woods.

I do believe she's dead though. It's just that showing her actually being shot would have been kind of brutal even for Sopranos.
    hmmmm i could of sworn it showed her on the ground and syl pointing the gun and shooting, but not actually seeing adrianna shot. but i could be wrong. like you said though, shes definitely gone...any predicitions on who dies this final season?

I need to watch this show.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

hmmmm i could of sworn it showed her on the ground and syl pointing the gun and shooting, but not actually seeing adrianna shot. but i could be wrong. like you said though, shes definitely gone...any predicitions on who dies this final season?
    after this last episode I'm more convinced than ever it's going to be Chris.
    The ultimate would be Chris betraying Tony.

btw how awesome was the dinner scene with Silvio where the the NY guy got shot. That was old school.

haha no doubt...pretty crazy when all of a sudden blood was on sil's face. but man, i dont want sil or chris to die! those two are my favorites...but i could definitely seen something with chris...kinda shitty its the last season! its like losing a friend haha atleast theres entourage

I love how Sil plays the safe card in the last episode. Tony seems almost frustrated to not have Sil go one way or another because he feels paranoid from the Johnny Sach ordeal.
    I predict Chris will trying and flee to New York and get help from there trying to take tony out. So Phill can set up a new boss in NJ and have a legacy for his family when he backs out of the power struggle.

god! i hate the new york family...definitely not as cool as the dirty jerz crew. im pretty sure the episode on the sunday of coachella, will be the "must watch" with my luck

re: last night...poor junior. still. just when you think it can't get any worse. him stroking the cat at the end was an homage to the godfather as was this from last week:

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    btw how awesome was the dinner scene with Silvio where the the NY guy got shot. That was old school.
    slo mo powder burst just like when michael shoots mc cluskey in the restaurant. extra slow so that you might catch it. so cool.

im pretty sure the episode on the sunday of coachella, will be the "must watch" with my luck
    ding ding ding. next week is going to be the killer. thank christ for tivo.

I thought the actor playing the kid in the nursing home did a really fine job on this episode.One of the greatest things about The Sopranos is how for one episode it'll focus almost entirely on someone new and unexpected,and they always find accomplished actors for this(Robert Patrick,the guy that wrote "Cleaver",Tony's Dad's ex-girlfriend,etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I thought the actor playing the kid in the nursing home did a really fine job on this episode.One of the greatest things about The Sopranos is how for one episode it'll focus almost entirely on someone new and unexpected,and they always find accomplished actors for this(Robert Patrick,the guy that wrote "Cleaver",Tony's Dad's ex-girlfriend,etc.)
    agreed. christopher mc donald was great last week in his limited role as chris' sponsor. i sometimes think the sopranos cast like this just out of respect. remember the episode with burt young (paulie from rocky)? i always thought that was a real nice thing to do for the guy.

polly bergen was the creepiest though. "happy birfday, mister pwesident..."
    shudder.

christopher mc donald was great last week in his limited role as chris' sponsor
    I'm glad you mentioned him.I did a play in New Mexico with him ("When You Comin' Back Red Ryder")about 15 years ago,and he was a helluva nice guy.I'm glad to see him doing well.

episode three, second viewing. "three's company" referred to paulie, tony, and tony's father. also junior, asian kid, and the professor. also the hospital staff probably. don't know what the use of "25,000 pyramid" meant though. any ideas?

they're setting this up pretty well, imho. tony's going to go through everyone to see who he can really trust. chris is out. bobby's out. paulie's out. hesh is soon to be out cause of a gambling debt. tony will finally settle on silvio as his ultimate number two but will likely be betrayed by him too. again, adriana?

episode 4 is the payoff for a lot of this. bet on it.

episode three, second viewing. "three's company" referred to paulie, tony, and tony's father. also junior, asian kid, and the professor. also the hospital staff probably. don't know what the use of "25,000 pyramid" meant though. any ideas?

they're setting this up pretty well, imho. tony's going to go through everyone to see who he can really trust. chris is out. bobby's out. paulie's out. hesh is soon to be out cause of a gambling debt. tony will finally settle on silvio as his ultimate number two but will likely be betrayed by him too. again, adriana?

episode 4 is the payoff for a lot of this. bet on it.
    Yeah tony already tested Sil after his brawl with bobby. and its obvious of Sil's ability to take the family boss role after tony passes his power on.

How perfect was that scene on the boat with Tony and Paulie? That was pretty intense. Especially the last minute or so after Tony stands up...I didn't know what the hell was going to happen.
    And I still don't have any good guess as to what's going to happen this season.
    The Finest in Elegant Flamboyance

PF,can we have a "Sopranos tent" from 6PM to 7PM Sunday,just this once?I'll bring the talking fish.