Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Car Camping Really That Bad?

Default Re: Is Car Camping Really That Bad?

I make light of the camping but it really is pretty light. If you have major problems, you can go into the city and get help. You want minor help, like you forgot things, check with your neighbors. The idea is to be prepared as well as you can. Water, canopy, warm clothes just in case, tickets, ID, good shoes, camera, screw a phone and most foods, Goldbond, money, a great gal or guy... Ready, set, go ......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by blizzair View Post
    First off- this is my first time in 5 years going and not camping. a little sad about it.

My must haves (aside from the obvious tent/canopy/food etc..):
    -BRING A CANOPY. i made the mistake of not doing this my first year camping. It makes an unbelievable difference. walmart has the cheapest ones. so worth it.
    - gatorade powder
    - baby wipes for when you cant be bothered with the shower line
    - ear plugs
    - sleeping mask
    - I usually buy a little spray bottle at Target then just fill it with water and spritz people/myself all morning before we head in. you could prob bring it into the fest too if it's empty but i've never tried
    - glow bracelets are always a big hit with my friends/randoms. I like to buy a lot of cheap ones to hand out. makes people smile! (drugs are bad k?)
    - solar powered phone charger saved my ass last year as well

hope this helps! have fun!
    Last year we just filled a backpack with empty water bottles and put the spray bottle under all of them. No one wanted to take all the waters out to get to the bottom so that always worked. Otherwise they wouldnt let you through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzair View Post
    First off- this is my first time in 5 years going and not camping. a little sad about it.

My must haves (aside from the obvious tent/canopy/food etc..):
    -BRING A CANOPY. i made the mistake of not doing this my first year camping. It makes an unbelievable difference. walmart has the cheapest ones. so worth it.
    - gatorade powder
    - baby wipes for when you cant be bothered with the shower line
    - ear plugs
    - sleeping mask
    - I usually buy a little spray bottle at Target then just fill it with water and spritz people/myself all morning before we head in. you could prob bring it into the fest too if it's empty but i've never tried
    - glow bracelets are always a big hit with my friends/randoms. I like to buy a lot of cheap ones to hand out. makes people smile! (drugs are bad k?)
    - solar powered phone charger saved my ass last year as well

hope this helps! have fun!
    +sun screen. seriously. you will burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersblue View Post
    Last year we just filled a backpack with empty water bottles and put the spray bottle under all of them. No one wanted to take all the waters out to get to the bottom so that always worked. Otherwise they wouldnt let you through with it.
    at the beginning of the festival last year i could bring in an empty spray bottle. by the end of the weekend my option was take it back to the site or take out the straw part. the security lady said that people had started taking off the top and putting it into soda bottles and spraying people with soda. dicks.

Troll

camping is pretty dirty IMO

its ok if your poor, but if you have the money just stay at a hotel or better yet rent a house

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSweat View Post

its ok if your poor, but if you have the money just stay at a hotel or better yet rent a house
    gold.jpg
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Car camping is for poor people. It's the Coachella Ghetto.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    LOL.

What would you consider RV Camping when they had it in 2010?

The upper crust suburbs?

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    LOL.

What would you consider RV Camping when they had it in 2010?

The upper crust suburbs?
    the inner city slums of the polo field

Quote Originally Posted by alysiarenee View Post
    at the beginning of the festival last year i could bring in an empty spray bottle. by the end of the weekend my option was take it back to the site or take out the straw part. the security lady said that people had started taking off the top and putting it into soda bottles and spraying people with soda. dicks.
    long as it grape, yo

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    long as it grape, yo

Camped every year since they started offering it and there is no other way to go. If you are really worried about people being too loud, you are doing it wrong.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

Having a room with beds, shower, toilet, tv, and a balcony no more than 5 minutes from anything else is really the way to festival.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

My way is the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSweat View Post

wHAT THE...?!?!

