Thread: Did they change the shuttle bus drop off location @ coachella?

Question Did they change the shuttle bus drop off location @ coachella?

I know a lot of us were complaining about the inconvenient location of the shuttle drop off/pick up location last year. I got my tickets today and I can't tell if the map has changed or not. What do you guys think?

photo copy 4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Default Re: Did they change the shuttle bus drop off location @ coachella?

Looks the same to me.

Looks to be in the same spot to me.

It looks like the shuttle lot is the same but that perhaps the drop-off and path to the venue has moved slightly to the east. But who knows if they will actually have moved it or it's just lazy mapping. Since it's my first time riding the shuttles, I wouldn't mind them shaving a 100 yds or so off the walk.

I'm sure someone will come along soon with jpgs of both maps and crude drawings illustrating the difference.

It looks like the shuttlers' path to the venue does not meet the campers' path. Maybe no more double security check?
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by omerta View Post
    Maybe no more double security check?

The problem isn't the drop off. It's the death march around the entire field at the end to get on the buses. It's literally like almost a mile around that entire thing. After a full day at the fest it feels like forever.

Couldn't agree more, that walk in the end is so bad. I wish they'd try to find a solution, such as a temporary pedestrian foot bridge to avoid that loop.

I'd encourage anyone to email Valley Music Travel about it here , in the past they have seemed receptive to suggestions.
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 03-19-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Are you saying there's a long queue/loop when you get back to the shuttle "field" (labeled 2B) that loops you around? Because the path to and from the festival appears shorter.

You have to walk around the shuttle lot to get to the gate for your shuttle line. It's quite a walk but it's well organized that way. I think there will be a whole chaos otherwise.
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

im always way too fucking out of it by the end of the day to tell why exactly it works this way but when you are dropped off the walk in is no biggie but at the end of the night it takes a fucking eternity to make it back to the lines

Right now the area where the buses park is in the middle and people walk around that area. This is obviously so pedestrian traffic doesn't interfere with the buses going in and out of the venue.

But it should be the other way around, people should queue in the middle of the field and the buses should go around. You don't really need that much space to drop people off, just a single bus lane and a long ass pedestrian line similar to what they currently have. Once the bus drops people off, they would circle the area where people could queue going towards the back and then parking on the other side to wait to pick up passengers.

The only logistics problem with that approach is that right now buses coming and go out using the same access road. But last year our bus driver got lost and we got into that lot through the back, close to where the vip parking is located so perhaps having buses coming form the west and leave from the east could be possible.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Have you noticed the sea of people circling that lot at the end of the night? The biggest reason for it setup that way is to spread out the crowd. If the lines formed as soon as you crossed the street it would all backup into a giant clusterfuck that extended back into the camping area. Yes it's more walking but it makes logical sense if you consider the number of people funneling through at one time.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014