Thread: Goldenvoice and Arts & Crafts Present

Default Goldenvoice and Arts & Crafts Present

Goldenvoice taking over Canada next Same weekend as Lollapalooza. I wonder who will play both...

The Grove Music Festival
    8/3/2013
    NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO

Phoenix
    Girl Talk
    Hot Chip
    MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS
    Pretty Lights
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Bob Mould
    Earl Sweatshirt
    Wavves
    Icona Pop
    Palma Violets
    Young Empires
    Nightbox

As if Arts & Crafts' 10th anniversary festival and compilation album weren't already keeping the Toronto label busy enough, it has now partnered with concert promoter Goldenvoice to present the Grove Music Festival. This star-studded event will take place on August 3 in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.

This promises to be a jam-packed day of music, with performers including Phoenix, Hot Chip, Girl Talk, the Gaslight Anthem, Earl Sweatshirt, Wavves, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bob Mould, Pretty Lights, Palma Violets, Young Empires, Icona Pop and Nightbox.

The fest will take place at the Commons at Butler's Barracks National Historic Site. The Grove is said to blend the feeling of a large festival with that of a small community event, and a press release notes that it "places emphasis on themes of discovery, diversity, sustainability and environment."

Early bird and VIP tickets go on sale tomorrow (March 5) at 10 a.m. local time. These will be available while quantities last, although any available early bird tickets will go off the market on Thursday morning (March 7).

Early bird tickets cost $74.50 plus $10.25 of additional charges, while a standard ticket is $79.50 plus $15.25 of additional charges. VIP tickets are $140 plus $17.75 in extra charges.

Get more information over at The GroveFest.com.
    http://thegrovefest.com/

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Default Re: Goldenvoice and Arts & Crafts Present

There will probably be significant overlap in the lineups of this new fest and Osheaga (which is a fantastic festival) up in Montreal, which runs 8/2-4. I guess if bands schedule it right they could do Osheaga / Grove / Lolla or Lolla / Grove / Osheaga.

Default Re: Goldenvoice and Arts & Crafts Present

So what's going on with this bad boy?

Pretty Lights, Mackelmore, and Bob Mould got dropped? Location changed?

Looked pretty interesting originally but now seems like a bit of a cluster...