Car camping is the best! hope to see some of you there!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

I love car camping but can't shit in a portopotty. Doing hotel and car camping this year just for No. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Having a room with beds, shower, toilet, tv, and a balcony no more than 5 minutes from anything else is really the way to festival.
    Sounds like the royal plaza inn down the street. ����������
    Last edited by darthlaker; 03-28-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    [B]Darthlaker

Car camping is great. the only downside to it is the whole 7 am -12 pm everyday when it is too hot to do anything but be miserable and tired and hungover. Weve been getting camping and a nice resort the last few years which is really the way to go. We have a locker (the car) and a headquarters to go to before during and after the show to hang out, drink, eat smoke and change and then have a nice bed to go back to with bathrooms and showers and good night sleep. Wake up and take a swim and cruise into the festival around 2ish and do it all over again. Highly recommended if you have enough people to split costs of everything
    Coachella 08,09,10,11,12.1,13.1,14.1
    Wakarusa Fest 05,06,07
    Woodstock 99

Quote Originally Posted by feo62 View Post
    Car camping is great. the only downside to it is the whole 7 am -12 pm everyday when it is too hot to do anything but be miserable and tired and hungover. Weve been getting camping and a nice resort the last few years which is really the way to go. We have a locker (the car) and a headquarters to go to before during and after the show to hang out, drink, eat smoke and change and then have a nice bed to go back to with bathrooms and showers and good night sleep. Wake up and take a swim and cruise into the festival around 2ish and do it all over again. Highly recommended if you have enough people to split costs of everything
    that would be too much to coordinate for me. one of the biggest draws of camping is that once I'm there thursday, I don't have to worry about going anywhere or wait for anyone to be ready until monday morning. having a pool and bed is nice, but I have that in the real world, this is coachella and that alone makes ground sleeping in 100 degree weather worth it

When you car camp you really feel like you never leave the fest . It's something that makes the experience incomparable . Instead of visiting fantasy land for three days you live in it for three days .

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    When you car camp you really feel like you never leave the fest . It's something that makes the experience incomparable . Instead of visiting fantasy land for three days you live in it for three days .
    That makes me so excited! I can't wait to camp and try and show strangers all the cool drinking games my friends and I have made up camping over the years.

this. camping is magical. bring an air mattress if you want to make it even better.

What weekend are you camping, phantom?

Car camping is fun but you won't get much sleep and forget about showering. But who cares anyway, you aren't here to be clean and rested. Everyone in the park is super nice and if you are laid back and cool you will have an awesome time. Pack earplugs, an air mattress, and extra beer for all the neat strangers you will make friends with.

Poor people have the best parties. Titanic anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by baldomero View Post
    Car camping sucks big time... Best advice bring a bike and a portable toilet bucket you can use incognito at your camp site... very cheap and you can buy it at Walmart.... Make sure to run your car while you charge your cellphones as well
    Actually all of that is terrible advice. Except the bike thing, never done that. But for real, it's really not that big of a deal to walk to the portapotties, and having a smelly toilet bucket in your campsite when it is 100+ degrees sounds miserable. And idling your car just to charge your phone is such a waste, and blows exhaust fumes into your and your neighbors campsites. Get a cheap charger like this or just charge it at a charging station. Or, if you conserve, you won't need to charge it at all. No wonder you had a bad time, you were doing it all wrong.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldomero View Post
    Car camping sucks big time... Best advice bring a bike and a portable toilet bucket you can use incognito at your camp site... very cheap and you can buy it at Walmart.... Make sure to run your car while you charge your cellphones as well
    Yeah, no one wants you running your civic in the campgrounds, breh. Car camping does suck, but it has nothing to do with camping, and everything to do with cars. Not only did you do it all wrong, but you're a chode to boot.

If I can smell your car, your shit, or you at Coachella, then something is wrong. The only odor coming off of you had better be the piney scent of some cool fresh OG (Hydro/Organic for extra points)

go in with a good mood and you'll have an incredible time car camping

The only negatives I've found are the shower lines (get up early and beat everyone there), waking up to the sun rising and having to peel your sweat soaked sleeping bag off your body, and not having a refrigerator. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMZ.

Oh, and when you get stuck next to trucks full of frat bros blasting cheese all day and night and then having them ask you for a jump on the last day because they drained their car battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"